ADVERTISEMENT

NIL and Recruiting

YaketySax

Senior
Jun 28, 2018
A rare specific critque:

I agree 100%. JMI should allow this. It's crazy that they don't. More specifics like this, by the media that know the issue well enough to talk specifics, that also actually help to change policy would be nice for us all.

It’s crazy that y’all believe promote and spread this lie. Y’all just got busted lying saying JMI won’t allow coaches to advertise collectives. Now y’all are spreading this lie for daddy Matt who y’all put before the program.

It’s crazy that y’all believe promote and spread this lie. Y’all just got busted lying saying JMI won’t allow coaches to advertise collectives. Now y’all are spreading this lie for daddy Matt who y’all put before the program.
I don't know who "y'all" is...only one person posted this. I assumed Stoops frustration with NIL meant this wasn't something he could do at UK since he does everything he can. But if Mark Stoops can host NIL fundraising events that is 1) a just thing and 2) a terrible lie by Matt Jones.

...now since you fight about everything regarding NIL on this board I'm sorry if I don't immediately trust you've been to NIL fundraising events hosted by Mark Stoops, and instead just assume you have an axe to grind about Matt Jones.

I, like a lot of fans, would just like the unvarnished truth of the situation.

Reactions: JHB4UK
I don't know who "y'all" is...only one person posted this. I assumed Stoops frustration with NIL meant this wasn't something he could do at UK since he does everything he can. But if Mark Stoops can host NIL fundraising events that is 1) a just thing and 2) a terrible lie by Matt Jones.

...now since you fight about everything regarding NIL on this board I'm sorry if I don't immediately trust you've been to NIL fundraising events hosted by Mark Stoops, and instead just assume you have an axe to grind about Matt Jones.

I, like a lot of fans, would just like the unvarnished truth of the situation.
Y’all is you and the other people who keep repeating this lie. Y’all have been making assumptions and lying about NIL since it was a thing all to promote Matt Jones narrative.

You ain’t gotta trust me. An actual booster, not the nameless ones y’all made up when we kept signing studs out of the portal that y’all claimed picked up the slack. A real booster, with a real collective, with real connections to UK, who does real NIL events says it’s false.

Y’all don’t want the unvarnished truth, y’all just keep switching the lie up when you’re proven wrong. Y’all want to promote Matt Jones false narrative, that comes before the program and the truth.

Put up or shut up, MG.

Are you saying the event attended by Freeze could be performed under contractual limitations at UK by Coach Stoops?

If so, I’ll bring my checkbook, and care not where it is held!
Todd Harris is saying that. Again, a real booster with a real collective who does real NIL events. The only people making up BS about JMI is Matt Jones and his mindless sheep. Again, remember last week when y’all were lying and saying JMI wouldn’t let Stoops advertise the collective, then the Stoops ad for the collective came out. I’m saying you and the rest of the KSR sheep are frauds.

I have no status or credibility. I’m just angry message board guy but an actual booster who is universally respected, has real connections with UK, has a collective, has done NIL events with players and coaches says it’s false but that still isn’t good enough for you sheep. Daddy Matt comes first, the truth, UK athletics, all that takes a back seat to Matt Jones narrative with you people.

All these NIL “problems” would be miraculously fixed if they would have a meet and greet with coaches at KS Bar. “Otherwise UK will fall behind.”

Y’all is you and the other people who keep repeating this lie. Y’all have been making assumptions and lying about NIL since it was a thing all to promote Matt Jones narrative.

You ain’t gotta trust me. An actual booster, not the nameless ones y’all made up when we kept signing studs out of the portal that y’all claimed picked up the slack. A real booster, with a real collective, with real connections to UK, who does real NIL events says it’s false.

Y’all don’t want the unvarnished truth, y’all just keep switching the lie up when you’re proven wrong. Y’all want to promote Matt Jones false narrative, that comes before the program and the truth.
Now you’re just conflating y’all because I don’t apply to the other uses at all. Also, I put one trick ponies on ignore here while donating to UK after logging off.

You ever watch The Big Lebowski? You remind me of the line “You’re not wrong Walter. You’re just an asshole.”

Last edited:
Reactions: The-Hack and JHB4UK
I’m just angry message board guy
Lol. I won’t think of you while signing my next check to UK. You have more in common with the posters who only criticize Barnhart than you realize. Enjoy your message boards. I hope you post your way to whatever it is you want while others put their money down.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: The-Hack
Now you’re just conflating y’all because I don’t apply to the other uses at all. Also, I put one trick ponies on ignore here while donating to UK after logging off.

You ever watch The Big Lebowski? You remind me of the line “You’re not wrong Walter. You’re just an asshole.”
Posted an actual booster who has a collective and does work and has NIL events with UK players and coaches saying Matt Jones claims are inaccurate, and he comes back with the Big Lebowski. Let’s stay on topic here. What do you think about Todd Harris saying Matt Jones claims are inaccurate and coaches are indeed allowed to do events. You threw the accusation out then had nothing to say when it was contradicted by a credible source. Seems like the only thing that matters to y’all is Matt Jones narrative.

A rare specific critque:

I agree 100%. JMI should allow this. It's crazy that they don't. More specifics like this, by the media that know the issue well enough to talk specifics, that also actually help to change policy would be nice for us all.

Strange. If you watch this, you'll see some of the Coaches were in attendance at this NIL event.

Reactions: YaketySax
Posted an actual booster who has a collective and does work and has NIL events with UK players and coaches saying Matt Jones claims are inaccurate, and he comes back with the Big Lebowski. Let’s stay on topic here. What do you think about Todd Harris saying Matt Jones claims are inaccurate and coaches are indeed allowed to do events. You threw the accusation out then had nothing to say when it was contradicted by a credible source. Seems like the only thing that matters to y’all is Matt Jones narrative.
That's not what he said. He said its up to UK. It's possible UK and Barnhart wont let them do it because of pressure from JMI. He never said coaches are allowed to do events. He said its up to UK.

That's not what he said. He said its up to UK. It's possible UK and Barnhart wont let them do it because of pressure from JMI. He never said coaches are allowed to do events. He said its up to UK.
KSR sheep angry that his lies are falling apart. Coaches we’re literally at an NIL event and you’re still claiming “it’s possible” Barnhart won’t let them do it. They always switch up the lie. Sorry fraud, seems like Barnhart allowed coaches to attend the Bowling with Ballers events. Mark Stoops cut an ad for The 15 Club. Keep saying it’s possible he won’t let them to keep your BS narrative alive, daddy Matt is so proud of you.

A rare specific critque:

RESEARCH JMI what they do and who they are affiliated with. Are these institutions having the same issues. A little hint...one of their clients is the current back-to-back National Champions.

Reactions: YaketySax
RESEARCH JMI what they do and who they are affiliated with. Are these institutions having the same issues. A little hint...one of their clients is the current back-to-back National Champions.
There's a way for the collective(s), UK, and JMI to work together until the contract gets renewed and current terms are updated equitably. I always come back to Fazoli's endorsing Tyty, Porsche given Sharpe a lease, Oscar making millions despite his visa issues, and Levis making north of $1 million reportedly.

There's money to be made outside of the use of UK's logo. Now, there's less money to be made perhaps for some players, but to pretend like the fans need to rally against JMI seems to me both inaccurate in some cases, and also potentially counterproductive to the whole process that we all want: UK doing well in NIL.

To go back to my OP: I would like more specifics about what fans, UK, and the collective(s) can do. I would like less angry diatribes that never get past generalizations and the grinding of axes between media companies competing against each other. I guess I'm asking for objective nuances from media members that don't specialize in that ;)

ADVERTISEMENT