ADVERTISEMENT

North Carolina Scandal Etc

Jon agree 100% that it's much larger and goes up higher than Nyangoro and Crawford. If the NCAA could have gotten them to cooperate though do you think we'd have seen a much different NOA?

Sylvia Hatchell is going to be skewered and take the fall even though the whole mess never even started with her program and other sports programs were benefitting from the situation.

Unreal.
I hope she sues the NCAA.

Reactions: Mark Gastineau
Agree concerning Aligned for 9. (Have no opinion concerning Manilishi).

In hindsight it's now clear that UNC and the NCAA have been in negotiations this whole time they've been 'waiting for the amended NOA'.

The leaks coming from the UNC side were so different than what was coming from elsewhere, that something definitely was off.

For example when Roy Williams stated publicly and was telling recruits that UNC basketball would not be charged, I concluded that either 1.) he was a flat out liar or 2.) that UNC and the NCAA were colluding and had already agreed to reduce the charges. It has to be one or the other. Both are very bad, but I wasn't sure which one was correct.

Then you have Mark Emmert making some extremely cryptic and strange claims during the Final 4 which seemed to indicate that the NCAA was not guiding their own ship.

Now we know that the fix was in, and frankly it probably has been in ever since the very beginning. Remember the very 1st thing the NCAA did when this 'investigation' started was to send Marcus Wilson, who was a NCAA staffer but also former UNC football player and booster, to Chapel Hill ahead of anybody else. What his purpose was and what he did, no one has ever explained, except to say that he wasn't a member of the investigative team.

So what's the next stage? At this point the NCAA (rightly) itself comes under fire, including potentially by lawsuits and congressional hearings into it's very purpose along with its claim to deserve not-for-profit tax classification. This move by the NCAA not to pursue strong sanctions for UNC's systematic crimes will not help them in defending themselves, and will pose a very real hurdle which could mean their very existence.

As I mentioned numerous times, this scandal will NOT go away. The NCAA might have washed their hands of it in terms of men's basketball and football, but information will continue to leak and continue to eat away at whatever integrity the University still thinks it has. There's just too much corruption oozing out of there, to go along with an administration that is clearly not interested in cleaning house, that scandals will continue for many years.

I surely hope you're right for the sake of the true student athlete

I'm telling you, this has opened the doors for the rest of the colleges in the country to cheat, cheat and cheat as much as possible.

I'm telling you, this has opened the doors for the rest of the colleges in the country to cheat, cheat and cheat as much as possible.
I know what you are saying, and one would think that should work, but the NCAA would just turn around and slap another program to the ground, demolishing it in the process for doing the exact same thing as UNC.

I have zero confidence in the NCAA ever being fair and just.

I still had some faith that the NCAA would do the right thing because of the enormity of this scandal. It was just unfathomable that anyone...even UNCheat could escape, at the very least, without a slap on the wrist.

Are other schools admins afraid to speak up about this for fear of the NCAA's wrath?

I have totally no faith in the NCAA now and I hope the slimeballs burn in Hell with their selective prosecution. I'm at the point of saying, "if you can't beat em, join em."

There should be a protest march in Indy in front of the NCAA HQ's. Burn it down....I wouldn't give a damn!

I still had some faith that the NCAA would do the right thing because of the enormity of this scandal. It was just unfathomable that anyone...even UNCheat could escape, at the very least, without a slap on the wrist.

Are other schools admins afraid to speak up about this for fear of the NCAA's wrath?

I have totally no faith in the NCAA now and I hope the slimeballs burn in Hell with their selective prosecution. I'm at the point of saying, "if you can't beat em, join em."

There should be a protest march in Indy in front of the NCAA HQ's. Burn it down....I wouldn't give a damn!
A protest march should be the first step,letters of protest should be next,followed by boycotts of NCAA events and a call for Congressional investigations of the NCAA.While we are at it let's look into Pell grant activity at UNC over the past 20 or so years and see who in which classes show up there. If it is an academic issue then comb thru the academic and financial records to find out what might be lurking there.

In point of fact I guess it is time for fans of college basketball and other schools to move on from this but I can't help but wonder if I will ever look at a college basketball game the same way(I guess I'll wait till November to find out)sure I'll be as big a Cat fan as ever but (not to be too dramatic) the NCAAT probably got less important for me.The way this played out is a big deal,it is a sad day for college sports,there are too many schools to name that should be mad as hell at UNC and the NCAA

Last edited:
Sylvia will get a shit ton of taxpayer money as a pension and run off. Dick Baddour, the AD who was in charge when all this started, has the biggest pension in the entire state.

And no, UNC got away with it. But not everyone would.

Reactions: jamo0001

If various athletic departments (especially those who have been treated unjustly compared to UNC) aren't going to file any kind of formal complaint, it looks like it is left up to the fan bases to voice their displeasure. Maybe some kind of well-written (paging Jon Scott [winking]) formal petition/letter that could be signed by fans from all over the country?

Just a thought. :smiley:

The NCAA and its member institutions recognize what went on and with this NOA they show they don't care. Emmert is a figure head who does their bidding. He and the NCAA are a firewall to absorb criticism of the membership. Again the NCAA's member institutions' silence on this failure illustrates exactly where they stand. This was all about power and this group has shown theirs to us.

The NCAA membership has no integrity or shame.

I will never understand how an organization such as the NCAA which is made up of primarily publicly funded institutions can be private. This lends the organization the ability to hide their dirty laundry from freedom of information act requests which means they can do anything they want with out public scrutiny even though our tax dollars go to fund a large percentage of their membership.

Reactions: treyforuk
Just when you think you’ve “seen it all”, something comes along and basically resets the whole view. 2 weeks ago I was 80/20 that UNC would get hammered/skate. After Monday that ratio has been revised to 10/90. The reason for the 10 is that the final accounting hasn’t occurred yet so I still hold out hope that at least some semblance of justice will be served.

Like everyone else, I was shocked to see the wording of the ANOA, specifically the deletion of the impermissible benefits and men’s football and basketball. And like everyone else I’m fully aware that the corrupt NCAA can, and will, do seemingly whatever it wants with minimal repercussions. But people can’t “unsee” what was in the original NOA, so it’s hard to imagine that the NCAA will be able to ultimately duck any explanation as to why the ANOA is worded so differently/softly.

I still want to see what the final punishments will be to men’s basketball and football. It has been speculated that the omission of the impermissible benefits and the men’s BB and FB references could be because months ago UNC requested those charges go to a summary judgement, where as I understand it UNC can negotiate a punishment with the COI what the punishment. If that happened then those charges would be omitted from the ANOA. So if that is the case then BB & FB should still see some type of sanctions. Pessimistically though, that takes this aspect of the scandal out of the public eye and would most certainly seem to set the stage for a wrist slap. No way any banners are coming down. Anything short of that, IMO, is a wrist slap.

Props to Preacherfan for his manalishi doubts, he expressed them to me in a thread probably about a year ago and at other various times in other threads. I’ll admit I bought into it pretty much hook line and sinker, along with the other packpride insiders. I’m still not convinced that they didn’t have some inside knowledge, but their guarantees that the ANOA would be crushing were obviously, and totally, erroneous. So I was snookered once again. If anybody has a bridge to sell, let me know, I may be interested. Side note - I was close to jumping in the car and driving thru western and northern Fayette County about 10 years ago thinking I may see Billy D and his wife out with a real estate agent looking at horse farms! LOL!

As for Af9, I think his “sources” were direct lines to the packpride insiders. That’s purely my speculation, he/she can speak for themselves if they chose to do so.

I’m still going to wait (foolishly perhaps) until final punishments on UNC are levied. No doubt it appears that the fix is in, and the NCAA is ready to withstand whatever backlash they may (or may not) receive. If it has all blown away a year from now, then the ultimate blame will rest with the university presidents that control the NCAA organization. Although deplorable, athletics departments have, do, and will continue to cheat the system in order to “win”. We know that as well as anybody else. But when caught, there is a price that must/should be paid. We’ve paid ours in the past, haven’t we? If a new precedence is about to be set, then college sports is no better than professional wrestling. Maybe it has been for a long, long time and we are just now seeing the undeniable and irrefutable proof of it.

Wouldn't it be nice if every P5 team outside of the ACC refused to play UNC in any out of conference game? Would seriously complicate their tournament chances every year. Sadly, just a pipe dream.

Reactions: Supreme Lord Z

Why won't schools speak up? It's all about money and fear.......of losing money.

i predicted early and often that unc would skate.....unfortunately, i was seduced by manalishi's fluent scribe that seemed to indicate he/she knew someone on the inside......i loved reading about all the wonderful things i had hoped would happen to the holes, but became a bit suspicious after he claimed knowledge of firings coming up that never happend.

I was just a sucker for all the wonderful stuff RCC was running.......excellent troll level: JEDI.

I'm not fat, i'm just big bones....

Last edited:
Someone should ask Eli Capiluto and Mitch Barnhart why they would schedule UNC after this garbage. Most of the local media would lob a softball their way with no follow up questions. I think media members would fear losing their premium access to players and coaches. I can imagine the carefully crafted non responses already so it probably wouldn't matter. Just conjecture...

i predicted early and often that unc would skate.....unfortunately, i was seduced by manalishi's fluent scribe that seemed to indicate he/she knew someone on the inside......i loved reading about all the wonderful things i had hoped would happen to the hole, but became a bit suspicious after he claimed knowledge of firings coming up that never happend..

That guy just kept making me think he was a fraud. His posts were cryptic and could be interpreted different ways. He kept alluding to secret missions around the world and when he threatened to quit posting because some were doubting him, I felt like he had nothing to offer.

Reactions: Bkocats
Manlishi with his "exotic animal" and a "military helicopter taking him to Indianapolis" horseshit and they were eating that crap up over there on PP. Boy are they humiliated.

