ADVERTISEMENT

New York Post Article this morning

Re: New York Post Article this mourning

Tipton on steroids or in simpler terms, an over paid elitist asshat.

Thanks for the post. This type of article you often see in local newspapers where there is a writer who each week has to do a "witty" editorial. They typically are steeped in sarcasm like this one and point out some issue that the writer questions. Yes, you can argue that everyone wants top recruits, or that he ignored his own local team, or whatever. But, there is a point beyond the sarcasm and I guess because Kentucky is at the top of the heap we get the attention. It is true that many top recruits come to a college program for the basketball program and not the academics. OK, we get it! Typical, of the writer they focus on a team rather than the entire NCAA and NBA institutional set up. I read the NCAA is a BILLION dollar corporation. So, whatever generates revenue is at the bottom of all of this, not Kentucky, not Cal, and not the kids.

It's Phil Mushnik...he isn't worth the firing of a single brain synapse. Please don't click/read this douche. Here is an example of his most famous article complaining about Jay Z getting involved with the Nets...

"Why the Brooklyn Nets when they can be the New York N---s? The cheerleaders could be the Brooklyn B--hes or Hoes. Team logo? A 9 mm with hollow-tip shell casings strewn beneath."

Charles Barkley very openly calls the guy a scumbag. Sir Charles is right again.

Hmmmmm a librarian from Pikeville that can't spell morning with a low post count giving some hater's article attention and clicks hmmmmmmmm

Yes I am from Pikeville & YES I misspelled a word you ass hat. Did I spell that correctly? I also have a BS in education and a masters in library science and I graduated summa cum laude with a 4.0. Do I need to forward my transcripts to you? Or did that whole Eastern Kentucky geographical stereotype just blind you to that fact?

Anyway, I did not post this article to give "haters" clicks. Hiding yours eyes to the fact that UK gets negative press is delusional. It's the NYP not some rabid idiots blog. I thought the article was contemptuous & obnoxious. I just wanted my fellow UK fans to read just how venomous this article is and how ironic it's written in what will no doubt be a historical season for UK.

Excuse me. Sometimes we educated "Hillbillies" actually read! Thanks for the props! (dripping with sarcasm)
This post was edited on 3/20 11:13 AM by librarian95

The article is a confused mess of Mushnick's dislikes, and he never bothers to make a point.

For example, UK athletes are not students; UK doesn't hide that fact; and Mushnick doesn't like that. UNC pretends its athletes are students by sending them to fake classes; Roy Williams is a liar and knew all about it; and Mushnick doesn't like that, either.

The only thing I got from the article is that Mushnick wants the good old days back, when students athletes were students first; the cows were in the barn by 5pm, and the Saturday Evening Post was hand delivered daily.

Originally posted by librarian95:
Yes I am from Pikeville & YES I misspelled a word you ass hat. Did I spell that correctly? I also have a BS in education and a masters in library science and I graduated summa cum laude with a 4.0. Do I need to forward my transcripts to you? Or did that whole Eastern Kentucky geographical stereotype just blind you to that fact?

Anyway, I did not post this article to give "haters" clicks. Hiding yours eyes to the fact that UK gets negative press is delusional. It's the NYP not some rabid idiots blog. I thought the article was contemptuous & obnoxious. I just wanted my fellow UK fans to read just how venomous this article is and how ironic it's written in what will no doubt be a historical season for UK.

Excuse me. Sometimes we educated "Hillbillies" actually read! Thanks for the props! (dripping with sarcasm)
chairshot.r191677.gif

Excuse me, we prefer to be called "Appalachian Americans."

Welcome to the board 95 where if you make a mistake, misspell a word, have an opinion someone doesn't like, all the big tough computer nerds try to make you look small. Welcome aboard.

Appalachian Americans! Fabulous term brother. Since I've got Clay and Laurel County roots - and I'm pretty well educated and, Im told, articulate, so I will wear the moniker with pride:-D

At least he likes Cal better than lying Roy.
wink.r191677.gif

Williams' claim of surprise and ignorance? Most of us, as a matter of applied common sense, could tell if a late-teen will make a minimally legitimate college student by spending, oh, 10 minutes chatting with him.

But Williams - 36 years coaching college ball, making millions in the process - spends seven straight months of every year with his recruits and has no idea if they needed a little "help" to get by, to make it to sophomore?

Gimme Calipari and Kentucky before that!

ADVERTISEMENT