ADVERTISEMENT

********OFFICIAL GAME THREAD********

A piss poor offensive game to go with some bad charge/block luck killed us. With our defensive effort today, we win this easy if we performed up to our average offensive output. Oh well.

Please, God, no more guards who can't shoot. No more bigs who can't play. No more taking scholarships without evaluating what you're doing (lee).

No more, no more, no more.

Get a few hang around 4's that can play. Tweak the system, just a bit, and you will leave UK with 3 or 4 titles.
I honestly wonder if Cal will ever win another one. I wouldn't feel confident if he had Golden States roster.

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
Load them up and ship them out, bring in another crew. One game short of where I thought we could go but its been a good year. See you next year.
Good year my ass. It's been a sorry season the whole time. We beat Duke and won a sorry SEC title but that's it.

As for the guys leaving, where the hell is Marcus and Briscoe going? Europe? Neither could make the NBA or even the D league.

Reactions: Pulaski Cat Fan
Murray airball his last shot in a UK uniform.
I have no doubt you're a UK fan, that's obvious but I've viewed your posts on this site and Wildcat Nation and IMO you have got to be the most negative poster I've ever seen. You gave up on this team with 18 1/2 minutes to play. Yeah they lost BUT most of the times you're wrong. Grow a pair and watch the whole game before giving up on OUR CATS.

well we let them have it. talk about false sense for them. they are toast, but will live on this for 100 years through 12 uk titles. clappy for president.

thanks cbs for showing that non foul on poythress one more time. [thumb2]

Reactions: Bluest Member
I have no doubt you're a UK fan, that's obvious but I've viewed your posts on this site and Wildcat Nation and IMO you have got to be the most negative poster I've ever seen. You gave up on this team with 18 1/2 minutes to play. Yeah they lost BUT most of the times you're wrong. Grow a pair and watch the whole game before giving up on OUR CATS.

What exactly was I wrong about?

Cats lost, pathetic effort by a bunch of guys

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
We have one, Murray, probably two, Ulis. One had bad streaks the last few games and Ulis didn't play well to start with but ended up clutch.

But I'm pretty sure some of you should replace Cal.
I love Ulis as much as any UK player but neither he or Murray are once in a generation talents. Ulis is a once in a decade player here and Murray might be but honestly there are dozens of players in the NBA who can do everything Jamal does and do it better.

Look, we got outplayed today by a good Indiana team. It hurts, but it adds insult to injury when you look at the bracket as a whole and how screwed we got. Texas A&M not only gets a 3 seed, but they end up in the easiest region. Their path to the sweet sixteen goes through Northern Iowa? Fellow 4 seeds Duke and ISU only have to go through Yale and Little Rock respectively? Give me a break. Yeah I'm mad, yeah I'm salty, but that is just some BS.

The best, and an underseeded, 4 seed drawing the best, and an underseeded, 5 seed is just plain unfair for both sides. At the end of the day if you want to be the champ you got to play who is in front of you, and we didn't do that, but in a year where I didn't think this team could compete for a championship (just 0 frontcourt presence), making it to the sweet sixteen or even elite eight would have been meaningful.

So many offensive foul calls against us. Refs set tone first 25 min. But AP, Skal, Lee gave us abaolutely nothing. Murray had a far below acerage game. Only positives from this game were Ulis and Hawkins and one of them we wont have next year. Super sad we missed so many open shots.

When Lee couldnt even post Yogi i knew it was over.

If you read my post I specifically said "Yeah we lost" but you're always giving up on the Cats when we fall behind. Most of the times you're wrong. Maybe not today BUT you also posted that we'd lose by 12. Come on man, how is that not bailing on your team?

Reactions: jameslee32

I really wouldn't say pathetic effort by us. i think we were just outplayed. poythress & co. were nonexistent on offense. murray didn't get a lot of good looks or smooth shoots in transition, and when is the last time you saw him have two 3 pt shots blocked?

Hopefully Briscoe comes back and Lee goes to Hungary.
Normally I want all Frosh to return because they will be better but I hope Briscoe leaves. He's no different and no better than Dom plus Cal gives him big minutes which hurts us. That broke ass jumper ain't magically fixing itself over the summer.

It's their fault? Really? Maybe UK just didn't play well.

Yea, ya know, fans aren't a part of anything, as our internet message board fans like to say. Ya know, they say, "who's we".........etc...

Now it's the traveling fans fault. I went to Nashville, couldn't go to the tourney. But us "real fans" aren't a "real" part of this team according to 10% of this boards internet fans.

well we let them have it. talk about false sense for them. they are toast, but will live on this for 100 years through 12 uk titles. clappy for president.

thanks cbs for showing that non foul on poythress one more time. [thumb2]

I hope Kentucky never plays on CBS willingly again,sick to death of their biased Kentucky Hating POS announcers.Sick of hearing them beg to schedule IU all tourney o they can big $$$ of Kentucky's back.

Reactions: jameslee32
Maybe this young team needed a home-like environment to go far, that's all i'm saying.
I'm just frustrated at the moment.
I can agree with that but also Ulis was the only guy who wanted it at times it seemed. But they all made mistakes. It hurts because they didn't play as well as they can. Losing when playing at your best is something you can live with a little bit more.

Reactions: Bluest Member
I wish CBS and their Hack Biased POS Announcers would lose the Tourney to another Network,freaking seems like they have a monopoly and violate Anti-Trust Laws ,they force these set up brackets to screw Kentucky whom they hate and favor their ACC and Big East Lovers

I'm pretty sure that was my grand niece that is in the UK marching band they showed crying after the Crean interview. I hope she gets over it soon, she is a lot prettier when she isn't crying, almost didn't recognize her.

Tough loss, I think we should have won, but we didn't play our best game and they probably did. There isn't too much room for error in a one and done.

Next year, and I hope both Briscoe and Skai return next year, I think they made a lot of progress during the year and both could use it, They are TRUE FRESHMEN you know, some of our fans are really spoiled, I know you were all world as seniors but how were you as true freshmen?

I think a lot more people expect us to win it next year than did this year.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT