ADVERTISEMENT

New Stadium?

those pictures are very old, much further along now, they have the central building behind home plate framed and are completing the stonework, and the left field stands and steel has been erected.

Reactions: Comebakatz3
Lots of progress lately. I have thought about taking some pix while driving by, but there’s still not a lot that looks like anything you’d recognize. It won’t be long for some major structural additions to be made.

Lots of progress lately. I have thought about taking some pix while driving by, but there’s still not a lot that looks like anything you’d recognize. It won’t be long for some major structural additions to be made.
Jeff , any chance they get this done ahead of schedule?

Will the new stadium have the same right field " party " deck for students?
If they don’t, they are missing the boat on fan participation. Some of the best times I have ever had at a baseball game was on that deck. We even duplicated the idea at our high school, and it became a huge hit.

Reactions: Comebakatz3
If they don’t, they are missing the boat on fan participation. Some of the best times I have ever had at a baseball game was on that deck. We even duplicated the idea at our high school, and it became a huge hit.

The renderings UK has released suggest that the area beyond the entire outfield wall will be accessible by fans . Appears that the ground level of the area behind the outfield walls will effectively be at or above the top of the outfield walls. Some areas shown as a wide concrete sidewalk, with some grass areas shown as well.

Surely UK has a plan for a fan friendly area for those students and other fans who like to stand and socialize during games like those who have congregated on the Cliff since that feature was added. In particular, hopefully UK has a plan for the students. I went to an LSU @ Ole Miss game a few years ago in Oxford, and the atmosphere there was absolutely incredible - 10k in attendance. Because of the way they did their seating, left field was a terraced area (similar to what you see down the right field line in UK's renderings and construction camera shots) that was open seating with fans able to bring their own chairs and coolers in (with beer, for those so inclined). Right field was the raucous student area, packed with students, and that was set up in a way that allowed students to have beer (in solo cups) as well -- you would see "beer showers" with kids chucking their solo cups in the air when Ole Miss hit a home run. There was a kid friendly area as well.

Reactions: wildblue4
Construction really taking shape, beginning to look like a stadium now. Going to be sweet!

imgres

ADVERTISEMENT