According to KSR

1 Rob Calabrese - Jets QB Coach
2 Liam Coen- Rams OC
3 Brian Hartline - Ohio State Wr’s COACH & Passing game coordinator
4 Kevin Johns- Duke OC
5 Brian Johnson Philadelphia Eagles QB Coach
6 Dan Mullen
7 Brennan Marion Texas Wr’s Coach & passing game coordinator

Hartline isn't plausible and mullen is awful. That's two gone.

Coen would be great but unlikely. Three gone.

The college guys are all a brand new scheme and I don't think that's the direction we're going. Plus Marion is a wr coach and we need a QB coach.

Imo but here is the real list:

1) coen
2) calbrese
3) woody

If we can pull off the miracle and get coen, great. If we have to turn over the reigns to woody, it's uncertain (plus we'll need a QB coach).

If it's calabrese, we should make stoops pay him out of his own salary.

Isn't the story that Stoops looked hard at Calabrese earlier this yr, was just talking to Scangarello as background character interview. But then was shocked that Scan indicated he himself was interested in the UK OC spot.

All should go back & read the things Stoops & Vince said about getting Scan in February. Just another example of you just don't know what you get when real live rounds are being fired.

I remember reading that when Coen took the Rams job that he went "above and beyond" with helping Stoops find his replacement. I was always under the assumption that Coen recommended Scang or basically signed-off on his hiring. It was supposed to be an easy transition scheme-wise although it didn't turn out that way. Then again, Andy Reid or Sean Payton could've been the OC and wouldn't have fared much better with our O-line play.

Last edited:
I remember reading that when Coen took the Rams job that he went "above and beyond" with helping Stoops find his replacement. I was always under the assumption that Coen recommended Scang or basically signed-off on his hiring. It was supposed to be an easy transition scheme-wise although it didn't turn out that way. Then again, Andy Reid or Sean Payton could've been the OC and wouldn't have faired much better with our O-line play.

Based on what little oozed out so far, sound like the split isn't solely related to on the field performance. Sounds like it was either philosophical or personality as well

Reactions: K86
"Liam Coen's wife hates Lexington, couldn't wait to leave, would never come back" is entering legendary rumor level of "Pitino's wife hates Lexington, she can't wait for him to take an NBA job in a big city" those of us old enough lived with almost daily in the 90's.

"Liam Coen's wife hates Lexington, couldn't wait to leave, would never come back" is entering legendary rumor level of "Pitino's wife hates Lexington, she can't wait for him to take an NBA job in a big city" those of us old enough lived with almost daily in the 90's.
If Coen comes back we should open a "Bravo, Coen" restaurant.

As I understand it, Coen's wife stayed in LA last year and did not move to Lexington. Hard to see Liam taking a job at UK unless he wants a separation.
Saw them out at dinner a couple times during the season, have a hard time believing this.

Hartline isn't plausible and mullen is awful. That's two gone.

Coen would be great but unlikely. Three gone.

The college guys are all a brand new scheme and I don't think that's the direction we're going. Plus Marion is a wr coach and we need a QB coach.

Imo but here is the real list:

1) coen
2) calbrese
3) woody

If we can pull off the miracle and get coen, great. If we have to turn over the reigns to woody, it's uncertain (plus we'll need a QB coach).

If it's calabrese, we should make stoops pay him out of his own salary.
Maybe TC would be willing to help out.

ADVERTISEMENT