ADVERTISEMENT

N'Faly Dante ineligible

Fairly big blow, but it looks like he still is trying to get eligible for the Spring semester. If so he really won’t miss that much.

Also, of note: we may have lucked out on N’Faly Dante. Travis Graff said on the Katscan Podcast last week that at that time he had not been declared “eligible” at Oregon and that by next month he may not be allowed to play this year. That one could be ANOTHER potential blessing in disguise for Cal...

I mentioned this yesterday. Jack Pilgrim and Travis Graff were all over early last week—good for those two. And good on Cal!

A lot of people like to talk about the guys he [Cal] didn’t get, but man, those same people need to speak about all the guys we didn’t need! Another blessing in disguise...

Reactions: TopCatCal
If he plays in the spring he can contribute. He won't do much there anyways...and then will leave and probably not make it long in the NBA. He seems rather raw so we shall see.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Fairly big blow, but it looks like he still is trying to get eligible for the Spring semester. If so he really won’t miss that much.

Maybe, but that's a lot of games to miss as a freshman, if he still wants to make an impact. Oregon's tournament odds took a hit, for sure.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Maybe, but that's a lot of games to miss as a freshman, if he still wants to make an impact. Oregon's tournament odds took a hit, for sure.

Again, I didn’t say it meant nothing. I just said it means less than permanently ineligible, which was the way I read the subject title. That’s on me, I guess.

I'm missing something... Why exactly is he ineligible?
Yeah, I am not sure either. "NCAA missed his clearance date". Not sure what that means exactly but when it is worded like that, the blame seems to fall on the NCAA if he completed his HS requirements and did everything he was told to do. Not sure, though.

Need some more details.

I still would have accepted his commitment even if it meant he weren’t going to be eligible until the spring. I’m not sure I’m on board with all you guys talking about dodging a bullet here.
Difference is at Oregon he might be illegible by the second semester, If he signed at UK , it would have been for the entire year with out a doubt !

Probably just a coincidence that he was pushed to Oregon by his handlers and now he happens to be ineligible.

I also don't think Cal "dodged" anything here. We wanted him, we didn't get him.

I also want more details. How many hundreds of players have reclassified throughout the years? I don't think I've ever heard of a kid not being able to play because the NCAA missed the clearance deadline.

Also: For my own curiousity--if the NCAA doesn't clear you to play--can you not go to class the first semester?

I wonder if they're keeping him out of classes/or he's keeping himself out of classes to avoid grade issues/having to work.

Cal didn't "dodge" him. Just because a kid has no intentions in coming here doesn't mean we didn't want the kid. That whole "because of Peach Jam" scenario was dreamt up.

He definitely did “dodge” him (that’s incorrect btw ...no reason to put quotations around dodge, grammatically speaking)

I get that you like to be contrary and I will even buy that you’re a fan but doesn’t it get old? You spend a lot of time on here and always seem to be upset and pissy when it comes to UK basketball.

Hobbies are supposed to be pleasurable, ya know?

Reactions: Fox2monk
Also: For my own curiousity--if the NCAA doesn't clear you to play--can you not go to class the first semester?

I wonder if they're keeping him out of classes/or he's keeping himself out of classes to avoid grade issues/having to work.
NCAA clearance has nothing to do with the ability to go to class. Assumption here on my part, but since Oregon just started classes on September 30th, I doubt that jives with when you need to be cleared by the NCAA. He might have taken that long to finally get all requirements done to reclassify.

Yep. This kid doesn't deserve any hate or backlash however a adult involved with his recruitment should be ashamed of themselves
I agree with this, the kid listened to the wrong person, and mostly likely that person had his hand out , or new he wouldn't have control to better himself at the kids expense.

Reactions: ScrooDook92
In cal I trust. I do think it was a coincidence he was ruled ineligible. That’s not to say he would of been ruled eligible here.

ADVERTISEMENT