ADVERTISEMENT

Next time Duke, Kansas, UNC, or UL are losing a game...

It wouldn't be funny if it didn't happen every time. They're losing. *Rafters poster has to run and tell everyone like they're the only ****ing one watching*. Hated team comes back to win.

It's at least a 90% win percentage for the hated team since I started keeping count last March, including UNC's title game.

Last year I noticed a top team was losing, can't remember who it was, but I started a thread asking everyone to NOT START A THREAD ABOUT ANYTHING GOING ON RIGHT NOW. As soon as I posted it someone had already started a thread about the team that was losing. Said team ended up coming back to win.

Better teams almost always come back to win.

Some of our fans are idiots to dismiss the odds of the lesser team pulling the upset. Best threads are when some imbecile posts a “Mt. St. Mary is beating UNC” type thread, only to leave out the part that the game’s only 8 minutes into the first half.

Plus, it makes us look more schizophrenic as a fanbase than we actually are.

But only slightly.

I don't think we have the power to control how games turn out.

giphy.gif

Duke is never losing a game during the game. Even when they are behind, they aren’t losing. Everyone should know that by now. K is in control, just teasing the other team.

Reactions: ManitouDan
Similar to this thread is the half-time reports. I can't count how many times last year a poster would excitedly report a half time score of a rival or SEC competitor on the losing end. Unless it is a 20 point margin someone needs to explain to those posters that halftime scores are often meaningless.

It wouldn't be funny if it didn't happen every time. They're losing. *Rafters poster has to run and tell everyone like they're the only ****ing one watching*. Hated team comes back to win.

It's at least a 90% win percentage for the hated team since I started keeping count last March, including UNC's title game.
In all fairness, there have been many times that I got busy with life, but checked on here and was made aware of a good game to watch by someone posting one of those threads u speak of. (Idc how busy I am, I check this board any spare moment I get)

do not start a thread about it at any point. Thanks in advance. Much appreciated.

- Everyone

The problem with this theory is that our posts have absolutely no effect on any of the games. The outcome of each game turns on the actions of the players on their respective courts. So as strange as this might seem, nothing else impacts the results.

The problem with this theory is that our posts have absolutely no effect on any of the games. The outcome of each game turns on the actions of the players on their respective courts. So as strange as this might seem, nothing else impacts the results.
I think the real issue is the trash talking and gloating
Check out the thread titles sometime, and some of the responses

A game thread is no big deal, it’s the stupidity that often accompanies it

Cry a river Col. Anus. Its not like they’re trolling the board with those threads. They’re excited. You give starting a thread way too much power. I bet you have an underground bunker.

I have no bunker. House too small. I'm a poor.

The problem with this theory is that our posts have absolutely no effect on any of the games.

False. Or else there wouldn't be a 100% jinx rate since the beginning of time. Learn jinxes.

just a friendly reminder to not be "that guy" tonight. Please and thank you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT