ADVERTISEMENT

No wonder Boston beat the 76ers, Ben Simmons is as soft as can be

I wouldn't say equally possible or anywhere near that. We have decades of evidence of what I said, even among "legendary" competitors like Michael Jordan. You have to take your lumps.

The Sixers took some of their lumps. If the management goes in the right direction and everyone stays healthy, they'll go a bit deeper next year, lose again, and then be one move away from being a real contender. They're about a year ahead of schedule, and that's with Fultz's bizarre injury situation.

None of their performance is an indictment on Ben Simmons. He led that team as a rookie this year and the respected vets fell in line. That doesn't happen if you're Austin Rivers.
I tend to think he's an intolerable, whiny, entitled brat, but he's a decent player. We'll see how he is next season.

Reactions: kev69
He won’t win.

Meh...he might but I'd tend to agree with not built on him. He might one day be a high end role player/3rd option like a Lamar Odom and contribute to but not "lead" a championship team.

He maybe even has a light turn on himself and becomes a true 2nd option, I don't see the offense being there to be a true 1 on a champion.
The talent there is considerable though, I find it difficult to fully rule him out.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
Guess you can bash for his time at LSU but, we don't know what was going on down there. Those of you bashing Simmons now are doing it just to do it. Outside of his shot, there isn't anything not to like about his game. He is a solid defensive player, a pass first PG, who sees the floor as well as anybody in the league, rebounds, and gets to the rim at will. Guy is stoic...if he showed more emotion, those of you who don't like him would complain about that. There were plenty of you saying he would be a bust and still comparing him to Lamar Odom...that's not gonna happen. Enjoy the show and appreciate the talent.

Last edited:
Reactions: shaudyshaud
So the sixers go from the worst team, draft Simon's and the next year are 3 wins short of the eastern conference semifinals. He had a bad series vs Boston but over all he is a huge talent

Well the Sixers had a healthy Embiid all year and they added J.J. Redick, and later got back Irsan Ilyasova who they should never have traded, and added Marco Belinelli. It wasn't just Simmons who took them from 28 to 52 wins. But he was a huge part of it. It's hard to overstate how bad they were last year when TJ McConnell was their starting point guard.

Simmons needs to quit fading away from the basket. Solve that, he'll solve his shooting woes.

A steady diet of fade-away jump shots is no way to eat in the NBA.

He's going to be around a long time. What he did as an 18-19 year old in college doesn't matter. Whether any of us like his personality is irrelevant.
He'll mature. He's a good rebounder(18th in the league), sees the floor extremely well, and is already one of the better defenders in the league.

15 points, 8 rebounds, and 8 assists a game isn't something that indicates a short career. Also, you should do some deeper digging on his stats. What they expect him to do, he does and he does it all pretty well except shoot the 3 ball.

Reactions: dvillecatfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT