ADVERTISEMENT

Not necessary UK related. But what do you think is/are the most unbreakable records in sports?

Wilt's record of 20,000 women will stand for all eternity.

dont-give-up.jpg

Cy Young's 511 wins is the first thing that I thought of. Aside from Bartolo Colo (237) and CC Sabathia (232), no active pitcher even has 200. Lacky (186) and Verlander (181) are the closest.

Young's record of 749 complete games is also untouchable. A pitcher would have to average 25 complete games over 30 seasons to get to 750.

Cy Young's 511 wins is the first thing that I thought of. Aside from Bartolo Colo (237) and CC Sabathia (232), no active pitcher even has 200. Lacky (186) and Verlander (181) are the closest.

Young's record of 749 complete games is also untouchable. A pitcher would have to average 25 complete games over 30 seasons to get to 750.

Add Cal Ripken's consecutive game record and I think it's a good list.

Reactions: J_Dee
Cy Young's 511 will never be beaten until we get robot arms. Same with Cal Ripken - there's just a different view of wear and tear and it's not going back.

Pete Rose's record would be broken this year or so if Ichiro had played in the US 4-5 years earlier. So while not likely, it's plausible.

I'm sure at some point the Laker's win streak gets broken. Heck the Warriors did 28 recently, and that's in spitting distance.

Favre's 321 consecutive starts seems pretty difficult to break.

NFL:
The game would have to go back to being a run focused league for anyone to approach any of Barry Sanders' records. 14 consecutive 100-yard games, five straight seasons with 1,500+ yards.
Brett Favre's consecutive games played for a QB has a good chance of sticking around for a while. Not only did the guy play well past his prime, he led his team in 24 playoff games during his career.

MLB:
DiMaggio's 56 game hit streak. Can't see that being broken. Too easy for even the best guys in the league to have an 0-4 day.
Ripken's 2,632 games played. Guys sit out, pull hamstrings running to first, throw their back out sneezing (lookin at you, Sammy Sosa!). They don't make many like Cal Ripken.
Like many have said, no one will touch Cy Young's total wins count.
One that is not as well known is Cincinnati Red pitcher, Johnny Vander Meer threw consecutive no hitters in 1938. It's almost been tied once, hard to believe it'll ever be broken.

NCAAB:
Wooden's UCLA 88-game win streak. That's UK going back to back 40-0 and then some....I know it was during a different era and under significantly different circumstances but damn, still impressive.

Reactions: KY Long Rifle
IMO, the most unbreakable record in all of sports is Ted Williams batting .406 in a season. That record will never, ever be broken.

Reactions: blubo
Most delusional fans. Most criminals under one roof. Most immoral coaches.Most strippers in one dorm. Everyone else is just playing catch up.- UofL.

Last edited:
Here's a few more MLB records that could be hard to beat.

Nolan Ryan's 7 no-hitters
Rickey Henderson's 130 steals in a single season
Hack Wilson's 191 rbi's in a season
Chief Wilson's 36 triples in a season

Reactions: blubo
IMO, the most unbreakable record in all of sports is Ted Williams batting .406 in a season. That record will never, ever be broken.
Actually that was the last time anyone hit .400 or better in a season. Hugh Duffy hit .440 in the 1894 season, but from 1920-present, Rogers Hornsby has the highest single season at .424.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
Hate to say it, but ucla's tainted national title run should be added to the list.

Actually that was the last time anyone hit .400 or better in a season. Hugh Duffy hit .440 in the 1894 season, but from 1920-present, Rogers Hornsby has the highest single season at .424.
Thanks for the correction. Still, that is the record that will never be broken.

Myself I would say baseball pitching great Cy Young & his 511 career wins will never be touched. A pitcher today could win 25 games a year for 20 years in a row & still not catch Young.
Fernando Tatiste (sp?) hit 2 grand slams in the same inning off the same pitcher! Doubt that ever happens again!

Last edited:
Hack Wilson 191 RBI in a season will last longer than any other baseball record. No one has come within 20 of it in 80 years.

ADVERTISEMENT