NFL Draft Round 2 LukaszObrzut vs. drcats2013

Who would win head to head

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DraftCat

Senior
Nov 5, 2011
Welcome players to the first ever All-Time NFL Draft. Playoff Bracket

The object of the draft was to build a team of past and current NFL players to beat your opposition in a 1 game playoff (SuperBowl)

Voters please vote on who you best felt accomplished that goal. You will have 2 days and will be able to change your vote if the discussion sways your decision.

@LukaszObrzut

Offense

QB: Patrick Mahomes
RB: Bo Jackson
WR: James Lofton
WR: Michael Thomas
WR: Hines Ward
TE: Mike Ditka
C: Maurkice Pouncey
RG: Marshal Yanda
LG: Quenton Nelson
LT: Jonathan Ogden
RT: Forrest Gregg

Defense

CB: Mel Blount
CB: Ronnie Lott
SS: Kam Chancellor
FS: Earl Thomas
LB: NaVorro Bowman
LB: Luke Kuechly
LB: Bobby Wagner
DT: Mean Joe Greene
DT: Mr Cowboy Bob Lilly
DE: Khalil Mack
DE: Jason Taylor

vs.

@drcats2013

Offense

QB- Peyton Manning
RB- LaDanian Tomlinson
WR- Marvin Harrison
WR- A.J. Green
WR- Wes Welker
TE- Travis Kelce
LT- Anthony Munoz
LG- Brian Waters
C- Jason Kelce
RG- Zack Martin
RT- Rayfield Wright

Defense

CB- Charles Woodson
CB- Jalen Ramsey
SS- Daren Woodson
FS- Sean Taylor
ROLB- Derrick Thomas
MLB- Patrick Willis
LOLB- Clay Matthews
RE- Jared Allen
DT- Warren Sapp
DT- Ndamukong Sug
LE- Robert Mathis

Good luck @drcats2013 always nice to have others that enjoy doing these as much as myself.

With that being said,

On Offense-

I wanted to surround Mahomes with competitors and speed: Mahomes has proven that he has an uncanny ability to move in the pocket and make throws unlike any other so wanted to focus on getting mobility and athleticism on the line- Yes all teams have HOF caliber players but not all HOF caliber players fit well with each other.

I do believe I have put together a line built to protect the QB- but also pull out and be a terror for Bo Jackson on the sweep

*Forrest Gregg who led the famous Lombardi Sweep- and is arguably the greatest OL on the right side of the ball.

The rest of the OL speaks for themselves- historically great at their position- Ogden is one of the reasons you see LT getting paid so highly- Nelson first OL since 40's getting 1st team All Pro in first two years--

The combination of wingspan, agility and athleticism make for great pass protection and run blocking

Defense- combination of Steel Curtain and Legion of Boom- Once again i wanted length and physical secondary- to go with linebackers that have proven to be able to stay with athletes in coverage

You have Chancellor who will help even more with run defense- see post further down on his impact on big games

The strength of the defense is Mr Cowboy and Mean Joe Greene- and no other team has a combination quite like those two together-

Blount and Lott match up well with Wayne and Green-

I think the size of my DL will cause trouble to a QB that will not move outside of the pocket.

Last edited:
Reactions: drcats2013
Bo Jackson on the sweep behind Gregg- will be something to see-

You add the arm of Patrick Mahomes- with plenty of time to pass- speed in Lofton- and guys that knows how to run routes in Thomas and Ward-

Thomas- led the league two years in reception even when everyone knows he's getting the ball
Ward- like Thomas can play in the slot or outside- pure competitor and player that every championship team has- will not see him running out of bounds.

Peyton Manning- what’s there to say. The best passer of the football in NFL history, for my money. Only two Super Bowls, but aside from Brady and possibly Montana there’s no other QB I’d want managing a stacked team like this.

LaDanian Tomlinson- one of the best two way backs in NFL history. In his best season he put up over 1800 rushing yards, 31 total TDs and 500 yards receiving and with Peyton at the helm, he shouldbe hitting 6 yards per carry in this offense. Damn I wish I had him in fantasy football that year..

WRs- Marvin Harrison is one of the best receivers to ever do it, and has just a bit of chemistry with my QB. AJ Green put up some crazy numbers with a mediocre quarterback. Considered a top 5 receiver for about a 5 year stretch, with Peyton at the helm he could go to the next level. Then there’s Wes Welker, the greatest slot receiver of all time, who had wonderful chemistry with Peyton when he was a shell of himself in Denver. Prime Wes in this offense would feast

Travis Kelce- 22 yards away from his 5th straight 1000 yard season, when no other TE has ever had more than 4 in their career (Gronk would have if not for injury). He’s the best in the game today, and very well may go down as the all time greatest when his career is over. His numbers are ridiculous and he’s a hell of a blocker, too.

Offensive line- led by the GOAT Anthony Munoz, Peyton and LT should have all the time in the world to create for my offense.

I truly do not see a better offensive unit in this draft, and my defense is pretty damn good, too. Will break it down as I get a little more time.

Can you imagine a HOF WR 6'3 World Class Athlete Track Star- with Patrick Mahomes? Yea it's an unstoppable combination- that's what you get with James Lofton.

Then you add the speed of Bo Jackson- looking to get the edge behind Gregg>

Hines Ward & Michael Thomas are perfect compliments to a guy that is known for big explosive plays in Lofton.

I know for a fact the DL can slow down Peyton Manning-
Mean Joe Greene and Bob Lilly need some respect- these guys are athletic DT are all time top at that position-
(Mack 6'3, Lilly 6'5, Greene 6'5, Taylor 6'6) for a QB that doesn't move the greatest all it takes is one deflection at the line to change the game- I think this unit can do that.

Lofton was 1st team All Pro with a guy that only lasted ONE year in the league-

But Lofton’s most impressive achievements related directly to his ability to consistently get deep. In 11 of his 16 seasons, Lofton had at least one reception of 50 yards or more, including six seasons where he scored from at least 71 yards away.

Last edited:
Few players impacted games more than Chancellor, who struck fear in opponents each week due to his hard-hitting nature and changed how offenses tried to attack the Seahawks. Look no further than Super Bowl XLVIII.

Led by quarterback Peyton Manning, Denver entered the contest boasting one of the most explosive offenses in NFL history. The Broncos established a new league record by scoring 606 points during the 2013 regular season, averaging nearly 38 points per game.

But after Chancellor sent a message by leveling receiver Demaryious Thomas on a shallow crosser early in the first quarter, the Broncos rarely tried to complete passes to the middle of the field. And when Manning tried to hit tight end Julius Thomas down the seam later in the quarter, guess who picked him off? Chancellor.

The only difference is you add legends in Blount and Lott to the mix- good luck going against this secondary.
I can argue between linebackers, defensive line and defensive backs I have one of the more flexible defensive units that can adjust to many different offensive looks.

This one's really close for me. It's interesting how both squads went with players who have obvious chemistry with one another. Lukas has the Legion of Boom (Wagner, Thomas, Chancellor) defensively while the Dr. has Manning and Harrison. I think what's pushing me slightly towards Lukas is having the Mean Joe/Mr. Cowboy combo at defensive tackle as well as Mel Blount and Ronnie Lott (maybe the best DB of all-time) in the secondary to go with Thomas and Chancellor.

Reactions: LukaszObrzut
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT