ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Playoffs

I wouldn't leave the Bengals if I were him.. you got one of the best receiving corps in the NFL.. the Oline was MUCH better when healthy (cant control that), promising run game for several more years.. you're basically the best player/most successful that this franchise has had so you're a God, and your money goes much further in a smaller market.

Totally agree. I just don't believe Burrow is "in love" with being a Bengal. He'll probably stay if they pay him, but I can't see him sacrificing anything to stay there.
When do we really ever see amazing QBs bounce via free agency after already being established?

Montana was traded after Young became the guy
Elway stayed a Bronco
P. Manning was traded after the Colts went and got Andrew Luck via draft
Marino was a Dolphin for life
Jim Kelly Bills for life
Favre was traded to the Jets after retirement
Brees traded in favor of Phillip Rivers
Brady bounced at 43 and is the only example I can't think of.

I think Burrow is a Bengal for life or at least until it's no longer an option.

No one will ever challenge Tom Brady as the GOAT.

Certainly not worth passing on tens of millions of dollars annually to try and do something one human has ever been capable of doing.

You take as much money as you possibly can over as short a period as you can.

And win or lose, the NFL franchises will continue to grow in value exponentially, so there’s really no sense in giving up equity stakes in the franchise or other businesses.

Totally agree. I just don't believe Burrow is "in love" with being a Bengal. He'll probably stay if they pay him, but I can't see him sacrificing anything to stay there.
I disagree. I am not a Bengals fan but its obvious Joe is an Ohio kid that loves being a Bengal. He will be a Bengal for his entire prime.

Reactions: WildcatfaninOhio
No one will ever challenge Tom Brady as the GOAT.

Certainly not worth passing on tens of millions of dollars annually to try and do something one human has ever been capable of doing.

You take as much money as you possibly can over as short a period as you can.

And win or lose, the NFL franchises will continue to grow in value exponentially, so there’s really no sense in giving up equity stakes in the franchise or other businesses.

Ultimately yes, because the players want to know they are getting their money, in case of injury.

As for the GOAT debate.. probably. But if Mahomes decides he wants to play for 20 years and stays healthy.. a 2nd ring here would be a start down the path. I don't think he HAS to have 7 rings to be on the same level as Brady, but he needs 5 or 6.. and that's still an immense hill to climb in a salary cap era.

FWIW, the extra game a year is going to allow lots of QBs to break records. Brady got the benefit of playing in the 2000's and 2010's which offered a lot more QB protection than say the 80's.. well, now QBs are even MORE protected, and will have easier opportunities to stay healthy, upright, and throw for more yards in a season.

When do we really ever see amazing QBs bounce via free agency after already being established?

Montana was traded after Young became the guy
Elway stayed a Bronco
P. Manning was traded after the Colts went and got Andrew Luck via draft
Marino was a Dolphin for life
Jim Kelly Bills for life
Favre was traded to the Jets after retirement
Brees traded in favor of Phillip Rivers
Brady bounced at 43 and is the only example I can't think of.

I think Burrow is a Bengal for life or at least until it's no longer an option.
You might see Lamar Jackson hit the free agent market if he doesn't drop his insistence on a fully guaranteed mega contract. The guy has proven to be an injury risk which is why a team doesn't want to bet the franchise on one guy's health, especially a run first QB. Those guys don't age well. A partial guarantee is fine but not 100%.

Reactions: VaxxedObamaCat
He grew up a couple hours away from Cincy in Athens OH. From everything I have seen, he grew up a Bengals fan so your statement seems far from the truth.
Not only did he grow up close, the team has made the conference championship in two of his three years and have shown a clear commitment to surround him with plenty of talent. Seems like an ideal situation to me.

Only if they break the bank.
I mean at this point no QB is staying unless you pay them what they are worth so thats not saying much. I think Lamar loves playing for the Ravens and their fans too but he isn't going to stay unless they give him what he's worth.

I mean at this point no QB is staying unless you pay them what they are worth so thats not saying much. I think Lamar loves playing for the Ravens and their fans too but he isn't going to stay unless they give him what he's worth.

I really don't care if he stays or not. We were told the The Ravens would own the North when Lamar got there and now we're told it's Burrows instead. Giggle.

We'll agree that your opinion on him is correct and mine is wrong and move on.

I really don't care if he stays or not. We were told the The Ravens would own the North when Lamar got there and now we're told it's Burrows instead. Giggle.

Same Joe Burrow that was outplayed by Tyler Huntely last week and who should have absolutely lost to the Titans in round 2 last year.

Break the bank, Cincy! I'd love to see it.

Same Joe Burrow that was outplayed by Tyler Huntely last week and who should have absolutely lost to the Titans in round 2 last year.

Not sure what game you watched but Joe Burrow completely outplayed Josh Allen last week. No wonder you are confused. You don't know what game you are even watching.

Reactions: jameslee32

I still think the division is Lamar's if he's healthy. I'm not arguing or anything because I really have no feeling towards any AFC North team. The Ravens have shown to be the most competent organization in that division in the modern era and I think they are most prepared to build around Lamar after paying him. Burrow is great but the Bengals are a disaster waiting to happen and I don't really think Zack Taylor is a good coach.

I still think the division is Lamar's if he's healthy. I'm not arguing or anything because I really have no feeling towards any AFC North team. The Ravens have shown to be the most competent organization in that division in the modern era and I think they are most prepared to build around Lamar after paying him. Burrow is great but the Bengals are a disaster waiting to happen and I don't really think Zack Taylor is a good coach.
Harbaugh is a massive pile of dung. I pray they extend him. Have a good one.

I get you are a steelers fan but no lol.......Harbaugh is not a massive pile of dung. He's is a top tier coach in that league who has changed the identity of their team multiple times.

I'm an Eagles fan but you won't catch me calling Brian Daboll a terrible coach. You have to have some objectivity man.

The steelers also have a great coach btw.....just a terrible line and future mediocre QB. They need to invest in their line.

I just can't see Lamar staying healthy. And that contract is going to eat into their ability to keep talent.

And I'm also not sure that Pitt/Tomlin doesn't give the Ravens/Harbaugh a run for the most competent team in that division. Honestly both teams might be 1 and 2 across the whole NFL.

I just can't see Lamar staying healthy. And that contract is going to eat into their ability to keep talent.

And I'm also not sure that Pitt/Tomlin doesn't give the Ravens/Harbaugh a run for the most competent team in that division. Honestly both teams might be 1 and 2 across the whole NFL.
The difference for me would be the ravens willingness to move on from flacco and the steelers slow trot towards death with big ben who was awful his last couple of years.

Also I don't even thing there is much talent on the ravens offense right now tbh. Andrews is good and they are paying 2 decent lineman but Lamar has been balling without any help for awhile.

Since the Ravens joined the AFC North in 2002, the Steelers won 9 division championships and the Ravens and Bengals each have 6. The Steelers also went to the Superbowl twice versus the Ravens once in that time frame. So I don't agree that that the Ravens have been the class of the AFC North "in the modern era". Right now I would say the Bengals are the best team.

The difference for me would be the ravens willingness to move on from flacco and the steelers slow trot towards death with big ben who was awful his last couple of years.

Also I don't even thing there is much talent on the ravens offense right now tbh. Andrews is good and they are paying 2 decent lineman but Lamar has been balling without any help for awhile.

Yeah, more so on the defensive side of the ball, that seems to be where the talent is.

Being a Jets fan, Lamar's name has been linked to us, and I just have no interest. Him OR Rogers. I don't like these older guys (both being "old" for different reasons), demanding these giant salaries. So I dont see Lamar being the guy to take down the Bengals, as those young guys only get better and better.

I could be wrong, but it seems the Steelers were never really in a position to draft Bens replacement.. but I'm pulling that off the top of my head, so idk, maybe they did have a top10 pick here and there.

Snagging Lamar as the last pick in the 1st round proved to be YUGE.

Reactions: ryanbruner
Since the Ravens joined the AFC North in 2002, the Steelers won 9 division championships and the Ravens and Bengals each have 6. The Steelers also went to the Superbowl twice versus the Ravens once in that time frame. So I don't agree that that the Ravens have been the class of the AFC North "in the modern era". Right now I would say the Bengals are the best team.

I'm more so talking about "modern" as post 2010 when the offensive playstyles started to shift. The steelers may still have more division titles in that period I just feel like they are both very close but the decision to move on from their respective washed franchise QBs gives the ravens a slight edge.

I'm biased though because I hate when the eagles hold on to anyone too long. I felt like they should have rebuilt immediately after the super bowl because we were very old but they didn't.

I could be wrong, but it seems the Steelers were never really in a position to draft Bens replacement.. but I'm pulling that off the top of my head, so idk, maybe they did have a top10 pick here and there.

Yea they weren't and thats because they are always good. People won't like this but they should have traded him early. Better to be early on trading a guy than late.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
I'd give my right nut to be a fan of either franchise. Meanwhile we're hiring bad OCs to lure in Aaron Rogers who is going to demand $50 million, give up two 1st round picks for him.. just for him to retire in 11 months from now.

You are correct, the Steelers haven't had a top 10 pick in a long time. They traded up to #10 four years ago to get a LB (Bush) who didn't really work out. A lot of key players got old/retired/went nuts in a very short window (Ben/whole OL/Antonio Brown/LaVeon Bell/Shazier/etc.)

Last edited:
I'd give my right nut to be a fan of either franchise. Meanwhile we're hiring bad OCs to lure in Aaron Rogers who is going to demand $50 million, give up two 1st round picks for him.. just for him to retire in 11 months from now.
Best case scenario for the jets is to get Jimmy G and draft a guy in a year or 2.

Best case scenario for the jets is to get Jimmy G and draft a guy in a year or 2.

I'd be OK with Jimmy G.. if he's cheap. Really good locker room guy. And we can still keep a lot of these young pieces.. which is really the reason I DON'T want Lamar or Aaron.

I'd still prefer Carr though. He'd have the best defense, by far, in his entire career.

Reactions: ryanbruner
I'd be OK with Jimmy G.. if he's cheap. Really good locker room guy. And we can still keep a lot of these young pieces.. which is really the reason I DON'T want Lamar or Aaron.

I'd still prefer Carr though. He'd have the best defense, by far, in his entire career.
Forgot about Carr yea I think thats a good option. I mean Lamar is still Lamar though. He's been hurt the last 2 years but I think this year was more of him taking a stand. By all account Lamar is like THE locker room guy to have. All of the ravens seem to love him. When you think about it the ravens were running away with that division before he got hurt. They probably beat the steelers and browns to finish out 12-5 with the Bengals. Lamar is basically winning games by himself in that offense.

Forgot about Carr yea I think thats a good option. I mean Lamar is still Lamar though. He's been hurt the last 2 years but I think this year was more of him taking a stand. By all account Lamar is like THE locker room guy to have. All of the ravens seem to love him. When you think about it the ravens were running away with that division before he got hurt. They probably beat the steelers and browns to finish out 12-5 with the Bengals. Lamar is basically winning games by himself in that offense.

Yeah, I'd be fine with Lamar IF you could promise me hes got those legs for 4-5 years.. but unfortunately, that's far from a sure thing. And I think Lamar knows this, and this is why he wants the pay day. I certainly don't blame him, but as an owner and GM, that's a huge risk to take. At some point, Lamar is going to have to convert to being a more traditional pocket passing QB.

I wouldn't give a mega deal to Lamar. I think he's already played his best football. He's only played 12 games in each of the last two seasons. He's won ONE playoff game. He's injury prone. He doesn't belong in some insane contract level as there will not be a ROI.

Ravens won a Super Bowl with Flacco. This is Lamar and Flacco's NFL Playoff record their first five years.

Lamar 1-4 only made it to the divisional round
Flacco 9-4 Super Bowl win, went to the AFC Chmp three times

Let him walk then.

I do think Lamar has had less to work with, offensively speaking. I saw a sports meme that talks about all these other QBs needing weapons, and then it mentioned how Lamar really hasn't had much in his time with the Ravens.

Who was his best WR? Hollywood Brown?

Terrible Interception thrown into double coverage with six minutes left in the game last night by Burrow.

Needed 3 interceptions from Tannehill or they are out in round 2 last year. Low scoring, 19-16.

Outplayed by Hundley of the Ravens last week and got lucky to advance on a 100 yard fumble return from the goal line. Burrow sucked.

Joe's very good, but the Bengals have been so bad for so long that you'd think he's the 2nd coming when he's not even close.

Chiefs fan so obviously do t care for bengals and burrow. With that being said, burrow is one of 4-5 guys you open the vault for in the NFL. Dude is good

Reactions: HagginHall1999
Terrible Interception thrown into double coverage with six minutes left in the game last night by Burrow.

Needed 3 interceptions from Tannehill or they are out in round 2 last year. Low scoring, 19-16.

Outplayed by Hundley of the Ravens last week and got lucky to advance on a 100 yard fumble return from the goal line. Burrow sucked.

Joe's very good, but the Bengals have been so bad for so long that you'd think he's the 2nd coming when he's not even close.

He is Top 3 QB in the league. He has amazing weapons too. That said, you are sort of short changing him to a degree. No QB has ever had to deal with the consistent struggles of OLine in playoffs like he has.

Chiefs fan so obviously do t care for bengals and burrow. With that being said, burrow is one of 4-5 guys you open the vault for in the NFL. Dude is good

Hence I said he's very good. But he isn't the God Bengals fans think he is.

Reactions: UK-BILL
He is Top 3 QB in the league. He has amazing weapons too. That said, you are sort of short changing him to a degree. No QB has ever had to deal with the consistent struggles of OLine in playoffs like he has.

He's very good. He's not what you Bengal fans think he is though. Can't wait to see him get frustrated with that sh&t organization. I promise you last night started it for him.

Cocky MF'er for having no rings. Hope they open the vault as that will leave him with less acrobatic recievers to catch balls thrown into double coverage.

ADVERTISEMENT