ADVERTISEMENT

********OFFICIAL GAME THREAD********

Thank God we have some 20th ranked players next year that will come back.. Next year will be tough... But it's a class that's set up for the future. 4 freshman and a sophomore just won't cut it very often.

I swear to God my cat (named Cal unfortunately for him today) is doing figure GD eights around my feet while I'm trying to chill out.

Yes I kicked it, No I don't give a damn. Kicked something and it was named Cal. A win.
That's some funny stuff.

I swear to God my cat (named Cal unfortunately for him today) is doing figure GD eights around my feet while I'm trying to chill out.

Yes I kicked it, No I don't give a damn. Kicked something and it was named Cal. A win.
Mods please ban for ban for animal cruelty

oddly enough Briscoe played a good 2nd half.

Willis was good.

Monk was his normal self.

Gabriel and Hump no shows.

...its Fox who's killed us tonight. Cant stay in front of his man, bad turnovers led to easy KU buckets, no FT attempts for him should never happen, means he took bad shots.

I can't even be excited about next season. Nobody of consequence back, so just another season with "young" players.

This is obviously a terrible defensive team, but Hump not providing anything this year is a killer too. I don't have confidence in anyone other than Bam to get a rebound. A lot of holes on this team.

I wonder if Tipton will ask Cal how Self's ass tastes. Yes, I have been drinking, it's a coping mechanism.

Cal just needs to punish players.. Idc if they sre future lotto picks. Hold them accountable.. If they don't respond or fight back, put them on the bench.

This team is the basketball equivalent to Louisville football. Against any team with talent they are garbage. They got lucky with UNC because monk was hot. Outside of that they've lost to every good team they played. more average basketball from the bluegrass.

Reactions: Seckatz
I said it in 2015 after the loss and thought I overreacted, but to hell with draft picks, I don't watch the NBA, I don't care how rich they get, at some point the priority has to change to UK and not the nba.
If Cal can't win with that team he damn sure ain't going to win with this one.

59% FT

17 turnovers

That's the game in a nut shell.

Going to have to shake it off beat Georgia at home Tuesday then have a tough tough game at Florida.

#1 seed is no longer an option. Something we all covet but we can still get #2 seed if we win out. A tall order to win all those road games left.

If we can't then we will be like last year with #4 seed and a brutally tough 2nd round matchup will be coming again.

Reactions: JoeBeeHall
Back to the drawing board maybe they will click but is very disheartening to lose at home to two blue blood teams. Cal needs make some adjustments and actually plan for the opponent

A key turning point in the game was with about 2:52 left the ball looked to go clearly off Kansas out of bounds down 3 but they gave them the ball and they ended up scoring on that possession.

Refs can't get every call right but that one clearly turned the game around.

Kentucky ran out with a big lead. Kansas made adjustments. Kentucky didn't respond to them.

Some of the young teams Cal has coached have arrived with the mentality to form into an unselfish, cohesive unit. They don't require a lot of coercion to make them meld into a team. Those teams make Cal look good.

This team doesn't have that and it's making Cal look bad.

This team needs to be coached *hard*.

Cal has done a horrible job with this team. Bragged about how good they will be on defense and this is the worst defense at UK since I don't know when. He just lets them play like they are on a playground and get schooled by coaches who can mix defenses up and slow us down. This is 2 straight years we have a team I just don't really like the make up of and they just aren't fun to watch. That is unless they play a team with a clueless coach and no talent.

Next year won't be any better with a bunch more young players and likely no outside shooting. Might be time to recruit a few less 5 stars and a few more 4 stars that will come back another year.

Reactions: Atrain7732
This group has jumped the shark. I am gonna post angry which I always try not to do. This is gonna be over the top but I am frustrated so f$&k off.

Monk and Fox reading too much of their own press clippings. Briscoe always only looking to get his for his stat sheet. May be the most frustrating player since Saul Smith for me personally. Bam hustles but has zero post moves and no discipline on defense. Hump has regressed since being at U.K--gives us nothing. Willis and Mulder have had their confidence eroded bc they are rarely ever allowed to play thru mistakes and they see Briscoe with the longest leash imaginable for no reason other than Cal trying to get him drafted. Even tho neither play and kind of defense, I would love to see Willis or Mulder over Briscoe every game. IDGAS what people say, I just think Briscoe is a selfish player. Always yelling at the refs and making excuses when he messes up. Doesn't seem to mind when they lose. Just irks me. Rant over. Sorry but I do feel better slightly.

I don't actually know what is true or what is not in that spiel. But, it is honestly the way I feel and I have to get it out. We have gone Downhill since UNC and it seems everything to do with effort and heart. Half these guys are out the door mentally and that has not happened before with Cal. Just don't know what to think.

ADVERTISEMENT