ADVERTISEMENT

New Series Southern Hoops (Part 1 Rupp) Tonight

For those interested in this series, Episode 6 is tonight and should cover the Tubby Smith years, with the finale next week covering the Calipari years.

The series defintely has become more enjoyable of late. I wrote companion pieces to Episode 4 (which covers the 1980s) and Episode 5 (covering the 1990s), mainly adding some more details with respect to UK. These are avaialble at the links below:

FWIW, I recently was able to watch Episodes I-III of the ACC tournament documentary series done by the same producer. That series covered primarily the ACC tournament and was 10 episodes in length, and because of that they were able to cover more information, although they focused primarily on the triangle schools (Duke, North Carolina and N.C. State). It's clear to me that while in general they do a fair job, and include some great footage, their grasp of history is rather poor, and many of the media people they interview don't really know much history either. But regardless, it's still enjoyable and for the most part informative.

Reactions: Cawood86
Solid episode tonight about Tubby coming to Kentucky and the 98 title team. Revenge over Dook. Hearing Mills xss say he would rather wear the Kentucky uniform and sit the bench for 4 years instead of going so where he would play for sure. Then FLs guys projected 1st rounders come back to repeat. Wow what a difference 20 years make.

Next Monday 2009 Cal arrives.

ADVERTISEMENT