ADVERTISEMENT

No chatter for Immanuel?

Quickley is awesome, and I have him penciled in as the starting PG right now. He is a tenacious defender (just as good as Hagans) has great size (much longer and bouncier than Quade), shoots the ball well at all levels, runs the offense smoothly for a freshman PG in August, and doesn’t infuriatingly pick up his dribble for no reason (looking at you, Hagans).

All of our guards have their strengths, but IQ strikes me as the most complete point guard on the roster at this moment.

I'm fine with any of the 3 running the offense...they all look good.

A Quade/Baker/Herro/Keldon/Richards Lineup will be the ultimate shooting lineup...plus Nick can add the rim protection to makeup for the size.

I've been high on Quickley since he committed to UK. People forgot about him since he was such an early commit. Then everyone got excited about Hagans. I think he is the most complete PG on the roster, and I'm a huge fan of Quade Green. He has a maturity and calmness to his game that I really like, and I'm sure Cal does too.

Reactions: awf and Jazzycat
mature game. seems to be fine playing as a facilitator, doesnt force the issue, plays under control. good glue guy.

if he can stuff the stat sheet with 6-8 points, 3-5 assists, 4-6 boards, good defense....thats not bad as long as other guys do their thing

Reactions: Catzman
It is starting to be clear that even more so than other Cal teams we need to get away from the concept of "starting five." Nine, maybe ten, guys can play at a STARTER'S LEVEL, and would start for all but maybe 5-10 teams in the country. Cal is going to use that depth to grind teams down, but also the way NBA coaches do to exploit match-ups. Some games Travis might get 32 minutes, other games 17, and not because he's in a slump or dinged, just because of the way the match-ups work. Same with Richards, and with all the guards.

He is my current vote for starting point guard. Best mix of both sides of the ball it seems to me, at least as of today.

Reactions: Catzman
Quickley, Green, Herro and Johnson all could make a strong argument with being one of the 3 starters at the 1-3 position. Herro's on fire, Quickley's consistent and Green's shown leadership while Johnson is all over the place inside and out. We have 7, maybe 8 starters with only 5 spots to go around. Luckily it doesn't really matter, but Nicks offense has me thinking he should start at the 5.

• Quickley’s on ball D will get all the playing time he can handle from Cal, nobody else brings that like him at the position right now. He’s bigger, quicker and more physical than the others. Oh and then his offensive potential!

I think he will be the starting point guard.Solid defender and better on offense than Hagans.

He's playing the best these first two games.

He's also the best shooting PG, and he had zero turnovers last night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT