ADVERTISEMENT

New Staff Recruiting Performance

bowfreak

Sophomore
Mar 26, 2009
The new staff seems like a breath of fresh air for the program. It seems they are tirelessly recruiting. That being said, what do you think the end result will be?

Will UK start to eat first again in 23 and beyond or are we going to see a continuation of our recent recruiting history?

Reactions: RunninRichie
The new staff seems like a breath of fresh air for the program. It seems they are tirelessly recruiting. That being said, what do you think the end result will be?

Will UK start to eat first again in 23 and beyond or are we going to see a continuation of our recent recruiting history?
The jury is still out. Cal's biggest problem recently has been missing on so many top target front court players. Does that significant issue continue or get fixed? Remains to be seen.

With the new staff it seems we are getting in contact and offering much earlier and I think this is going to help in a big way. In the past Cal and the old staff waited to long in offering some of the top players. Hopefully this will help in getting some of the top players.

Reactions: qwesley

Hard to imagine they are tirelessly recruiting given the strict limitations the NCAA has on the recruiting periods this offseason.

I haven't seen them achieve much of anything the previous staff wasn't doing ,yet. One top 10 guy has committed this year, pretty much average. Let's see how they finish, I am not very excited about the number of guys we are " in" with, let's see who we actually sign and get on campus( as that has become a problem of late).

I get the sense this group is much better than the last. We know O is proven and Chinn has proven his ability.
Turner has rave reviews. He’s appears to be a young energetic bright Payne. Players take to him and he worked for some great x&o guys. Like he knows the game and can teach. Bruiser is a well liked stable guy with ability. Like it.

Yeah I'm not sure about this yet. The results don't really reflect what you are saying at this point. Wait and see for me. I've always been an Antigua fan, so we'll see.
I haven't said anything other than I think they are working hard. I do think this staff has a different vibe than we have seen in the recent past. I am asking others that know recruiting if it will pay off.

I haven't said anything other than I think they are working hard. I do think this staff has a different vibe than we have seen in the recent past. I am asking others that know recruiting if it will pay off.
Fair. We will see!

We back!!! Well, we're on the way to similar results prior to the great fall.

I don’t think we’ll see a recruiting run like Cal’s early days, but I do think this current staff will do a way better job at evaluating certain team needs and personalities.
I think you’re exactly right on this. The correct way to look at recruiting success is what program won the most games over a period of time. The program with the “No. 1 recruiting class” one year may not have necessarily even gotten close to doing the best recruiting job by this standard. Beyond where the recruits are ranked out of high school, I think it’s just as important now in regard to recruiting to know how well a staff recruits the transfer portal? How well they retain players that can help the team going forward? How well they identify and bring in high school players that project to have a good chance of developing into high level college players as upperclassmen?

Our new staff getting after it.....

anigif_enhanced-19706-1424977768-34.gif

They could be recruiting their tails off impressing the talent we need, but I'm afraid NIL is going to be the wild card moving forward.

I'd still be angry too if my favorite school choked so enormously in the national title game after having a huge lead.

Does it haunt you in the middle of the night?
Not since we're getting basically the whole team back and projected to be #1 in the country. We have a good track record recently of falling short in the Final Four and coming back to win it all the next year. 2008 Final Four blowout, 2009 Championship. 2016 Kris Jenkins, 2017 Championship. 2022 3-pt Championship loss, 2023???

Plus we literally won the biggest rivalry game in the history of college basketball 2 nights prior when we ended Coach K's career. Our fans are still glowing about that game.

It's interesting you somehow interpreted a post about NCAA recruiting periods as being angry, when there wasn't even the slightest hint of anger in it. Seems obvious you are projecting. What is it you are so angry about that makes you lash out over such a benign comment? Something going on in your personal life? The 1186 days since UK last won a NCAA tournament game? I wish you best in dealing with your anger issues and hope you one day reach a point where you can read other people's posts without projecting your own anger into them.

Take care little buddy.

Not since we're getting basically the whole team back and projected to be #1 in the country. We have a good track record recently of falling short in the Final Four and coming back to win it all the next year. 2008 Final Four blowout, 2009 Championship. 2016 Kris Jenkins, 2017 Championship. 2022 3-pt Championship loss, 2023???

Plus we literally won the biggest rivalry game in the history of college basketball 2 nights prior when we ended Coach K's career. Our fans are still glowing about that game.

It's interesting you somehow interpreted a post about NCAA recruiting periods as being angry, when there wasn't even the slightest hint of anger in it. Seems obvious you are projecting. What is it you are so angry about that makes you lash out over such a benign comment? Something going on in your personal life? The 1186 days since UK last won a NCAA tournament game? I wish you best in dealing with your anger issues and hope you one day reach a point where you can read other people's posts without projecting your own anger into them.

Take care little buddy.
I only read the first sentence in this rebuttal before I grew bored and stopped.

How does that make you feel? You invested so much thought into this post and wrote multiple paragraphs, only to have me fade off and not care about your opinion.

Reactions: bluefaithful

Take care little buddy.
Did you know the preseason number #1 hasnt won it all since 08? And 4 have done it in the past 30 years. So I hope you really enjoy that preseason number 1 ranking.

UNC will be good, but they got extremely hot at the right time. I believe the chances of them having a UCLA 21-22 season is more likely than them taking the next step. I know Nance looks like a great replacement, but Manek ended up being a stone cold killer for them.

I only read the first sentence in this rebuttal before I grew bored and stopped.

How does that make you feel? You invested so much thought into this post and wrote multiple paragraphs, only to have me fade off and not care about your opinion.
His schtick is getting old.

Take care little buddy.
Yada yada yada,
Put your Runner up Banner next to your Bread Championships.
Anyway where do all you fans get your mullets when yall get a haircut?
I got a Family vacation and I have to drive thru N. Carolina and my mother in law needs a haircut something fierce

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT