According to KSR

1 Rob Calabrese - Jets QB Coach
2 Liam Coen- Rams OC
3 Brian Hartline - Ohio State Wr’s COACH & Passing game coordinator
4 Kevin Johns- Duke OC
5 Brian Johnson Philadelphia Eagles QB Coach
6 Dan Mullen
7 Brennan Marion Texas Wr’s Coach & passing game coordinator

I'm not again going to be a smart ass from Iowa to suggest Brian Ferentz (ooppss, just did). :)

By the way, growing speculation Iowa might be making a move there.

Good luck to UK on the coaching moves Stoops is making.

Now make sure you get a dedicated Special Teams coach.

#6 Mullen. He's got a proven track record of offensive success. But, IIRC, wasn't one of the biggest knocks against him his last two years at Florida was that he basically quit recruiting? Like he lost the energy needed to recruit?

Outside of Coen I really like what I read on Johnson from Philly

I don't know much about the guy from Duke or the one at Texas, but all the other names look like a good list of candidates.

I really hope we can get Liam Coen back though. We know he can do the job.

#6 Mullen. He's got a proven track record of offensive success. But, IIRC, wasn't one of the biggest knocks against him his last two years at Florida was that he basically quit recruiting? Like he lost the energy needed to recruit?

Mullen would likely been a great OC for a healthy WL. He isn't the same without that big strong running QB.

Reactions: childe
I'd like to get an OC that would be here for 3-4 years minimum. For
that reason I like 3 or 7 on the list.

Aren't the Jets absolutely woeful on offense? Has the kid from BYU who just lost his job improved at all?

Think the TX guy, the Eagles guy (my personal favorite if he can recruit) or the Duke guy.

No Mullen. Don't think Coen will come back.

I am shocked that I don't see any names from Cats Illustrated on that list.
Hmmmmm
According to KSR

2 Liam Coen- Rams OC
4 Kevin Johns- Duke OC
6 Dan Mullen
7 Brennan Marion Texas Wr’s Coach & passing game coordinator. 8. Blueaz OL coach Boulder Creek High school

• Love
Reactions: Bereacat420
According to KSR

2 Liam Coen- Rams OC
4 Kevin Johns- Duke OC
6 Dan Mullen
7 Brennan Marion Texas Wr’s Coach & passing game coordinator
Coen because he will already know the boundaries and the don't score too fast rule.

As I understand it, Coen's wife stayed in LA last year and did not move to Lexington. Hard to see Liam taking a job at UK unless he wants a separation.
Seen a post shared of their baby from Dec of 21. She told how she moved across country got married and had a baby. The post read like she loved living here. Other have said they met her dad and he said she loved Lexington. Not saying they're coming back but maybe there's a chance

Coen ain't coming back,unless the Rams are about to fire him, just not happening. Wisn we could lure TCUs OC I also like the guy at Oklahoma. I hope we don't go for a pro guy, if they have success they will do what Coen did and go right back to the pros. Whoever we get I hope it is somebody whose O SCORES TOUCHDOWNS

Reactions: bigbluedon
Brian Johnson interviewed for the Auburn head coaching job and has already been an OC at Florida. He's not coming here. He'll get a head coaching gig in college or an NFL OC job as soon as the Eagles season ends.

Calabrese's name popped up last year when Coen left. I don't think he'd be in a hurry to leave NY since the Jets are actually in playoff contention. On the other hand, Coen could leave Los Angeles tonight and no one would bat an eye. That team is cooked this year and is looking at a long rebuild. McVay will be leaving for a broadcasting job the day after the regular season ends.

Reactions: EliteBlue
That's a non starter IMO, he won't be on the list.
He was criticized for lack of recruiting effort. One thing I read about him is he always thinks he's the smartest guy in the room and that probably only works when you're the head man.

He was criticized for lack of recruiting effort. One thing I read about him is he always thinks he's the smartest guy in the room and that probably only works when you're the head man.
Exactly why I think it's a non starter. I don't think Stoops would even entertain that thought. He knows Mullen, he isn't going to hire a guy that tries to run the team from the OC spot.

Reactions: thepip
Brian Johnson interviewed for the Auburn head coaching job and has already been an OC at Florida. He's not coming here. He'll get a head coaching gig in college or an NFL OC job as soon as the Eagles season ends.

Calabrese's name popped up last year when Coen left. I don't think he'd be in a hurry to leave NY since the Jets are actually in playoff contention. On the other hand, Coen could leave Los Angeles tonight and no one would bat an eye. That team is cooked this year and is looking at a long rebuild. McVay will be leaving for a broadcasting job the day after the regular season ends.
The Jets guy would be ironic considering their QB1 has had to answer post game questions about “did the offense let the defense down”. But I have a feeling that’s who it’ll be

Just FYI. Don't think these are ranked 1-7 as to preference or probability

They are alphabetical.

Calabrese actually replaced Scangarello as OC at Wagner (an FCS) school when Scan was hired by the Niners. Calabrese was the RB coach under Scan there. Sorry if this has already been pointed out

Calabrese actually replaced Scangarello as OC at Wagner (an FCS) school when Scan was hired by the Niners. Calabrese was the RB coach under Scan there. Sorry if this has already been pointed out
Then I’ll double down on my “hope it’s not him”. Even tho I have a feeling it will be.

What about the Jets offense makes anyone think he’d be any different? And he’s tied tk scans tree?? I’ll pass.

That hire would feel a lot like the Scan hire felt to me last year. Every stop in the NFL he’s been at had a subpar offense/major offensive issues or a QB controversy.

Reactions: CrimsonCats
How was the baby born in Lexington but the mom not be here?
Bruh. Get with the times.

FKSVaZoXEAMVSHS.jpg:large

Isn't the story that Stoops looked hard at Calabrese earlier this yr, was just talking to Scangarello as background character interview. But then was shocked that Scan indicated he himself was interested in the UK OC spot.

All should go back & read the things Stoops & Vince said about getting Scan in February. Just another example of you just don't know what you get when real live rounds are being fired.

Isn't the story that Stoops looked hard at Calabrese earlier this yr, was just talking to Scangarello as background character interview. But then was shocked that Scan indicated he himself was interested in the UK OC spot.

All should go back & read the things Stoops & Vince said about getting Scan in February. Just another example of you just don't know what you get when real live rounds are being fired.
That's exactly what I recall.

Reactions: JHB4UK
ADVERTISEMENT