ADVERTISEMENT

Oats Signs Extension With Alabama

CrimsonCats

Blue Chip Prospect
Mar 22, 2022
https://www.si.com/college/alabama/...ats-extended-through-2028-29-season-blackwell

He’s been a hot name mentioned frequently in association with the Texas job as well as topping several of our wish lists here should Cal need to be replaced soon. Looks like Bama decided to open up the pocketbook before anyone could try to lure him away as this deal makes him one of the 10 highest paid coaches in college basketball and also includes a substantial buyout to be paid by a school that hires him should he still try to leave in the next couple of years. Seems like a good deal for both sides.

Reactions: CaptainBoogerBuns
Top 10 coaches, eh?

Couple of years is all they signed him to with regards to a buyout?

Kentucky could knock out both of those quite easily, and I can damn well guarantee you if Oats continues this run in the next two years, and Cal leaves, Oats won't say no to:

1) Being the TOP ONE paid coach.
2) Being the HEAD COACH at the best basketball school in America.

There are only a few schools in the USA (very few) that can get any young college coach they want when they come calling, and in no particular order:

Kentucky
UNC
KU
Puke

That's it. There are no other schools that could count themselves as a pinnacle, ultimate coaching move. These are the Top 4 spots I think young coaches strive to get to. If any of them come calling, that coach is going to go so fast he won't even have time to change gear.

Top 10 coaches, eh?

Couple of years is all they signed him to with regards to a buyout?

Kentucky could knock out both of those quite easily, and I can damn well guarantee you if Oats continues this run in the next two years, and Cal leaves, Oats won't say no to:

1) Being the TOP ONE paid coach.
2) Being the HEAD COACH at the best basketball school in America.

There are only a few schools in the USA (very few) that can get any young college coach they want when they come calling, and in no particular order:

Kentucky
UNC
KU
Puke

That's it. There are no other schools that could count themselves as a pinnacle, ultimate coaching move. These are the Top 4 spots I think young coaches strive to get to. If any of them come calling, that coach is going to go so fast he won't even have time to change gear.

I disagree. It’s possible Oats would think the job isn’t worth the stress. It’s not as glamorous job that you think it is here.

They are paying him top 10 and he's never been past a SW16 in his career and has only even made it that far once? Good Lord!

I agree Cal sucks, but at least he has made it past a SW16.

We are stuck with the fat loser.

Why do people feel the need to disparage someone's weight?

I'm sure some of you are some are on the heavier side too and as much as I want calipari to move on he's won at life way more than any of us.

This deal means nothing. If Oats wants UK I'm a couple of years and its mutual he comes in a flash.

Cal is a better coach anyway.

ValuableShortAustrianpinscher-max-1mb.gif

Id say Flubby and Clyde not to be confused with Bonnie and Clyde, messed UK up way worse than Cal ever could!!!!
BCG yes. Tubby? No. Lol.

Tubby NEVER missed a tourney man. Yes his recruiting sucked his last couple of years, and he didn’t want to court the AAU circuit. That’s why he moved on, at least to a smaller school with less pressure.

Cal has missed two tourneys legitimately. And has not won a piece of hardware in nearly four years. That’s not good. At all.

Reactions: struggler
https://www.si.com/college/alabama/...ats-extended-through-2028-29-season-blackwell

He’s been a hot name mentioned frequently in association with the Texas job as well as topping several of our wish lists here should Cal need to be replaced soon. Looks like Bama decided to open up the pocketbook before anyone could try to lure him away as this deal makes him one of the 10 highest paid coaches in college basketball and also includes a substantial buyout to be paid by a school that hires him should he still try to leave in the next couple of years. Seems like a good deal for both sides.
Only five million a year!

Reactions: kywildcat41086
I like Nate Oats but seems like people forget that Cal beat his ass down in the tourney when he was at Buffalo.

Nate Oats gets an extension and the thread turns in to arguing about fatties. This board has gone straight to shit.
Cal is the crux of every thread. We must make everything about cal. Everything. That’s how topics get off the rails.

Thread topic: Nate oats gets extension
Poster response: Cal is fat.

This is the board.

Oats is a good coach, but he has lost 39 games in 4 years at Alabama, 14 last year. Alabama is always loaded with talent, but being consistent every year has been tough for any of their recent coaches. Things can change fast, I'm not ready to crown him as the greatest coach in the game right now. Oklahoma proved they can be beaten and they still have some tough road games ahead. Memhpis, Miss. State and UNC* gave them all the wanted and UCONN beat them bad like Oklahoma did.

Reactions: WildcatsAndBourbon
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT