ADVERTISEMENT

Oats Signs Extension With Alabama

"At Buffalo" is the key
That Buffalo team was good. They had just blown out Ayton and Arizona the game before and we dominated. Oats has a good chance to make a deep run this year, but he hasn’t done jack in March to this point.

• Haha
Reactions: Cawood86
That Buffalo team was good. They had just blown out Ayton and Arizona the game before and we dominated. Oats has a good chance to make a deep run this year, but he hasn’t done jack in March to this point.
My goodness, stretch Armstrong didn't stretch that far.

Whatever it takes to prop up Cal I reckon.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Most good coaches have those separation clauses. Gotta add that to the price tag of pulling in a new one. Likely another 5 - 10 mill at least. So total replacement cost is what upwards of 60 - 75 mill give or take? Figuring buy out, incoming coach separation, new salary, replacement player NILs.

Didn’t someone say this was his last year?

Money!! It’s a hit…,

My goodness, stretch Armstrong didn't stretch that far.

Whatever it takes to prop up Cal I reckon.
Not a stretch. That was a solid Buffalo team. I’ve shit on Cal all season and the past few. What has Oats done in March?

https://www.si.com/college/alabama/...ats-extended-through-2028-29-season-blackwell

He’s been a hot name mentioned frequently in association with the Texas job as well as topping several of our wish lists here should Cal need to be replaced soon. Looks like Bama decided to open up the pocketbook before anyone could try to lure him away as this deal makes him one of the 10 highest paid coaches in college basketball and also includes a substantial buyout to be paid by a school that hires him should he still try to leave in the next couple of years. Seems like a good deal for both sides.
I applaud them for rescuing him before it's too late.

They are paying him top 10 and he's never been past a SW16 in his career and has only even made it that far once? Good Lord!

I agree Cal sucks, but at least he has made it past a SW16.
Similar to our Stoops deal. His pay is not representative of him winning at a clip to warrant it at Bama/Georgia/ etc., but this is UK FB. Same situation.

ADVERTISEMENT