ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Playoffs

Mixon was a risky pick coming out of Oklahoma. Elite talent level, serious character red flags. The Bengals should cut him

The bengals were probably the worst team in the nfl for a good while and now they are one of the best. Of course the culture changed. I get you are a steelers fan but you need to be a tad bit objective otherwise your opinion is voiceless.

The franchise is scum. They were so bad that they got the number one pick and it’s worked out so far. Big achievement. They sucked their way into prosperity,

• Haha
Reactions: Mdnerd
You can't control what players do, but you can control your response. Bengals need to take a stand here and cut him.

Yeah good point. Pull the bandaid, save some face. Promote Perine, and you also start planning FA and the draft around a potential need for RB.

Reactions: christophero
Well, assuming the allegations are true, Mixon just made what might have been a difficult decision before this came out into a very easy one. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. He''s played his last down as a Bengal.

Let's see it play out, but I bet the Bengals don't reach another AFC title game anytime soon unless they get home field advantage. Everything worked out for them to get there the last two years and it won't always work that way.
The Bengals are no juggernaut like they want to think they are. Joe's gonna have up and down years like all of them do. Can't wait til' they have to pay him (this offeason).
Everything worked out for them? Winning multiple playoff games on the road is no small feat. This is also the first time Mahomes has been able to beat Burrow's Bengals in 4 tries. But every one of those 4 games were won by 3 points. I hated the result, but if you are looking at last Sunday's game as a reason to doubt the Bengals going forward, you are completely delusional.

I was hoping we could get something for Mixon. We have some players we can move to ensure we keep the guys we need so our offseason moves are going to be crucial. I want a top offensive lineman in the draft as we needed guys like Slater and Linderbaum to be there along with Joe protecting him his whole career instead of just patchwork. We literally have lost 2 Super Bowls because of our offensive line.

Everything worked out for them? Winning multiple playoff games on the road is no small feat. This is also the first time Mahomes has been able to beat Burrow's Bengals in 4 tries. But every one of those 4 games were won by 3 points. I hated the result, but if you are looking at last Sunday's game as a reason to doubt the Bengals going forward, you are completely delusional.
Oh I don’t doubt them, but Bungle fans think they are gonna live in the AFC championship game going forward. It’s not going to happen, especially after they pay Joe this off season and money gets harder to spread out. The defense will suffer. But they’ll be good as long as he’s there.

Still a scummy franchise. The dumnasssry and signing of players that they already know have bad character hasn’t and won’t change as they aren’t much different than Cleveland in that respect.

Last edited:
Oh I don’t doubt them, but Bungle fans think they are gonna live in the AFC championship game going forward. It’s not going to happen, especially after they pay Joe this off season and money gets harder to spread out. The defense will suffer. But they’ll be good as long as he’s there.
Live in the afc title game? No, but live in the playoffs with a shot, which is all you can really hope for. Sadly for you the Steelers won’t be able to say the same anytime soon.

Still a scummy franchise. The dumnasssry and signing of players that they already know have bad character hasn’t and won’t change as they aren’t much different than Cleveland in that respect.

Thinking about it, how pissed would you be if they did? Also how many times do they have to make it before that claim can be made? It’s 2 and counting, which to some means they already are living there.

Oh agreed. He started talking smack so I just responded. Those Bradshaw 70's teams were scary good, all pros everywhere.

Not a steeler fan, but that’s more than most fans can brag about!

A Steelers fan who supports a team with a rich history like Pittsburgh, who also signs on to degrade a team that is having a successful run has a serious ego problem. I understand he hates Cinci, and that’s fine, I despise Pittsburgh, but I’m not about to get on here and call Pittsburgh a sh!tty team when they are almost winning super bowls.

He can’t emotionally handle the fact Cinci is now better than his beloved Steelers and is lashing out like a small child would.

What he fails to understand, because he has no understanding of the bengals franchise, is things haven’t turned around randomly on some draft choice, things have turned around because Mike Brown isn’t calling the shots anymore. It’s a totally different franchise than it has been the last 30 plus years, and it’s because the a$$hole at the top isn’t screwing everything up anymore.

We’ll have our down years going forward as all teams do, just ask the Steelers, but this is a different franchise with different leadership now.

I hate the Steelers but they are a remarkable organization and there isn't any point in even tryin to talk smack about them.

As a Bengals fan now for about 50 years and knowing the Brown family personally having grown up and went to school with Katie and played many times with her and Paul Jr. when we were very young, I don't think Mike sees the organization anything like his father did.

Mike is not the brightest guy you'll ever meet. I am not even sure about how much he loves football. The Bengals are a family business and yes some of the guys we have brought in are almost always the type they can get a deal on. You have to understand that the Browns are paying their bills for the whole clan with this team and its revenue, this is not a hobby.

Katie, however, is very, very bright. I have always hoped that as Mike's control wanes and Katie takes over more that you'd see a change in the Bengals from a team ran on a tight budget to a team that is well funded and highly committed to putting the best players in the NFL on the field. You can see a lot of her in the recent moves with the renaming rights and such to increase the budget so we can pay Joe and keep all our key players. We'll see if finally the devastation that has been Mike Brown can finally be cleansed from the organization I believe he may have always resented having grown up as a 2nd thought to Paul Sr. after football that was his life and as a result looked at is as work rather than sport. If I had to guess I'd say Mike was always a reluctant owner and not much of a fan. He did try hard to move the Bengals to LA, once. Strictly business. He has no interest in the game itself or the fans IMO.

Mixon's case dismissed -for now:

The case filed on Thursday against Bengals running back Joe Mixon was dismissed on Friday morning.

The prosecutor's office told Hamilton County Judge Curt Kissinger that the city has requested the case be dismissed because additional investigation is needed to move forward with the case. The alleged victim has been in communication with the Cincinnati police and, according to the Hamilton County Prosecutor's Office, wants to move forward with the charge if the prosecutor's office decides to refile the case.

Bengals RB Joe Mixon's 'aggravated menacing' charge dismissed for additional investigation

Reactions: jameslee32
If Mixon did do this and is charged then it’s an easy choice to move on from him. RB’s are dime a dozen these days.

Good read on the Bengals cap space this offseason. I seem to want to keep Bates more than some people but I think he is worth it, I think the author made a mistake and said "Bell" when he meant "Bates":

And if those projections are accurate — the Bengals are in a really good spot. It’s generally accepted the front office will try to get back two or three of the above names.

At those price ranges, Bell and Pratt are very affordable. Hurst is probably a little more expensive than they would prefer, but the market tends to over-inflate pass-catching weapons right now.

Bengals look great in free-agency contract projections from PFF

If Mixon did do this and is charged then it’s an easy choice to move on from him. RB’s are dime a dozen these days.

Whether he did it or not, time for him to go. Been saying it for 2 years now. Perine is tougher and makes the team better. Mixon type of running back who falls down once a finger touches him are easy to find for a fraction of the price.

Reactions: barbourfor3
Of course the Bengals are in a good spot. Most of the key players were drafted. Burrow, Mixon(so he might be gone), Perine, Chase, Higgins, Boyd, the whole Dline, Wilson, Pratt, Bates, and Hill.

The OL was patch work but so what it had to be.

And now they are draft a year before contracts are up at positions that make sense.

So of course this run can be prolonged even if they pay Burrow/Chase. Just keep drafting smart!

Oh dang, did their star quarterback and face of the franchise for 10+ years rape someone in a bathroom?!
hahaha! 1) was he accused of anything when they made him a Steeler? Did he have a bad past? Were you there to know the whole story? NO

Did Cincinnati know Mixon, PACman, Carman etc. were trash when they brought them in? YES

Current Bungle O-lineman is accused of raping a 15 year old girl. Where's your problem with that? PS, he said it was consenual....consenual sex with a 15 year old.

Run along now. You can't be taken seriously siince you pull the rape card and look the other way when happens on your team.

• Haha
A steeler fan sitting on an ethical high horse. How truly ironic. My favorite part was how Big Ben’s behavior doesn’t count because he was already a steeler. That’s some serious mental gymnastics there.

Reactions: CrittendenWildcat
Current Bungle O-lineman is accused of raping a 15 year old girl. Where's your problem with that? PS, he said it was consenual....consenual sex with a 15 year old.

Maybe he's hoping that Cincy will commemorate him with a statue outside of their stadium.

qe7ge9yzyehnol8yjmnp

I hate the Steelers but they are a remarkable organization and there isn't any point in even tryin to talk smack about them.

As a Bengals fan now for about 50 years and knowing the Brown family personally having grown up and went to school with Katie and played many times with her and Paul Jr. when we were very young, I don't think Mike sees the organization anything like his father did.

Mike is not the brightest guy you'll ever meet. I am not even sure about how much he loves football. The Bengals are a family business and yes some of the guys we have brought in are almost always the type they can get a deal on. You have to understand that the Browns are paying their bills for the whole clan with this team and its revenue, this is not a hobby.

Katie, however, is very, very bright. I have always hoped that as Mike's control wanes and Katie takes over more that you'd see a change in the Bengals from a team ran on a tight budget to a team that is well funded and highly committed to putting the best players in the NFL on the field. You can see a lot of her in the recent moves with the renaming rights and such to increase the budget so we can pay Joe and keep all our key players. We'll see if finally the devastation that has been Mike Brown can finally be cleansed from the organization I believe he may have always resented having grown up as a 2nd thought to Paul Sr. after football that was his life and as a result looked at is as work rather than sport. If I had to guess I'd say Mike was always a reluctant owner and not much of a fan. He did try hard to move the Bengals to LA, once. Strictly business. He has no interest in the game itself or the fans IMO.
Actually, Mike had a deal to move the team to Baltimore.

Zac Taylor and free agency tells me Katie has already taken over. No way Mike spends the money she has spent in all areas of the business.

Maybe he's hoping that Cincy will commemorate him with a statue outside of their stadium.

qe7ge9yzyehnol8yjmnp

Cincinasty, lol. Kills their fans that nobody respects them no matter how many football games they win. And they wonder why??

• Haha
Cincinasty, lol. Kills their fans that nobody respects them no matter how many football games they win. And they wonder why??

To be objective, though, if you're going to take a hard moral stance against every single sports team that features scumbags on its roster, then you're never going to be able to watch sports again.

To be objective, though, if you're going to take a hard moral stance against every single sports team that features scumbags on its roster, then you're never going to be able to watch sports again.

Don't disagree. I'm just responding to the garbage they are spewing at me/Steelers by showing them that their nothing but hypocrites.

• Haha
Don't disagree. I'm just responding to the garbage they are spewing at me/Steelers by showing them that their nothing but hypocrites.

So much irony…

I’m sure this guy has me blocked, he really didn’t like me embarrassing him.

ADVERTISEMENT