ADVERTISEMENT

Not sure what Johnson is doing??

Sounds like he wants UNC if he can get Pitt to change their mind about him having to sit out a year.

I guarantee that the NCAA will change the rule to allow him to transfer to UNC, and they'll justify it by saying he's a graduate transfer and the "no transferring within the conference" rule only applies to undergraduates (this would be the test case of that line of argument as far as I'm aware, and NCAA has repeatedly shown that it doesn't follow precedent anyway so it probably wouldn't matter if one's been set or not).

As of right now I don't feel like either one of Diallo or Johnson will be a Cat next season. We're going to enter the season with 3 true guards, and we'll need them all to stay healthy.

Reactions: Mashburned
He will wait on Hamidou Diallo's Decision since Rawle Alkins is staying at Arizona and UNC is blocked. So, if Diallo stays in the NBA draft you would think Cam Johnson would transfer to Kentucky.

After that article, if Pitt gave in now it would look like Stallings did a favor for his friend. Also, I doubt the AD at Pitt would be pleased.

After that article, if Pitt gave in now it would look like Stallings did a favor for his friend. Also, I doubt the AD at Pitt would be pleased.

Can’t blame the kid for preferring UNC. The cupboard is bare there on the wing. They’ve got Felton coming in at combo guard, but no one remotely close enough to make up for Jackson’s loss. Johnson could play 30+ minutes there and be a top 2 scoring option. At UK, he’s the 4th or 5th scoring option, even without Diallo.

That said, I don’t Pitt releasing him to a conference foe, just so he can plaster Pitt’s face all over the court with the defending national champion twice a year.

Reactions: Pluto is a Planet
Honest question
Is he really this good?
This is a lot of handwringing by a lot of big programs.
I can't remember a grad transfer ever getting thus much attention.

Honest question
Is he really this good?
This is a lot of handwringing by a lot of big programs.
I can't remember a grad transfer ever getting thus much attention.

The kid is really good. Probably not good enough to warrant this kind of attention, but it is late, and all the big programs who have scholarships left are going to try to get in on this kid, as he would provide an immediate impact player, who is experienced. He is getting a lot more attention from programs who have holes to fill at the wing positions. It is why Cal hasn't pushed extremely hard for him yet. If Diallo returns, there isn't such a need for him, but without Diallo, there is a big need for him.

I think we are third on his list. If he wants to go to UNC so bad, then I really don't care if he becomes a cat or not. Let him go.

The kid is really good. Probably not good enough to warrant this kind of attention, but it is late, and all the big programs who have scholarships left are going to try to get in on this kid, as he would provide an immediate impact player, who is experienced. He is getting a lot more attention from programs who have holes to fill at the wing positions. It is why Cal hasn't pushed extremely hard for him yet. If Diallo returns, there isn't such a need for him, but without Diallo, there is a big need for him.
Can you remember a Grad transfer "holding out" for playing time with so many big programs?
IIF he is so good... he should have at least tested the draft waters, while school searching; and find out exactly where his improvement is needed.
But maybe, that would expose flaws and he ends up back at BC...
If HD goes and Johnson comes here and doesn't do well... the meltdown by some will be insane, and not justified.
IMO, too much is being made of his possible impact.

Obviously, I hope I'm wrong...if chooses Uk

I think we are third on his list. If he wants to go to UNC so bad, then I really don't care if he becomes a cat or not. Let him go.

Does he really have an offer from Cal?

Can you remember a Grad transfer "holding out" for playing time with so many big programs?
IIF he is so good... he should have at least tested the draft waters, while school searching; and find out exactly where his improvement is needed.
But maybe, that would expose flaws and he ends up back at BC...
If HD goes and Johnson comes here and doesn't do well... the meltdown by some will be insane, and not justified.
IMO, too much is being made of his possible impact.

Obviously, I hope I'm wrong...if chooses Uk

I do agree with this. I think people who are wanting him so bad are dreaming of a guy like Justin Jackson, but I don't think he is at that level yet. What is funny about it is that the people who want him more than Diallo, want him because they think he will be here for 2 years. If he is in the Justin Jackson mold, he won't be here 2 years. If he is more in the Mulder mold, he will be here 2 years, and fan will complain.

I do agree with this. I think people who are wanting him so bad are dreaming of a guy like Justin Jackson, but I don't think he is at that level yet. What is funny about it is that the people who want him more than Diallo, want him because they think he will be here for 2 years. If he is in the Justin Jackson mold, he won't be here 2 years. If he is more in the Mulder mold, he will be here 2 years, and fan will complain.
It's like, you read my mind...
Do you have espn?

He said he has "high interest" in UNC.

Maybe that means UNC is where he wants to be. Or maybe it means he wants to have the option to go to UNC but still also has high interest in other schools.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT