ADVERTISEMENT

New McDonalds chicken sandwiches

1a. Popeyes
1b. Chick-fil-A
3. Wendy’s
4. Zaxby’s
5. Aldi red bag chicken
85. Whatever I just ate from McDonalds. Not great. The original McChicken from the 90s (?) was better than this.

CFA is my go-to. I like both their regular and spicy. I tried the Popeye's spicy chicken. It was good, but not nearly spicy enough for me. I like the chicken itself to be spicy vs. relying on putting spicy sauce on a bun with regular chicken. I also agree about Popeye's service. It wasn't bad or unfriendly, just slow (drive thru), even during a non-rush time. 10 min. in a drive thru when I was the third car is too slow for fast food IMO.

I'll give Wendy's spicy chicken a thumbs-up in general. I like the flavor, but the size of the sammich is inconsistent.

Reactions: Mossip
CFA is my go-to. I like both their regular and spicy. I tried the Popeye's spicy chicken. It was good, but not nearly spicy enough for me. I like the chicken itself to be spicy vs. relying on putting spicy sauce on a bun with regular chicken. I also agree about Popeye's service. It wasn't bad or unfriendly, just slow (drive thru), even during a non-rush time. 10 min. in a drive thru when I was the third car is too slow for fast food IMO.

I'll give Wendy's spicy chicken a thumbs-up in general. I like the flavor, but the size of the sammich is inconsistent.
I tried the spicy chicken at Popeyes but I discovered what made it spicy was the sauce. Just depends on how much sauce they put on it. Mine was loaded. I now the get the regular chicken and to me it is by far the best.

Are Popeyes always in the worst parts of town? Or is that just by me? There's constantly police having to make arrests at the two that I know of.

Are Popeyes always in the worst parts of town? Or is that just by me? There's constantly police having to make arrests at the two that I know of.

Does market research lead Popeye's to build in bad neighborhoods or do neighborhoods decline because a Popeye's located there?

chicken/egg

I don't think so. We have three. One is in a somewhat sketchy part of town, but the other two aren't. The one back in Kingsport isn't. I haven't experienced bad service either. They got our order wrong once, but it was to the good. We got 2 spicy chikin sammidges and fries, but when we got home we found they had tossed another regular chikin sammidge in the bag.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
I don't think so. We have three. One is in a somewhat sketchy part of town, but the other two aren't. The one back in Kingsport isn't. I haven't experienced bad service either. They got our order wrong once, but it was to the good. We got 2 spicy chikin sammidges and fries, but when we got home we found they had tossed another regular chikin sammidge in the bag.

Hm, must just be in NY.

Even the KFCs have some locations in nice parts of town. I think every other chain does.

Funny story.. Our only Chick-Fil-A is at the Albany International airport (the next closest is like 100 miles away).. but it's behind the security check. The only way to get Chick-Fil-A is if you're actually flying into Albany or our of Albany.

.. so a local college cross country team bought the cheapest ticket they could, and sent in one guy to get a $250 order of Chick-Fil-A for 18 teammates. They each pitched in 5 bucks for the plane ticket. Brilliant.

Reactions: UpstateNYCat
Funny story.. Our only Chick-Fil-A is at the Albany International airport (the next closest is like 100 miles away).. but it's behind the security check. The only way to get Chick-Fil-A is if you're actually flying into Albany or our of Albany.

.. so a local college cross country team bought the cheapest ticket they could, and sent in one guy to get a $250 order of Chick-Fil-A for 18 teammates. They each pitched in 5 bucks for the plane ticket. Brilliant.

Currently $60 bucks for a OW ticket to Bmore, might be worth it if CFA is your thing. But that makes no GD sense to open one at the Airport and I believe it closes fairly early as well.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Currently $60 bucks for a OW ticket to Bmore, might be worth it if CFA is your thing. But that makes no GD sense to open one at the Airport and I believe it closes fairly early as well.

It's extremely dumb.. but Albany is an extremely dumb city.

I think out in Syracuse, they are getting their third CFA.. you got a bunch going out East in Mass. But none by us.

I'm not particularly a fan of it so it doesn't really matter to me, just know several southern transplants for Global miss it. Wife and I were excited when Sonic came here.

Didn't know about the ones being built in Syracuse, last one went stopped at was in north New Jersey not too far from NY/NJ state line on Hwy-17.

Last edited:
Tried new Crispy Chicken and Spicy Crispy Chicken sandwiches today from MCD. It's a near CFA clone all the way to the bag. Bread is a little bit drier. Larger pickles. Content nearly identical. Impressive for what it is. MCD put some work into this. I'll certainly buy again.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
Wendy's and Rallys spicy chicken sammiches....sticking to that gospel havent tried any of this newfangled madness

ADVERTISEMENT