ADVERTISEMENT

No More Fan Days?

sluggercatfan

All-American
Aug 17, 2004
After reading the article about what Alabama and Okla qbs are planning on making from endorsements and autographs that you can kiss fan day events good bye.

Yep heard rumblings of this not long ago. The players won’t want to sit at a desk for 3 hours and give out free autographs at fan day when they could make money signing autographs somewhere else. Also wonder if it would be in their contract with their endorsement company that they can’t give autographs at events not set up by the company.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Partially don't blame them when they first got taken advantage by the memorbilia sales folks.

Gone are the days of getting Sam Bowie's autograph on the back of a Keeneland tote ticket.

Reactions: The-Hack
Partially don't blame them when they first got taken advantage by the memorbilia sales folks.

Gone are the days of getting Sam Bowie's autograph on the back of a Keeneland tote ticket.
Sure...so a little kid that wants a poster full of autographs of his favorite team to hang on his bedroom wall is meaningless. Pitiful!

Yep heard rumblings of this not long ago. The players won’t want to sit at a desk for 3 hours and give out free autographs at fan day when they could make money signing autographs somewhere else. Also wonder if it would be in their contract with their endorsement company that they can’t give autographs at events not set up by the company.
They dont sit for three hrs.

Reactions: LASTUKMGR69
I'm going to remain hopeful that most players are willing to set aside money for the benefit of fans, at least sometimes. What a sad world we would have if players were charging kids for an autograph all the time. The thought is sickening.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
I'm going to remain hopeful that most players are willing to set aside money for the benefit of fans, at least sometimes. What a sad world we would have if players were charging kids for an autograph all the time. The thought is sickening.
Prepare to be sick...I'd like to believe like you as well, but any time money becomes involved that goes away quickly.

Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
If they are signing UK posters, jerseys, photographs....they likely couldn't take money.
That would violate the school's NIL policy regarding trademark.
So I would guess they could sign em without pay.
If they want to.

Reactions: LASTUKMGR69
If they are signing UK posters, jerseys, photographs....they likely couldn't take money.
If they want to.
'If they want to"...OK

I am sure every team will have players willing to sign autographs for kids, Jordan Davis has said he hasnt looked into endorsement end, hasnt said he will sign autographs either, but like everyone else I am sure we have some who wont sign a free autograph for anyone.

If they want to.
I would guess a lot of them will have "managers" that wouldn't allow a lot of freebies

Wouldn't surprise me if it ends up getting canceled altogether before the 7th gets here.
Buddy heard from his contact at the athletic dept today and he said that they had to wait to see what they were going to be allowed to do, and this was it. I'm satisified as long as we aren't required to wear our bagdge of obedience mask outside.

They are having it, but no autograph session, which was a given.
The whole point of Fan Day but I understand since it would be a difference of money players will get. A lot of people will go to the stars of the team and the walk-ons would be left out.

Newspaper says no autographs “to protect health and safety of players” 😁..I thought they may use the Covid excuse instead of “now that they are getting paid for autographs, they ain’t gonna give you a free one”. But they say they are gonna pack the house full at Rupp with fans..do they not care about health and safety of fans?…I’m thinking $ makes the world go round 😁.

The university is now requiring masks on campus. Does anyone know if this applies to Fan Day as well? It seems too last minute to get the word out unless they're giving them away.

Please let's not argue whether it's right or wrong, I just want to know if we need to bring them tomorrow.

The university is now requiring masks on campus. Does anyone know if this applies to Fan Day as well? It seems too last minute to get the word out unless they're giving them away.

Please let's not argue whether it's right or wrong, I just want to know if we need to bring them tomorrow.
Stick it in your pocket then you'll have it if you need it.

Reactions: TIE543
ADVERTISEMENT