ADVERTISEMENT

OFFICIAL “TEXAS A&M @ KENTUCKY “ THREAD

A&M got really lucky. They left elite shooters open all game, those elite shooters missed more times than they probably ever will the rest of the season.
If CJ and Wallace hit like they should have, it's a 20 point win.

You know coming into the game, they were 348th in teams taking 3s vs them. Seems consistent with other Buzz Williams coached teams.

I now see why teams take a ton of threes against this team. They tend to leave people open from 3 all the time.

Reactions: kyjeff1
I want to compliment Calipari for keeping Wheeler out of the game, and for, basically, otherwise staying out of the way so that our players - clearly better players across the board - could win the game. We had no idea how to attack the 1-2-2 zone, but that's nothing new. Again, I compliment Calipari because we basically had the right players on the floor throughout the game.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Looking back at the Michigan State loss twice in the final seconds we were up 1 and Wallace was the one we got the ball to who got fouled this guy is a 57% FT how does Cal not get the ball to CJ who is 88% in at least 1 of those 2 situations. This is the part of coaching I hate more than anything you have to absolutely get the ball to your best FT shooter at end of the game and that cost us the MSU game.

Good win. Now figure out a way to integrate Wheeler into the game plan. He would be a nice addition to have playing well and within himself. and in my opinion go ahead and start Reeves. Get that good lineup as many minutes as possible.

You know coming into the game, they were 348th in teams taking 3s vs them. Seems consistent with other Buzz Williams coached teams.

I now see why teams take a ton of threes against this team. They tend to leave people open from 3 all the time.
Alabama is going to wreck aTm, you can't leave those guys open like that.

But then again, aTm plays a really weird physical style that takes you out of your rhythm.

I'm amazed how they play the way they do and nobody fouls out.

Looking back at the Michigan State loss twice in the final seconds we were up 1 and Wallace was the one we got the ball to who got fouled this guy is a 57% FT how does Cal not get the ball to CJ who is 88% in at least 1 of those 2 situations. This is the part of coaching I hate more than anything you have to absolutely get the ball to your best FT shooter at end of the game and that cost us the MSU game.
Horrible defense cost us that game too. 1 second and we give up 2 layups SMH.

Good win. Now figure out a way to integrate Wheeler into the game plan. He would be a nice addition to have playing well and within himself. and in my opinion go ahead and start Reeves. Get that good lineup as many minutes as possible.
Yep and start knocking down open looks. That’s the next thing that will take us to the next level.

I also find it amazing just how much this matters in a game.

You have UK, who under Cal just doesn't take a ton of threes. I think they said this was their most 3 point attempts since like 2011.

Obviously you expect defenses to dictate somewhat but the amount of threes we took today was pretty surprising lol

I was losing my shit during that. Like what is he doing?!!!

I love Wheeler but this isn’t his time.
I was talking earlier today about how I haven’t been getting upset during games or losses anymore, but I lost my streak today. It got to me a bit.

Reactions: dl51344
Well on a positive track but not back on our track. We derailed and it will take a lot more than that to get back to where we should be. Going to need a long winning streak.
So if we beat Vandy away and Kansas at home we’re not back on track? Unreal…

No. We are barely in the tournament right now. Two wins won't get us to a 1 seed. That's what we should be playing for right now. Not trying to save our tournament chances.
The delusion of some of our fans is real. Two more wins, coupled with the last 3 - including two top 5 teams absolutely gets us back on track. From there, who knows?

Reactions: bigblue_07
We’re getting their best shot win or lose, they have a lead on us in all time wins now, I want them to lose at everything they do.
I even want them to lose their girlfriends.

I'd always rather them lose lol
Of course I'd rather them have another loss. I just don't like playing teams coming off of losses. They will be playing out of their minds against us. If we hit our threes and don't get in foul trouble, we can win it.

I was talking earlier today about how I haven’t been getting upset during games or losses anymore, but I lost my streak today. It got to me a bit.
I said earlier the only time is when we act like we don’t care or play way horribly. That was doing it. You don’t go up 8 and dominate a team to go back to sucking ass. That pisses me off.

Reactions: kyjeff1
We have to go undefeated the rest of the way in SEC play to have our season back on track..... It really says a lot about some peoples minds that all it takes is 3 wins in a row to forget the 6 losses already

Reactions: KyCatFan
ADVERTISEMENT