ADVERTISEMENT

New UK Nike Logo

MWes11

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2012
Kentucky Athletics ‏@UKAthletics 17m17 minutes ago
The #BBN is amazing. We wanted to wait to show off our new UK logo, but nothing gets past you. #WeAreUK #thanksnike

CDxKyffUIAA3XpL.jpg

Someone help me out here. What am I missing besides the checkered sideline? Is the actual logo different at all?

Yeah I don't see it either. Maybe the white outline wasn't there before. Maybe the letters are a slightly different font.

Nike is so original

The K appears to be a different font. More of a horizontal slant in the middle.

Yep different font and slightly closer together/condensed.

Prefer the other myself - how about a throw back logo with merchandise Nike.

The K in the interlocking UK symbol is hideous. I like the lettering in each endzone. It looks sharp but if there are plans to make the UK logo at midcourt the new logo, someone needs to scrap that and fast.

Reactions: UKDUNK
Looks like a 1st grader came up with it just like that stupid Bengals B! Looks like Junk need to get it fixed with a Wildcat in logo. We are the wildcats are we not?

I know this is a basketball board, but how sweet would it be if they put the out of bounds lines as the endzones for the new turf in commonwealth stadium?

The person who thought this was neat needs to be fired immediately! The old interlocking UK is much cleaner, nicer, more modern, etc. Just pitiful. Do we have to hire IU graduates to design this stuff?

Go Big Blue!

Most animal logos, and all of our past wildcat logos, look lame. Quit changing them! Not a thing wrong with the interlocking UK they just tweaked ( for what purpose? )

Not a thing wrong with the interlocking UK they just tweaked ( for what purpose? )

Because now, even though the change is slight, people will recognize if you are wearing old stuff... so now you have to go out and buy all new stuff or you're a cheapskate that wears old gear.

That said, this new change pretty much cements April as the worst month ever.

They better not change the floor in Rupp to that logo. I like the checkered outline but the new font on all the lettering sucks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT