ADVERTISEMENT

No more Papa John's

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Papa Johns pizza is only good wen they make it correctly. Most of the time it’s wildly inconsistent (half the pizza pan style thick the other half thin as paper

2. The average papa johns pizza is gloopy and ruins its chance.

3. They have a problem of over saucing the sht out of their pizza. Can lead to bad indigestion.

Compared to other pizzas, it’s trash most of the time. Chain pizza blows, gas station pizza is killing it anyway.

Am I the only person who doesn't dislike Papa John's pizza? I mean it's hardly great pizza, but it's at least edible. XD

Somerset needs another good pizza place. We've got Mellow Mushroom, Mr. D's, Donatos, and Mill Springs out in Nancy, but that's about it as far as I know. I've heard Swoody's is good, I'm going to have to try it.

No more Mr Gattis in Somerset???

Yes it is. Just like Miss Black America Pageant when several Miss Americas have been black. The BET. There would be riots in this country if there was a Caucasian Entertainment Network.

LOL...99% of the rest of tv is basically WET.

This whole situation with Papa John is being politically driven. Man has made some enemies by taking a stance on many things at UL and not just the NFL.

Papa John made some statements about health care, the American flag that some disagree with and the new norm is to bash that person till they break.
The use of the "N" word is wrong. Period. Out of respect for others, the use of the word should be stopped.

Doesn't matter that Papa John did not call anyone the "N" word, it only matters that they have something to use against him.
What is just as wrong is this country allowing the creation of two vocabulary's by its people. One for Blacks and one for Whites.
Blacks can call each other "My N***a" all day long and its OK. Eddie Murphy, Rickard Pryor, Kevin Hart and others can fill an auditorium of Black and White people who laugh their ass off all the while these men say the "N" word in every sentence.

I have a couple of Black who work for me, great guys, hard workers, but I had to stop them from calling each other "N" all the time. WE had some good conversations on this and the only thing I can get from them why its OK for them to say the word and not for me or any other White person is "its different when you Whites say the word then when we say it. It has a different meaning."
I to this day cannot accept that answer from them or anyone else.

UL has a professor name Ricky Jones who writes a column for the Courier Journal and each week says some of the most awful things about White people. Calls Whites all kinds of names. Does he get called out? No.
Last week Fox News' Tucker Carlson called him out saying he was a racist.
We have a serious double standard in this country that is dividing people more than ever.

Doesn't matter to me what they call their football stadium; but the treatment this man is getting has gone too far.

I hope one of the strip clubs a few blocks away from the football field buys the rights and calls the place "Godfathers Cardinal Sin Football Stadium" and let all whores, strippers in for a $1.
UL football players jumping on the Papa John bandwagon but say nothing about their teammates shooting each other at a party or killing a cheerleader with drugs in their dorms.

Just a first class university and classy student-athletes as well.

No more Mr Gattis in Somerset???

As a kid (in the '80s), I loved Gatti's, but nowadays it's probably my least favorite pizza ever (well, next to Snappy Tomato). I still wind up there a few times a year, though, though because my sister's kids like it. =)

1. Papa Johns pizza is only good wen they make it correctly. Most of the time it’s wildly inconsistent (half the pizza pan style thick the other half thin as paper

3. They have a problem of over saucing the sht out of their pizza. Can lead to bad indigestion.

Compared to other pizzas, it’s trash most of the time. Chain pizza blows, gas station pizza is killing it anyway.

Explain gas station pizza to me please.

Reactions: CatGotMyTongue
Exactly haha, something like 70-75% of tv and film actors are white. Obviously most major media companies will cater to the majority to maximize their audience. Which makes sense for a single channel like BET to cater to a minority that may be under represented otherwise.

THANK YOU.

This really isn't hard to understand.

Total witch hunt.

He was just giving examples of how insanely reactive the media was now, and all he said was, “Colonel Sanders said {exact quote from Colonel Sanders} and no one minded but (~things are different now).”

And he said it in private phone call with a marketing agency.

For that millions of self-righteous, self-entitled hate mongers are gleefully destroying his legacy and making the streets echo with rumors of Schattner’s supposedly evil heart.

But this will come back to bite every single one of these hate-mongers in the rear. It is exactly another case of what the Nazi’s did.

“First they came for John Schattner — and I did not speak out, because Schattner was a racist”

Will become,

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

Reactions: littlecreek
Godfathers, Casey’s, there’s some in Nashville that are off the chain, pardon the pun.

Ah. Is Godfathers the normal Godfathers pizza (Herman Cain) from back in the day? I think we have one here in Louisville but its not at a gas station. Casey's is not one I am familiar with.

Hunt Brothers? That is one I'd associate with gas stations.

Total witch hunt.

He was just giving examples of how insanely reactive the media was now, and all he said was, “Colonel Sanders said {exact quote from Colonel Sanders} and no one minded but (~things are different now).”

And he said it in private phone call with a marketing agency.

For that millions of self-righteous, self-entitled hate mongers are gleefully destroying his legacy and making the streets echo with rumors of Schattner’s supposedly evil heart.

But this will come back to bite every single one of these hate-mongers in the rear. It is exactly another case of what the Nazi’s did.

“First they came for John Schattner — and I did not speak out, because Schattner was a racist”

Will become,

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

There's been a lot of silliness surrounding this, but this might be the silliest. First, again is the notion that a business call with a PR firm about crisis management is a "private" phone call. How is a call with a dozen different people, half of whom are third party, a private call? I've seen this repeated numerous times. It's almost like there are scores of people who have never been on one of these calls.

Second, it doesn't matter if he was directly quoting Colonel Sanders. He could have done that without saying the word. Saying that word at work is the HEIGHT of stupidity.

Lastly, this is not Kristallnacht. Get a hold of yourself.

And BTW, I'm not sure bleeding heart moron like KS or FCUSA. To me this is common sense, and anybody who would do what Papa John did deserves what comes next.

There's been a lot of silliness surrounding this, but this might be the silliest. First, again is the notion that a business call with a PR firm about crisis management is a "private" phone call. How is a call with a dozen different people, half of whom are third party, a private call? I've seen this repeated numerous times. It's almost like there are scores of people who have never been on one of these calls.

Second, it doesn't matter if he was directly quoting Colonel Sanders. He could have done that without saying the word. Saying that word at work is the HEIGHT of stupidity.

And BTW, I'm not sure bleeding heart moron like KS or FCUSA. To me this is common sense, and anybody who would do what Papa John did deserves what comes next.
Well said, self-righteous hate monger.

I mean except for the part where you thought Martin Niemöller was talking about Kristallnacht in that lecture and you overlooked the fact that PR calls are necessarily private being prime targets of corporate espionage and except for pretty much every thing else you tried to pass off as a fact. But on the self-righteous hate mongering part:

10/10

Last edited:
Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Am I the only one thinking PJ's corp. is going to sue the hell out of U of L for arbitrarily deciding to rip up a multi-million dollar naming rights contract, because a Spokesperson said the N-word? Perhaps there is some moral clause in the contract allowing this?

Btw, as I'm reading this thread I am getting down on reheated $10 Little Sleazer's Ultimate Supreme, and it ain't half bad, ya picky haters.

Well said, self-righteous hate monger.

I mean except for the part where you thought Martin Niemöller was talking about Kristallnacht in that lecture and you overlooked the fact that PR calls are necessarily private being prime targets of corporate espionage and except for pretty much every thing else you tried to pass off as a fact. But on the self-righteous hate mongering part:

10/10

Good response. I hope you walk the walk and shout the word on the next conference call you're on.

Reactions: BlueSince92

I understand where you are coming from, but cannot understand why you think the 'punishment" fits the crime here.
Was it a stupid thing to do? You bet.
For me, one mistake in judgement does not make one a racist nor does it wipe out a life time of good deeds.
It just seems we allow some all the leeway in the world while others like Papa John are allowed none.

Two weeks ago in Louisville, 5 teenagers got their sentence for killing a disabled man. They snapped the mans neck, broke his ribs and beat the hell out of him. Their sentence for this crime was house arrest, six months and they have this never again on their record.
This man makes a mistake of the tongue and loses millions of dollars, his seat on a college board (it meant something to him and thats all that matters), his job, his reputation and ripping his name down from everything good he did to earn it there.

I am highly offended, as well as many others that UL professor Ricky Jones has been writing about White people in this country. What he has been saying is 100% racist but our thoughts and feelings don't matter to those in power. Why then should someone who hears this man say one word, get offended, and cause him to lose all this?
Is it because he has money and is in a position of power?

The media has searched for someone to come forward and say they heard him in the past say racist things. No a single person has come forward to say they have heard this man say anything like this ever.

This is a witch hunt like never seen before.
Again, I say why are there two sets of vocabulary being allowed in this country if the "N" word is so wrong for Blacks to hear when I hear them call each other this everyday?

Ah. Is Godfathers the normal Godfathers pizza (Herman Cain) from back in the day? I think we have one here in Louisville but its not at a gas station. Casey's is not one I am familiar with.

Hunt Brothers? That is one I'd associate with gas stations.

I’m not sure. They have them at gas stations in Tn but it’s pretty much the same as the others I’ve been to.

Casey’s is so damn fire...man.
They seem to rate really high.

Hunt brothers is kind of ok. Not like Casey’s. Their taco pizza is super fire.

I understand where you are coming from, but cannot understand why you think the 'punishment" fits the crime here.
Was it a stupid thing to do? You bet.
For me, one mistake in judgement does not make one a racist nor does it wipe out a life time of good deeds.
It just seems we allow some all the leeway in the world while others like Papa John are allowed none.

