ADVERTISEMENT

Of Course Bennie's Not in Top 50

That's right, Dork! About time he gets 150+ yards in our win over UF they will see the error of their ways. Gators will be asking for the number of that truck.

I believe Snell will have a great year, maybe not the yardage because of a lot more help, but a much better YPC with our OL and more weapons.

Benny is a great player, as been posted multiple times he is a top 5 back heading into his jr year for the draft. The deal with this list is that it just isn't ranking QB, RB and WR, but all positions. There are alot of great football players in the country at positions other than those 3. I agree there are some head scratchers on the list including one from UGA, but I don't think it's a slam against Benny, just a lot of good players around the country.

The biggest knock I've seen (which @Grumpyolddawg refers to) is that his per-play production took a step back last season, likely a consequence of Boom not being there as a change of pace ... not to mention just fewer carries.

He had a pretty weird year. Not all that good in the first seven games (4.1 ypg) and then outstanding in the final five (6.5 ypg) ... when the team as a whole was kind of going in the opposite direction...

To be fair two points:
1. UK schedule was far easier first half of 2017 vs. last half of 2017...
2. The high correlation for Benny was in my opinion Drake Jackson took the Center spot in the Mizzou game...
...I'm wagering we'll see a more consistent rushing attack in 2018 due to pretty stable OL and especially at the Center spot.

Or it could have been that Benny suffered some cracked ribs and played through it. When they healed his ypc went back to normal or above.

Once again, I love Benny is not on this list. He loves that chip on his shoulder.

I know he is ready to prove there are not 10 RBs better than he in college football.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT