ADVERTISEMENT

Of the 70,000 in Lucas Oil Stadium for the Semis Saturday night

KWilt43atbuzz

All-American
Nov 18, 2012
I can see 40-50,000 being Kentucky fans and here is one reason why.
Let's say State loses in the 1st game to Duke.
Well instead is sticking around for the 2nd game and a State less final, they will sale their tix to waiting UK fans in between games of the semis for big money and head back to Lansing.
Reasonable?

It will be more like 25k uk fans at the most. I was in Dallas last year, they had almost as many fans as we did. Also, mich St is close by, and Duke will bring at least 15k. Crowd will be hostile

Pretty depressing if that's the case. I'm flying from Charleston and I am getting in that damn arena/stadium/whatever it is. I am by no means rich but this undefeated chance comes along once in a lifetime. I hope BBN shows up better than some estimates in the arena.

There will be WAY more fans in Indy than there was in Houston. Trust me on that. Is closer and most already bought tickets because we expected to be here (unlike last year).
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by C8TS:
There will be WAY more fans in Indy than there was in Houston. Trust me on that. Is closer and most already bought tickets because we expected to be here (unlike last year).
Preach it C. Last yr was way down South in Houston with a 10 loss team that no one expected to be there.
This yr UK is 38-0, and the Four is a stones throw from Ky.
Its going to be amazing !!!

It doesn't really matter. For these events SO many of the seats go to corporate donors, rich people, etc. I'd say 20% of the entire seating, right off the bat, is reserved for people who may not be a fan of any of the teams that are playing. It's impossible to dominate the Final Four. We will have the most fans of any of the 4 teams, but it won't be that much more than anyone and with 20-25% being "neutral" it will barely be noticeable.

Originally posted by KWilt43atbuzz:

Originally posted by C8TS:
Preach it C. Last yr was way down South in Houston with a 10 loss team that no one expected to be there.
This yr UK is 38-0, and the Four is a stones throw from Ky.
Its going to be amazing !!!
Not that it matters, but the Final Four last year was in Dallas, not Houston. However, it will be in Houston next year I believe. I was in Dallas last year for my one and only trip to a Final Four. Had a great time. There were quite a few Wisconsin fans, but we still outnumbered them by quite a bit.

Something tells me the number of 25% is going to be way, way low.

Of tickets sold so far, 31 percent have come from the state of Kentucky; followed by 24 percent in Indiana; 14 percent from Michigan, and 13 percent from Wisconsin. Just five percent of ticket sales have come from North Carolina.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2015/04/01/3778995_uk-basketball-notes-cat-fans-driving.html?rh=1#storylink=cpy

Well instead is sticking around for the 2nd game and a State less final, they will sale their tix to waiting UK fans in between games of the semis for big money and head back to Lansing.
Reasonable?
My question is why would you leave the Final Four especially when history is in the making?

Reasonable?
Spot on. No one can compare last year to this year. Kentucky is doing something historical. I was at the Atlanta Airport yesterday and it was filled with UK fans heading to Indy. Kentucky will have at least 2/3's of the fans there, if not more.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is being too conservative.

About 30,000 of them will be able to watch the game, without having to use the big screen monitors.
3dsmile.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT