ADVERTISEMENT

Not many comments here on the officiating.

They called a lot of fouls on Kansas. Can’t complain that they didn’t call more.

What was the old Pitino saying about, play rough they can’t call them all?
That was because they had no other way to stop Oscar once he got the ball down low.

But not only was it not a Home-whistle, if anything I would say it was a Road-team-whistle, at least slightly (55-45). There were like 3 obvious travels by KU not called. The Wilson-Toppin nearly identical block-charge calls. Livingston was getting mugged on his drives. Reeves poked in the eye on one 3, and hit across the arms on another 3. And others.

Reactions: bigbluedon
I think other than the standard "Oscar getting mauled without a call" that happens every game the officials weren't as bad as they have been in other games. I just don't get how a reigning POY can get such horrible treatment from refs. Almost every time he touches the ball 2-3 guys are hacking and slapping and then they called a touch and 1 foul on him.
Yes, that does happen EVERY game. And I don't get it either. It's not like he is a POS guy that the refs hate.

Calipari keeps saying that "face blocking out" is illegal...or at least he thinks it is. I can't find anything on whether it is or not. I know I've seen it in the NBA.

If it's a legal block-out in cbb, then Calipari should keep quiet about it. Maybe the bennies can help out with the rule. Is it illegal or no?

At what point do you address it in a post game and take the fine? (Not saying the Kansas game was that bad, I've seen much worse.) Or does that make it much worse on us? Not that it could be much worse.

Reactions: rupp876
Calipari keeps saying that "face blocking out" is illegal...or at least he thinks it is. I can't find anything on whether it is or not. I know I've seen it in the NBA.

If it's a legal block-out in cbb, then Calipari should keep quiet about it. Maybe the bennies can help out with the rule. Is it illegal or no?
Maybe Cal thinks screening and picking your opponent is illegal???

He sure coaches that way.

Cal needs to be more concerned with figuring out what has happened to Oscar this year.

Oscar is not playing with the energy, enthusiasm, and pure joy that he played with last year.

Is it NIL?
Is it Cal's coaching?
Is it a lack of team chemistry?

Something is very off with this team and I think it starts with Oscar and Cal.

Cal needs to stop blaming fans, refs, his own players, opposing players, the media, Stoops, Basketball Bennies, and everything but looking inward in an effort to fix HIS mess.

Last edited:
When I turned the game on and saw Pat Adams who is in my opinion the worst official in the game today by a wide margin, I just shook my head and said that’s the best a game like this gets .

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
There are no comments because we clunked 12 FTs.
For sure that was one of the determining factors-good call. When we missed our first 5 I thought here we go-again.
Lots of complaints about losing to a very good Kansas team, but short memories on our blast out of the #4 team eew T. Can't win em all.

ADVERTISEMENT