Two weeks ago in Louisville, 5 teenagers got their sentence for killing a disabled man. They snapped the mans neck, broke his ribs and beat the hell out of him. Their sentence for this crime was house arrest, six months and they have this never again on their record.
This man makes a mistake of the tongue and loses millions of dollars, his seat on a college board (it meant something to him and thats all that matters), his job, his reputation and ripping his name down from everything good he did to earn it there.

I am highly offended, as well as many others that UL professor Ricky Jones has been writing about White people in this country. What he has been saying is 100% racist but our thoughts and feelings don't matter to those in power. Why then should someone who hears this man say one word, get offended, and cause him to lose all this?
Is it because he has money and is in a position of power?

The media has searched for someone to come forward and say they heard him in the past say racist things. No a single person has come forward to say they have heard this man say anything like this ever.

This is a witch hunt like never seen before.
Again, I say why are there two sets of vocabulary being allowed in this country if the "N" word is so wrong for Blacks to hear when I hear them call each other this everyday?

I also understand where you're coming from, and I don't pretend to have all the answers. What I will say is that this is not a matter of crime and punishment. He didn't commit a crime. He's the face/founder of a business that he ceded majority control of a long time ago. The power he ceded came back to bite him.

That 5 teenagers in Louisville did something heinous and justice was not served has no bearing on that. That a tenured professor goes off at the mouth about wypipo has not bearing on that (anti-white tenured professors go no where until donors withhold support).

I can, with some degree of certainty answer one of your questions though: Yes, it is about money and power.

When you've got a successful business, you are a target. Business owners get sued more. They get regulated by the government more. They have a bulls eye on their back. That's a standard all its own, not a double standard. You have to know better when you're in his position.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot

Hell of a thing to say but the gas station pizza around he is better than chain store pizza

Reactions: morgousky
This whole situation with Papa John is being politically driven. Man has made some enemies by taking a stance on many things at UL and not just the NFL.

Papa John made some statements about health care, the American flag that some disagree with and the new norm is to bash that person till they break.
The use of the "N" word is wrong. Period. Out of respect for others, the use of the word should be stopped.

Doesn't matter that Papa John did not call anyone the "N" word, it only matters that they have something to use against him.
What is just as wrong is this country allowing the creation of two vocabulary's by its people. One for Blacks and one for Whites.
Blacks can call each other "My N***a" all day long and its OK. Eddie Murphy, Rickard Pryor, Kevin Hart and others can fill an auditorium of Black and White people who laugh their ass off all the while these men say the "N" word in every sentence.

I have a couple of Black who work for me, great guys, hard workers, but I had to stop them from calling each other "N" all the time. WE had some good conversations on this and the only thing I can get from them why its OK for them to say the word and not for me or any other White person is "its different when you Whites say the word then when we say it. It has a different meaning."
I to this day cannot accept that answer from them or anyone else.

UL has a professor name Ricky Jones who writes a column for the Courier Journal and each week says some of the most awful things about White people. Calls Whites all kinds of names. Does he get called out? No.
Last week Fox News' Tucker Carlson called him out saying he was a racist.
We have a serious double standard in this country that is dividing people more than ever.

Doesn't matter to me what they call their football stadium; but the treatment this man is getting has gone too far.

I hope one of the strip clubs a few blocks away from the football field buys the rights and calls the place "Godfathers Cardinal Sin Football Stadium" and let all whores, strippers in for a $1.
UL football players jumping on the Papa John bandwagon but say nothing about their teammates shooting each other at a party or killing a cheerleader with drugs in their dorms.

Just a first class university and classy student-athletes as well.

Bro...trashing UofL is always fun.

But all that other stuff you typed?

Good grief. Who hurt you? Oh and I love how you put the "hard workers" bit in there too. LMAO!!! Did you assume they might....NOT be "hard workers?"

Godfathers, Casey’s, there’s some in Nashville that are off the chain, pardon the pun.

Nice pun, but please point me toward the gas station pizza I should be eating in Nashville.

Joey's is the best I've had here. I guess 5 Points will do in a pinch. Not enough sauce for my liking though.

I'm no pizza snob, trust me. It just never occurred to me that I should be eating pizza sold at convenience stores in middle TN.

Not a big fan of chain pizza here, either. On the few occasions I do have chain pizza, I go with Little Caesars just because it's the cheapest. It's hard to beat 5 dollars (or around $5.50 including tax) if I'm choosing between pizza options where I consider all the options to be about the same.

SWEET JESUS, bro!!!

If you only want to spend $5 for dinner, why in the hell are you spending it on any chain pizza, let alone Little F*cking Caesars?

Again, this is coming from a dude who doesn't ride the high horse when it comes to pizza. This thread is insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT