ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Nick Mingione's first season better than anyone could have hoped

LINK

My final column from the season. As always, thanks for following along. I'll have some stuff from the draft next week and a look ahead to next season as well.
Derek...your opinion if there could be any surprises of guys staying to try to reach that brass ring next season...Sat with two future pitchers last week at regional and both were excited to get started?

Derek...your opinion if there could be any surprises of guys staying to try to reach that brass ring next season...Sat with two future pitchers last week at regional and both were excited to get started?
Justin Lewis and Zach Logue. My guess is Lewis comes back and Logue doesn't. Logue would obviously get every chance in the world to compete for a weekend spot, but I feel like he'd be a relief pitcher next season. It just depends on what he wants. He'll definitely be a key piece next season, but it would be in a different role if Lewis came back. No way Hjelle and Thompson aren't the Friday and Saturday starters next season.

Justin Lewis and Zach Logue. My guess is Lewis comes back and Logue doesn't. Logue would obviously get every chance in the world to compete for a weekend spot, but I feel like he'd be a relief pitcher next season. It just depends on what he wants. He'll definitely be a key piece next season, but it would be in a different role if Lewis came back. No way Hjelle and Thompson aren't the Friday and Saturday starters next season.
Would love that scenario...not a big fan of Logue at all. What shot you give Mahan being back?
What about B. Marshall and Jordan?

ADVERTISEMENT