ADVERTISEMENT

Next 2018 commit

Anyone hazard a guess?
I have tried before to guess the next commit, but I am usually wrong. LOL! Especially this time of year. Sometimes it is easier to guess the next commit when we get into December. I think this class will emphasize our entire defense, receivers, offensive line. At some point, I expect Xavier Peters and Tyler Baylor to commit to us. Hope that eventually proves out.

Reactions: midniter
I have tried before to guess the next commit, but I am usually wrong. LOL! Especially this time of year. Sometimes it is easier to guess the next commit when we get into December. I think this class will emphasize our entire defense, receivers, offensive line. At some point, I expect Xavier Peters and Tyler Baylor to commit to us. Hope that eventually proves out.

Certainly hope you're right BD re Peters/Baylor. They would be huge gets. Thought maybe Peters was close to committing at one time but just this week cut his list of schools....down to TEN so he seems pretty far off.

Certainly hope you're right BD re Peters/Baylor. They would be huge gets. Thought maybe Peters was close to committing at one time but just this week cut his list of schools....down to TEN so he seems pretty far off.
For Stoops, our 2018 class most likely emphasizes receivers, offensive line, and our entire defense. So far, it is heavily defense, especially if McCall is developed as a defensive lineman as rumored in the press. I think we eventually get Xavier Peters from LWHS. UK pipeline, same school that produced John Connor, GAA, Meadows, Bentley. But I doubt Peters will commit this month. Probably waits till August or the fall. We have a great shot to sign Tyler Baylor if he remains a Marrow priority. At the end of the day, we are more likely this year to see new names on UK's radar in the fall. Stoops is now recruiting for the 1st time during winning seasons. With a bowl season in 2016 and another coming in 2017, our coaches will have more recruiting traction during the fall than they have had before.

For Stoops, our 2018 class most likely emphasizes receivers, offensive line, and our entire defense. So far, it is heavily defense, especially if McCall is developed as a defensive lineman as rumored in the press. I think we eventually get Xavier Peters from LWHS. UK pipeline, same school that produced John Connor, GAA, Meadows, Bentley. But I doubt Peters will commit this month. Probably waits till August or the fall. We have a great shot to sign Tyler Baylor if he remains a Marrow priority. At the end of the day, we are more likely this year to see new names on UK's radar in the fall. Stoops is now recruiting for the 1st time during winning seasons. With a bowl season in 2016 and another coming in 2017, our coaches will have more recruiting traction during the fall than they have had before.

One of the more intriguing recruits to me is 4* DE Daniel Parker Jr from the KC area who'll be visiting soon. His quickness jumps off the screen of his film. Not sure but think he's a Clinkscale guy.

Didn't square release a top ten like a day or two before committing to UK? Those lists rarely mean anything.

Didn't square release a top ten like a day or two before committing to UK? Those lists rarely mean anything.
It's June. At this time of year, Stoops has given out 5-10 times as many scholarship offers as he can actually sign in the class. Some players want to get their recruiting over with before school starts. Others want to wait. A lot of times, it's hard to tell which is which. Exhibit A is Blue Smith, an Ohio player many of our fans insisted would commit to UK this spring. But Smith will probably end up as a fall OSU commitment. It's hard to tell from their tweets and interviews, because players often aren't transparent. Why should they be? It's their life. Apparently, Square wanted to get it over with. Important get for us. This year, I believe there will be lots of big developments in Stoops' recruiting class in the fall.

It's June. At this time of year, Stoops has given out 5-10 times as many scholarship offers as he can actually sign in the class. Some players want to get their recruiting over with before school starts. Others want to wait. A lot of times, it's hard to tell which is which. Exhibit A is Blue Smith, an Ohio player many of our fans insisted would commit to UK this spring. But Smith will probably end up as a fall OSU commitment. It's hard to tell from their tweets and interviews, because players often aren't transparent. Why should they be? It's their life. Apparently, Square wanted to get it over with. Important get for us. This year, I believe there will be lots of big developments in Stoops' recruiting class in the fall.

Pretty sure Smith made a return trip to Columbus this weekend.

For Stoops, our 2018 class most likely emphasizes receivers, offensive line, and our entire defense.
We've already made QB a high priority & we best make RB one too as BJS may well be gone after '18 depending on this year and we're not that deep there.

We've already made QB a high priority & we best make RB one too as BJS may well be gone after '18 depending on this year and we're not that deep there.
Those things are true, and I'm not suggesting other positions will be neglected. Successful coaches don't do that. But this class is heavily defense, especially considering rumors from multiple media sources that Stoops recruited McCall as a defensive tackle.

Supposedly Traynor committed to the coaches this week but wanted to go home and talk to mom about it before going public.

I'd guess Upshaw or Peters.

Lord if Peters committed, every team east of the Mississippi would be talking about us.

Reactions: mattrudd
I still am holding out a little hope for Blue Smith but it doesnt look good. Until he commits though you never know. Im guessing Traynor and Upshaw would be the next 2 most likely to commit. I think both will be Cats within the next few weeks.

Traynor will be next, IMO. Hopefully CMS magically follows Traynor up with Xavier Peters, Blue Smith, and Justice Dingle...

That's the dream trio on UK's recruiting board right now, if I were to guess. As far as interested recruits that could be convinced to commit real quick if told what they need to hear.

What's up with UK and Leonard Taylor? Haven't seen them tied together in several weeks.

So what happened with Peters? He committed but did he decommit? Is he still considering us?

The latest reports are that Peters is still committed. He's on the Rivals list on the home page, and was never taken off of it.

Peters wants to play for UK, which is why he verballed. It is likely that someone inside his family might be trying to talk him out of his commitment.

ADVERTISEMENT