ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Playoffs

Always gonna be a ref to save the Chiefs.

Not a Bengals fan but I can’t think of a worse Super Bowl matchup of unlikable pieces of garbage than the Eagles and Chiefs.

Will be the first one I don’t watch.

Always gonna be a ref to save the Chiefs.

Not a Bengals fan but I can’t think of a worse Super Bowl matchup of unlikable pieces of garbage than the Eagles and Chiefs.

Will be the first one I don’t watch.

I actually think it's gonna be a great game. Idk what's unlikable about anyone on either team.

Now Philly fans.. that's another story lol

**** the refs and NFL. They protected their golden boy tonight. Total screw job but those asshats.
Chiefs are the new patriots - buckle up for the next 10 years of this but I think cincy will get a chip eventually burrow is too good

Reactions: LOL_Man
Refs were trying to give the Chiefs any call they could the whole game you can't do something so stupid as hit Mahomes out of bounds.
IMHO Bengals are the better team. Burrow the better thrower but Mahomes is smart.

Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat
Most likely not. Burrow is about to get PAID. That means less pieces to play with. This was the shot…

I think he has some more time.. but you're right.. the window to win is very tight. I don't know his contract off the top of my head, but in a year or two, the Bengals will need to cut players to keep Joe.

It does make you respect what the Pats were able to do.

I think he has some more time.. but you're right.. the window to win is very tight. I don't know his contract off the top of my head, but in a year or two, the Bengals will need to cut players to keep Joe.

Pats had an incredible system that always had the answer. It was a revolving door of vets leaving and young guys coming in and performing with a set core. It will likely never be seen again.

Bengals may have shots in the future, but only when the stars align with young guys over performing. Todays team can’t stay together, just not possible.

Also there is no more time. He’s got one year left on his rookie contract, but his extension is going to be signed this off season. That only happens with turnover. Won’t be the same team next year.

Burrow signs, Mixon can be replaced, Chase will be kept when the time comes too.

People forget Tom took several team friendly deals to stay in NE, and I’d guess Joe won’t try to get the biggest longest deal either. Just a guess though.

Tee Higgins probably won’t be a Bengal too much longer either!

Ehh I think you guys will be OK. Yes, Joe is gonna take a big salary.. but I also think he understands that guys can't be like Aaron Rogers and take 20% of the teams salary, if he wants to win.

Let Mixon go, he's got miles on him anyways.

Burrow signs, Mixon can be replaced, Chase will be kept when the time comes too.

People forget Tom took several team friendly deals to stay in NE, and I’d guess Joe won’t try to get the biggest longest deal either. Just a guess though.

Tee Higgins probably won’t be a Bengal too much longer either!
These are all good points... plus we'll lose some key guys on defense like Bates, too.

We missed the best shot we'll have for some time. It was right there.

Ehh I think you guys will be OK. Yes, Joe is gonna take a big salary.. but I also think he understands that guys can't be like Aaron Rogers and take 20% of the teams salary, if he wants to win.

Let Mixon go, he's got miles on him anyways.
Joe will get a 5 yr 250 million contract with about half guaranteed at least. That's the starting number. Bengals want something for him similar to Mahomes' contract.

Joe will get a 5 yr 250 million contract with about half guaranteed at least. That's the starting number. Bengals want something for him similar to Mahomes' contract.

Well.. then he's gonna chase superbowls his whole career.

This is why I don't want Aaron Rogers for the Jets, and would rather have Derek Carr.

The QB IS the most important player on the field.. but it's simultaneously the most overpaid in today's game. You can't pay these guys this much and expect to win.

Bengals fans once again your team showed up to their biggest game of the year with a dog shit OL and failed to score 28 points.

That ain’t enough.

Blame refs all want, yeah we all agree refs can be better.

But you know why you lost in same manner as last year.

And stop complaining, probably 29/30 other fan bases would love to have your QB and a season like this.

Reactions: JLoad22
Bengals fans once again your team showed up to their biggest game of the year with a dog shit OL and failed to score 28 points.

That ain’t enough.

And stop complaining, probably 29/30 other fan bases would love to have your QB and a season like this.
Part of that problem is the NFL changing the rules on cancelled games that required the Bengals to play that line in the final game of the season which they wouldn't have had to do if the NFL followed the rules they already had in place. As a result, linemen were injured in the game against the Ravens and missed the rest of the playoffs. Thats the only reason they showed up to "their biggest game with a dog shit OL".

Kelce Brothers- two huge meathead d-bags against each other in the Super Bowl and will dominate media coverage the next two weeks.

Nothing is worse than the two-week-long media coverage of the Super Bowl. It's the absolute worst shit in sports.

Reactions: LOL_Man and J_Dee
Part of that problem is the NFL changing the rules on cancelled games that required the Bengals to play that line in the final game of the season which they wouldn't have had to do if the NFL followed the rules they already had in place. As a result, linemen were injured in the game against the Ravens and missed the rest of the playoffs. Thats the only reason they showed up to "their biggest game with a dog shit OL".
That line was bad for 3/4 of the season and they started to click right before they were injured but its a little too late by then. Bengals need to make changes.

Kelce Brothers- two huge meathead d-bags against each other in the Super Bowl and will dominate media coverage the next two weeks.

Nothing is worse than the two-week-long media coverage of the Super Bowl. It's the absolute worst shit in sports.

What's wrong with the Kelce brothers? Seem like good dudes to me.

That line was bad for 3/4 of the season and they started to click right before they were injured but its a little too late by then. Bengals need to make changes.
You cant really say it was a little too late. Bengals were on a 10 game win streak and the protection had improved greatly. I like the Bengals chances with their entire line available yesterday. Many of the early season issues also were impacted by Burrow being out the entire preseason for his appendectomy. They took a few games to click.

Bengals made the needed changes last year to address the OLine problems and it worked.

You cant really say it was a little too late. Bengals were on a 10 game win streak and the protection had improved greatly. I like the Bengals chances with their entire line available yesterday. Many of the early season issues also were impacted by Burrow being out the entire preseason for his appendectomy. They took a few games to click.

Bengals made the needed changes last year to address the OLine problems and it worked.

Agree with the last part. Bengals will be fine but got decimated by Oline injuries.

However, be careful when playing the injury game. Bills didn't have Von Miller and their pass rush/run D was awful because of it. Jets lost to the Bengals earlier in the season because Flacco was our QB. We finished out our season without our two best offensive line players and our starting RB. And as I'm just about to say ".. but the Chiefs were healthy".. I just saw their injuries from last night.

Almost every team is going into the playoffs with guys down. It's whichever one is least injured that will likely prevail. It's why I think the Eagles might steamroll the chiefs. Philly is pretty healthy right now, and KC might not have anyone to throw to besides Kelce.

Reactions: JLoad22
Agree with the last part. Bengals will be fine but got decimated by Oline injuries.

However, be careful when playing the injury game. Bills didn't have Von Miller and their pass rush/run D was awful because of it. Jets lost to the Bengals earlier in the season because Flacco was our QB. We finished out our season without our two best offensive line players and our starting RB. And as I'm just about to say ".. but the Chiefs were healthy".. I just saw their injuries from last night.

Almost every team is going into the playoffs with guys down. It's whichever one is least injured that will likely prevail. It's why I think the Eagles might steamroll the chiefs. Philly is pretty healthy right now, and KC might not have anyone to throw to besides Kelce.
I know other teams have injuries. My issue with the injuries isn't that they happened as they could have happened at any point. My issue is they happened in a game where those players could have sat out if the NFL followed their rules that were already in place for the situation they were facing. Maybe those players get injured in the playoff game against the Ravens or the Bills. They don't get injured in what would have been a meaningless last game of the regular season. I am not including Lael Collins in that either. He was injured against Patriots.

Reactions: dezyDeco
Yeah that whole situation got effed. I never thought the Bills had much of a chance in that 1st game either, and I think it was likely going to be a win for the Bengals.

That ain’t enough.

Just wait til they have to pay up to Keep Burrow. They won't be able to keep that team together.

Hope the Bengals can keep this team together. I think they would have won the Super Bowl just as I think the Chiefs will win and you'll be dealing with "Mahomes will be the GOAT" articles for months.

Maybe Joe B doesn't completely break the bank and can bank on some sponsorship deals to offset salary cap. I'll tell you this, no way Joe Montana's 49ers get four rings with a salary cap to worry about.

Just wait til they have to pay up to Keep Burrow. They won't be able to keep that team together.

When is some QB going to realize that if they take only a $20m salary, as opposed to $50m, that they can play on SUBSTANTIALLY more talented teams because of the cap situation, and therefore be in a better position to win superbowls, which will likely offer financial opportunities down the road to make up for the lost pay? Oh, and they'd likely put themselves much higher in the GOAT debate.

Brady kind of had the right idea, but if someone takes that a step further, it could totally break the system.
Look at the NFC game.. Brock Purdy and 2nd rounder Jalen Hurts.

When is some QB going to realize that if they take only a $20m salary, as opposed to $50m, that they can play on SUBSTANTIALLY more talented teams because of the cap situation, and therefore be in a better position to win superbowls, which will likely offer financial opportunities down the road to make up for the lost pay? Oh, and they'd likely put themselves much higher in the GOAT debate.

Brady kind of had the right idea, but if someone takes that a step further, it could totally break the system.
Look at the NFC game.. Brock Purdy and 2nd rounder Jalen Hurts.

Totally agree. I just don't believe Burrow is "in love" with being a Bengal. He'll probably stay if they pay him, but I can't see him sacrificing anything to stay there.

• Haha
Reactions: jameslee32
Or shit, I'd even go to the owner in a back room, and be like "Give me part stake in one of your companies that's worth $50m.. I'll take league minimum, and you use the savings to give me an offensive line that will protect me. We'll win 7 of the next 9 superbowls."

.. maybe that's against the rules lol.

But as some of these billioanre owners.. **** it. Take $20 million out of my bank account if it helps us win titles and gives me superbowls to my legacy,

Totally agree. I just don't believe Burrow is "in love" with being a Bengal. He'll probably stay if they pay him, but I can't see him sacrificing anything to stay there.
He grew up a couple hours away from Cincy in Athens OH. From everything I have seen, he grew up a Bengals fan so your statement seems far from the truth.

Any of these players is one hit from their career being over. They would be foolish to do anything other than agree to a boatload of guaranteed money.

Reactions: Catman100
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT