ADVERTISEMENT

New Recruits Reporting Soon . . . . Will We Get 100%?

The-Hack

All-American
Oct 1, 2016
We have had 100% report to campus the last two seasons, with our worst "sweat" being with Lynn Bowden, last Summer/Fall.

I doubt we had ever had two years in a row with 100% reporting, due to all kinds of stuff, like the tragic death of a recruit from Tennessee in a car accident, 6 or 8 years ago, to the more usual and mundane issues, such as final grades.

It'll be interesting to see if Stoops and Co. can pull this rabbit from a hat three years in a row. Doing it, or getting damn close, is a testament to due diligence by the coaching staff during evaluations of recruits.

The only recruit I can remember being questionable this year was Peters. That's on FSU now. That is a pretty good track record, two years and counting.

Reactions: Dallas-Wild
The only recruit I can remember being questionable this year was Peters.

Yes, but in most years, there is a late casualty [or two] due to academic concerns arising late in the year, and [perhaps] completely unanticipated by the staff.

Yes, but in most years, there is a late casualty [or two] due to academic concerns arising late in the year, and [perhaps] completely unanticipated by the staff.
Yes, there isn't any way to predict this. But Stoops and Marrow have been pretty careful to sign guys who could qualify. They haven't taken very many risks.

Last edited:
I think the vast majority of kids signing everywhere will make it now days. With the rules in place that he counts even if he doesn't get in coaches have to be more careful and I think HS coaches are doing a better job of making sure the kids stay on pace to graduate and be qualified. With one safety net, prep schools are not a real option any longer, the only other option is JUCO. We had one in the 17 class who had to go JUCO for 1 class and got to Athens in Jan.., and 1 in 18 who I believe is going to grayshirt.. But I am sure we will be sweating another before June is over.

Oats had some grade problems, I believe it was all fixed and he straightened them out to end the school year.

In year's passed, we would be sweating 2-4 in June, and often lose 2 or 3.

Prior to Stoops, I'm convinced the staff took a four star, or two, each year they knew would not get eligible, just to have a four star or two on NSD.

And actually that wasn't as bad as it might seem, at least it showed that there were four stars that would consider us even if they weren't ever going to make it.

And actually that wasn't as bad as it might seem, at least it showed that there were four stars that would consider us even if they weren't ever going to make it.

Prior to Mullen State would have had a hard time fielding a team if it weren't for JUCO. But apparently the state of Mississippi has several JUCO who have football teams. Georgia has one Georgia Military which has sent quite a few kids to SEC schools around the conference. I am surprised there aren't some in Florida, but there isn't as far as I know, those kids who don't qualify end up scattered all around the country.

at least it showed that there were four stars that would consider us even if they weren't ever going to make it.

I think we were the only school willing to take their commits, back in the day, and we did so knowing they would have to go JUCO. Then we'd lose them after their JUCO days, 90% of the time.

One good sign is that we have heard no rumors of late arrivals, or sweating out a final grade. Might come tomorrow, but you'd think we would have heard some stuff by now.

Forums need a dislike or ‘thumbs down’ option. R E T A R D
Yep. TOS has the downvote option, plus a star and numerical rating for everyone. Downvotes drive the rating down obviously. It’s not perfect but over time it gives a sense of the poster’s credibility. The guy you quoted would likely have zero stars and a single-digit rating on TOS.

Reactions: BearBryantsWatch
Yep. TOS has the downvote option, plus a star and numerical rating for everyone. Downvotes drive the rating down obviously. It’s not perfect but over time it gives a sense of the poster’s credibility. The guy you quoted would likely have zero stars and a single-digit rating on TOS.
So, by your system, the more blind sunshine you pump, the greater the rating. If something is broke and honesty is needed, if it is honesty that exposes the coach, then no awards are given EVEN though it's justified.
No thanks.

