ADVERTISEMENT

New training facility and Stephen Johnson putting in work

Feb 15, 2005
Got a tour of the training facility today as part of a conference for volunteer clinical staff for the university. Was absolutely amazed with how pampered our players are in this new place. Every fine detail of that place is truly state of the art. Had dinner and drinks in the woodford reserve area of the stadium and stepped out onto the paddock area and to my joy watched as Stephen Johnson came out on the field of commonwealth solo. He was working on footwork and looked extremely athletic and agile in the drills he was running for himself. I Got pumped watching him put in work on his own time. Have a good feeling that he takes a major step this coming season.

Got a tour of the training facility today as part of a conference for volunteer clinical staff for the university. Was absolutely amazed with how pampered our players are in this new place. Every fine detail of that place is truly state of the art. Had dinner and drinks in the woodford reserve area of the stadium and stepped out onto the paddock area and to my joy watched as Stephen Johnson came out on the field of commonwealth solo. He was working on footwork and looked extremely athletic and agile in the drills he was running for himself. I Got pumped watching him put in work on his own time. Have a good feeling that he takes a major step this coming season.
Does Stephen look bigger?

My wife was at that meeting also and we really enjoyed seeing the Training Facility. It quite impressive indeed.

His short to intermediate game could use some work, but he throws one of the best deep balls we've seen since Woodson. And I love it.

Reactions: JasonRDunn
His short to intermediate game could use some work, but he throws one of the best deep balls we've seen since Woodson. And I love it.
Ball security and intermediate game...I'm sure he's getting plenty of work on both. Love SJ'S attitude and my guess he is putting in the extra time and effort to improve on his weaknesses...I'm excited for next season.

Reactions: JasonRDunn
Hurtz, Hertz, however he spells is amazing, but he's young. He may have a sophomore slump, and most of the big dogs left this year. Johnson has great touch on the deep ball, enough mobility to keep from getting squashed by SEC defenders. He limits turnovers and just gets consistent with short timing routes and we have a good-great QB on our hands. He went 7-3 for us last season and was tiny and making a huuuuuge leap from JuCo to the most dominate conference. I like our odds with him at the helm.

I guess what I'm saying is, there's potential for him to be one of the best, if not the best, QB in the SEC. Emphasis on potential though.

A bigger, sturdier, stronger, faster version of Stephen would be awesome. I also hope that he a step quicker than he was before. When he scrambled, I was always waiting for him to turn on the jets, but it just seemed like he didn't have that extra gear.

Im already pumped to see how our improvements will pay off this season !!

A bigger, sturdier, stronger, faster version of Stephen would be awesome. I also hope that he a step quicker than he was before. When he scrambled, I was always waiting for him to turn on the jets, but it just seemed like he didn't have that extra gear.

Im already pumped to see how our improvements will pay off this season !!
SJ is plenty quick just has a pretty effortless stride that looks like he is gliding.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT