ADVERTISEMENT

New Radio Voice of Baseball Cats Announced

This guy is from my home town and must have been in high school in the area about the time I was. I'm completely baffled by this.

This guy is from my home town and must have been in high school in the area about the time I was. I'm completely baffled by this.
Sound like a good hire cb3...good resume and engaging voice. Only blot on that resume is that UT grad thing

It will be interesting to hear how he does. Anyone have any links to him calling some minor league games?

Maybe it's because he's from Maryville, but I'm kind of excited about him calling games. He has some very big shoes to fill.

It will be interesting to hear how he does. Anyone have any links to him calling some minor league games?

Maybe it's because he's from Maryville, but I'm kind of excited about him calling games. He has some very big shoes to fill.
Boys does he...

Has won awards calling minor league games. There are some clips online that I'll try to link tomorrow. Has been play by play for triple A Yankees affiliate (clip I found earlier was him calling a Judge HR). Should be a good one.

Reactions: Black Diamond Cat
This is fairly interesting though... I would imagine that at the very least, this is a lateral move for Darren. AAA minor league baseball is pretty high up there on the pecking order of places to be for a play-by-play guy. I might put men's basketball or football on par with it, but women's basketball and baseball are probably a step below that. So, this shows a really big commitment by UK baseball to continue to have some of the best play-by-play guys in the business. Very glad that we did this.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Has won awards calling minor league games. There are some clips online that I'll try to link tomorrow. Has been play by play for triple A Yankees affiliate (clip I found earlier was him calling a Judge HR). Should be a good one.
Looking forward to the clips...

ADVERTISEMENT