My, my......
Sooooooo......
Is all this year's class here before we fire the coach for the next class that hasn't taken.a snap as a high school senior yet????
My my indeed. What kind of season do you think we will have? I will be watching to see how you react DURING the season when 95% of the board AGAIN, grows tired of Stoops brand of football.

Are you one of the many that predict 10-2, 8-4, but then say how bad we suck once things don't go our way?

Are you one of many that suffer Amnesia the ones that say, " I'm done" during the season yet forget again blow sunshine the next pre season?

Which is better? To be honest at all times, or be a hypocrite? My, my I will watch and I will call you out. But anyone that has football knowledge and understanding knows UK football is not about that life. We hope, we root, we want, we scream, yell, we cheer, but we KNOW the SEC is too much.
This is a message board by the way. If being honest is wrong, I NEVER wanna be right.

My my indeed. What kind of season do you think we will have? I will be watching to see how you react DURING the season when 95% of the board AGAIN, grows tired of Stoops brand of football.

Are you one of the many that predict 10-2, 8-4, but then say how bad we suck once things don't go our way?

Are you one of many that suffer Amnesia the ones that say, " I'm done" during the season yet forget again blow sunshine the next pre season?

Which is better? To be honest at all times, or be a hypocrite? My, my I will watch and I will call you out. But anyone that has football knowledge and understanding knows UK football is not about that life. We hope, we root, we want, we scream, yell, we cheer, but we KNOW the SEC is too much.
This is a message board by the way. If being honest is wrong, I NEVER wanna be right.

Well, even though you think we will only win four AGAIN why don't you predict say 7 or 8 so you can feel a lot better about getting a lot closer than you did last time. Less ridicule on here also.

I'd put you on ignore but you re so terrible at trolling, sometimes it's comical.
No trolling here. Why is it I get ridiculed by Jauk, you, others for only being honest and saying things you, and most on here will say during the season. Jauk I had to sign in, I've got you on ignore I believe because I can't see your comment but first, I care less obviously about being ridiculed. Second I really don't believe we beat UF, UT, SCAR, MIZZOU, A&M, MISS ST, UL, NOR UGA.
That's 8 losses. Mainly because SCAR, MIZZOU have blown past us last season and got waaay better while we actually got worse. Add on MIZZOU gets the best QB back in the SEC and I'm not seeing it.
So, it's a message board and it's here to talk about our feelings. There is no rule stating we have to just be silly as Alot do and predict 10-2 or even 8-4 when that's never happened in the history of the program more times than I can count one ONE HAND IN OVER 100 YEARS.
There has to be a reason why someone would predict such instead of just pulling it out of one's tail.

No trolling here. Why is it I get ridiculed by Jauk, you, others for only being honest and saying things you, and most on here will say during the season. Jauk I had to sign in, I've got you on ignore I believe because I can't see your comment but first, I care less obviously about being ridiculed. Second I really don't believe we beat UF, UT, SCAR, MIZZOU, A&M, MISS ST, UL, NOR UGA.
That's 8 losses. Mainly because SCAR, MIZZOU have blown past us last season and got waaay better while we actually got worse. Add on MIZZOU gets the best QB back in the SEC and I'm not seeing it.
So, it's a message board and it's here to talk about our feelings. There is no rule stating we have to just be silly as Alot do and predict 10-2 or even 8-4 when that's never happened in the history of the program more times than I can count one ONE HAND IN OVER 100 YEARS.
There has to be a reason why someone would predict such instead of just pulling it out of one's tail.

What was your win-loss prediction for the last two years? 4-8?

So, by your system, the more blind sunshine you pump, the greater the rating. If something is broke and honesty is needed, if it is honesty that exposes the coach, then no awards are given EVEN though it's justified.
No thanks.
In my system you can criticize the coaches and the decisions they make. I don’t like sunshine pumpers, but I dislike storm cloud pumpers even more. At this point you are emotionally invested in the FB team’s failure. No thanks.

ADVERTISEMENT