Reactions: TexKat
One question, do you all still want to tell me how dumb I am? Seems to me that I was right all along about the classes...and...oh...yeah...sorry, one more. Who remembers me saying NO GAMES VACATED? But, by all means, keep believing those "insiders". Later haters.

giphy.gif
All stinking UNC****** fans need to be banned immediately from here, especially this turd. No UNC*** fan should ever be allowed to post here, ever.

Last edited:
they have already lost more than UNC will
it is going to be epic when/if they get hit harder
Yes they have,even though it is UL we're talking about I find no joy or comfort in what may happen to the basketball program.The NCAA's 'action' with respect to the UNC situation has rendered anything else the NCAA does (or doesn't do) to any other school for any violation a miscarriage of justice or rule application.

The NCAA has destroyed part of very heart of college athletics with the UNC ruling,it can't be restored and will never be the same again. I have nothing but ill will for the organization (NCAA) and hope that it falls or is brought down by this incident.

Pro baseball never recovered from the players strike,maybe the NCAA will suffer the same fate because of UNC. The NCAAT was once a great product I hope it loses prestige and value in the coming years. I will always be a Cat fan but winning a NCAAT title will be less important now than before.The NCAA can take their titles,selective enforcement and corrupt bureaucracy and go straight to hell

I hope Mitch can find the balls to tell UNC we will never play you unless it is forced upon us. Like Doc said, the NCAA has shredded the mystic of the tourney. I will always watch the Cats play, but that is the only game I will watch unless the NCAA hits UNC with something. A NCAA title has lost it's meaning, because ALL schools are NOT treated equally, and therefore have less of a chance. All those schools that took post season bans and scholly reductions have been pissed on and cheated. The NCAA enforcement cowards can all go straight to hell.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
And YES, give all those tarholes the ban, just like Mike and that village idiot, Heelbent did to other schools fans. They can all sit around in their little circle jerk CLUSTER and jerk each other off.

Saw this on twitter, got a chuckle.

RedandWhite4Life ‏@glasswolf54 3h3 hours ago
Just read on PP that next year unccheats new mascot will be OJ riding a Lance Armstrong bike giving everyone the bird.
#Gotawaywithit

Reactions: jrpross
I will always be a Cat fan but winning a NCAAT title will be less important now than before.

I agreed with nearly your whole post except for the above. UK winning the NCAAT will mean everything to me, because we have to fight the establishment, we aren't given shit, not even what is our due. Winning it against odds stacked against us proves our greatness even more

but I'm not biased or anything

Oh hell yes lets not jump to any conclusions!! lets wait till they bring out the cake and ice cream for those CHEATING SOB'S before we do that !!

Reactions: IdaCat
I agreed with nearly your whole post except for the above. UK winning the NCAAT will mean everything to me, because we have to fight the establishment, we aren't given shit, not even what is our due. Winning it against odds stacked against us proves our greatness even more

but I'm not biased or anything
If we are able to win it all most certainly it will be with the odds stacked against us.I want us to win every game we play,if we are playing in the NC game I hope we win for the sake of winning and to stick it to the NCAA.I guess what I am saying is that the NCAAT championship has lost some of its' value for me as a college basketball fan.

and you are no more bias than me:)

If we are able to win it all most certainly it will be with the odds stacked against us.I want us to win every game we play,if we are playing in the NC game I hope we win for the sake of winning and to stick it to the NCAA.I guess what I am saying is that the NCAAT championship has lost some of its' value for me as a college basketball fan.

and you are no more bias than me:)
[cheers]

It's probably time to take a step back and re-evaluate our priorities. College sports have devolved into a corrupt, bloated, advertising driven cabal led by self interested east coast elitists. They are re-writing history as we speak and will suffer no shame in their efforts to suppress the heelgate imbroglio.

College Basketball is truly a dying sport. Emmert is the raging butt gerbil who is pouring gasoline on the fire.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
It's probably time to take a step back and re-evaluate our priorities. College sports have devolved into a corrupt, bloated, advertising driven cabal led by self interested east coast elitists. They are re-writing history as we speak and will suffer no shame in their efforts to suppress the heelgate imbroglio.

College Basketball is truly a dying sport. Emmert is the raging butt gerbil who is pouring gasoline on the fire.
I must disagree:
1- Corruption And bias isn't a new development.
2- College basketball is not dying.

I must disagree:
1- Corruption And bias isn't a new development.
2- College basketball is not dying.
1. There is certainly an argument that corruption and bias are reaching a crescendo.

2. The ratings for this year's NCAA tourney contradict your assessment.

1. There is certainly an argument that corruption and bias are reaching a crescendo.

2. The ratings for this year's NCAA tourney contradict your assessment.
Ratings go up and down from year to year depending on the teams involved. I think 2015 the ratings were high. This year not so much. As for an argument that corruption and bias are reaching a crescendo, I think that argument could be and probably has been made in other eras as well.

But by and large I do feel some of what you say empirically but hard to measure it in real data analysis.

ADVERTISEMENT