ADVERTISEMENT

UT lands Huntley-Hatfield

Also they picked up this dude the other day.

But yeah UT isn’t doing anything worth a damn...choke Scum.

If I could buy Tennessee basketball stock for what it is worth, and sell it for what their fans think it is worth, I'd be a very rich man.

Here's my summary I came up with once when talking to a Vol about the difference in the programs. And it still works years later:

In 2010, Kentucky lost in the Elite Eight and it was a disappointing defeat, though the next year UK was in the Final Four and in two years won a Championship.

In 2010, Tennessee lost in the Elite Eight also -- and it was and remains the greatest year in the program's history.

Last edited:

He looked like a must have for UNCheat.
UT getting Justin Powell, Aidoo and H-H ain't bad. That said, they've still never made it to a Final Four.

Tennessee had two lottery picks this year and were a 5 seed. They had a team for the ages with Grant Williams and blew it.

They may whip our ass - Barnes kind of owns Cal at the moment - but I can’t get behind the UT hype train.
Kentucky has blown like four or five 7+ point leads in the past 5 years. If not for that, this stupid “Barnes owns Cal” narrative would be dead.

He would have been a Cat a long time ago if we wanted him. For some reason, I thought he committed some where awhile back. Haven’t heard his name in a while.

ut-joke.jpg

He would have been a Cat a long time ago if we wanted him. For some reason, I thought he committed some where awhile back. Haven’t heard his name in a while.
I heard on a podcast a few months back that his trainer was pushing UT hard

Tennessee had two lottery picks this year and were a 5 seed. They had a team for the ages with Grant Williams and blew it.

They may whip our ass - Barnes kind of owns Cal at the moment - but I can’t get behind the UT hype train.

Is there really a hype train tho? They’re simply better than us right now and overall in a better position and a program.

If I could buy Tennessee basketball stock for what it is worth, and sell it for what their fans think it is worth, I'd be a very rich man.

Here's my summary I came up with once when talking to a Vol, and it still works years later:

In 2010, Kentucky lost in the Elite Eight and it was a disappointing defeat, though the next year UK was in the Final Four and in two years won a Championship.

In 2010, Tennessee lost in the Elite Eight also -- and it was and remains the greatest year in the program's history.

Uhh lol? What does that have to do with the OP?

I mean I get it but this makes absolutely no sense in regards to the topic at hand. None.

Reactions: ok-cats-computer
Tennessee is going to finish with the #2 class in 2021. All this talk and no one mentions Kennedy Chandler, the #1 PG. Plus Tennessee returns Jordan-James, Vescovi, possibly Fulkerson, and Victor Bailey. And AU transfer Jordan Powell.

Chandler
Aidoo
Huntley-Hatfield
Mashack
JJJ
Vescovi
Bailey
Powell
Fulkerson (?)

All while replacing their entire coaching staff other than Barnes.

Reactions: Huntnfish1
I wonder if it was the Maze connection or something else? This went from hot to cold extremely fast if I recall.

Reactions: Smashcat
I wonder if it was the Maze connection or something else? This went from hot to cold extremely fast if I recall.
He wanted to sit in on a in home visit or phone call between Cal and the player. Same thing Hardaway pulled and Cal wasn’t having none of that this time.

Sweet 16 team.

Reactions: BassProCat
Tennessee is going to finish with the #2 class in 2021. All this talk and no one mentions Kennedy Chandler, the #1 PG. Plus Tennessee returns Jordan-James, Vescovi, possibly Fulkerson, and Victor Bailey. And AU transfer Jordan Powell.

Chandler
Aidoo
Huntley-Hatfield
Mashack
JJJ
Vescovi
Bailey
Powell
Fulkerson (?)

All while replacing their entire coaching staff other than Barnes.
Thats a good haul but I look at Powell, who everybody thought would go to UK, but UK won't offer and he winds up at UT. And I look at H-H, who UK offered early, and then suddenly UK went in a different direction and he goes to UT. And I ask myself why. You can criticize for Cal for some misses, but in virtually every case where UK quickly stopped recruiting a guy, or avoided a kid who fans thought UK should recruit, something shady was going down.

Reactions: TM2013
Kentucky has blown like four or five 7+ point leads in the past 5 years. If not for that, this stupid “Barnes owns Cal” narrative would be dead.

Agree. I loved the dub this year and that one at their place last season.

Shady stuff goes on in every major recruitment in college basketball. That's the way it is.

Tennessee still needs a slasher but has done a great job of flipping the roster after last year's mess of a team.

It'll actually bring size to the party next year, which it hasn't had since Grant and Kyle Alexander left.

Reactions: Huntnfish1
Thats a good haul but I look at Powell, who everybody thought would go to UK, but UK won't offer and he winds up at UT. And I look at H-H, who UK offered early, and then suddenly UK went in a different direction and he goes to UT. And I ask myself why. You can criticize for Cal for some misses, but in virtually every case where UK quickly stopped recruiting a guy, or avoided a kid who fans thought UK should recruit, something shady was going down.
"Something shady"
"everybody thought would go to UK"
"UK went in a different direction"
"UK won't offer"

This message board is the only place that any of these things are said.

Reactions: AlamoVol
ADVERTISEMENT