ADVERTISEMENT

New turf?

They won’t, don’t worry about that. They’re going with the same turf that’s on the Citrus Bowl field.
I think right now, they have Warrior Turf. Lot's of great stadiums have that. Looks like the Citrus Boal is Astroturf. Both make really good products.

Turf looks awful on TV during a sunny noon game. Usually at SEC games so no biggie there, but whoever said the field looked like crap toward the latter part of the season is koo-koo. No matter how it looks, turf looks like a cheap high school field.

Eastern Washington! The inferno!

Central Arkansas has an alternating purple and silver field. Eastern Michigan is just GRAY. The entire field. Threw me for a loop when I watched it on TV. I thought color processing on my TV went bad!

Coastal Carolina has the teal field.

Seen all of them except central Arkansas. I am ok with coastal and the gray. But that red one is something else.

Yeah, but how many Sicilian’s are making that sacrifice?

Anyhow, how old is our surface? Six years? Seven years?

Is it worn out, already?
I think our turf was installed Year after Stoops came as all the new renovations were promised! So 9 years old? I think most turf life’s are 10 years…

whoever said the field looked like crap toward the latter part of the season is koo-koo.
I won’t bother looking up the 1993 mud bowl verses the G5 team we beat 6-3, to “propel” us to our only bowl under Bill Curry, but I assure you, there were seasons passed when the natural surface got too wet, too pummeled (and when we had Bermuda Grass) too frost bitten to look like much.

In the early 2000’s, more than a million was spent subsurfacing the entire field, several feet, deep, and altering the drainage, all the way to the “bridge” at Nicholasville Road. I knew a young man with the stadium crew of the day who claimed the field could sustain 15 inches of rain in 12 hours without liquifying. I assumed those efforts of 15-20 years ago would be the end of the notion of carpet at Kroger field.,

I won’t bother looking up the 1993 mud bowl verses the G5 team we beat 6-3, to “propel” us to our only bowl under Bill Curry, but I assure you, there were seasons passed when the natural surface got too wet, too pummeled (and when we had Bermuda Grass) too frost bitten to look like much.

In the early 2000’s, more than a million was spent subsurfacing the entire field, several feet, deep, and altering the drainage, all the way to the “bridge” at Nicholasville Road. I knew a young man with the stadium crew of the day who claimed the field could sustain 15 inches of rain in 12 hours without liquifying. I assumed those efforts of 15-20 years ago would be the end of the notion of carpet at Kroger field.,
That game was against East Carolina and it was pure mud between the 20s...

Not to mention all the extra efforts that have to go into cleaning the uniforms. If that really even matters anymore though. They have a different Uni for every game now it seems like.

My only request is that the TINY UK emblem at mid-field be enlarged DRAMATICALLY!!!

It seems like it’s the smallest in all of college football and looks PITIFUL!!!

I would love to see an outline of Kentucky around a UK emblem that went from 45 to 45!!!

I agree!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT