ADVERTISEMENT

New McDonalds chicken sandwiches

screwduke1

All-American
Jul 29, 2016
Anyone try them yet? Had the spicy deluxe and its not bad. Will definitely get again.

Let me tell y'all something really effed up about immigrant labor. I visited Popeye's in north Austin that is located between Masterson and Rundberg. As long-time Austin residents are well-aware, we live in a f*cked-up part of town as far as crime and working-class go. At any rate, order kiosk at Popeye's drive-thru has been inoperative for many weeks. Customers must manually place orders at an attendant sitting beside the drive-thru menu. Attendent passes via iPad. This Latino gal was out there taking orders for Popeye's food. I casually said, "yes, much warmer today" (temps were in the mid-30s at the time I ordered). She said, "yes, much better. It was cold when I sit out here yesterday". Temperatures were in the 20s the previous day. I flipped her a five-dollar bill and said "Thank you".

My gosh.

White Castle has the best chicken sandwich by far.
36e176a8-7c95-449b-a5ce-f5c5082670bf

For me, it's the McChicken. The best fast food sandwich. I even ask for extra McChicken sauce packets and the staff is so friendly and more than willing to oblige.

One time I asked for McChicken sauce packets and they gave me three. I said, "Wow, three for free!" and the nice friendly McDonald's worker laughed and said, "I'm going to call you 3-for-free!".

Now the staff greets me with "hey it's 3-for-free!" and ALWAYS give me three packets. It's such a fun and cool atmosphere at my local McDonald's restaurant, I go there at least 3 times a week for lunch and a large iced coffee with milk instead of cream, 1-2 times for breakfast on the weekend, and maybe once for dinner when I'm in a rush but want a great meal that is affordable, fast, and can match my daily nutritional needs.

I even dip my fries in McChicken sauce, it's delicious! What a great restaurant.

Let me tell y'all something really effed up about immigrant labor. I visited Popeye's in north Austin that is located between Masterson and Rundberg. As long-time Austin residents are well-aware, we live in a f*cked-up part of town as far as crime and working-class go. At any rate, order kiosk at Popeye's drive-thru has been inoperative for many weeks. Customers must manually place orders at an attendant sitting beside the drive-thru menu. Attendent passes via iPad. This Latino gal was out there taking orders for Popeye's food. I casually said, "yes, much warmer today" (temps were in the mid-30s at the time I ordered). She said, "yes, much better. It was cold when I sit out here yesterday". Temperatures were in the 20s the previous day. I flipped her a five-dollar bill and said "Thank you".

My gosh.

Pics of Latino gal not loading. Can you try again, please?

People that get super into comparing fast food sandwiches to one another confuse the shit out of me. Do you guys go to all the gas stations and compare which ones have the best hot dogs?
Dude! There's some gastric bombs in KY -- and Texas for that matter -- equating to massive expulsions. True story. I'm talking eye-watering discharges unfit for human presence. Damn, and I thought my last colon cancer treatments were bad.

Popeyes chick sandwich is the best, but it doesn't compensate for the terrible service.

Zaxby's new sandwich is very good as well.

I knew Buc-ee’s had the best hot dog, but I had to google to find out exactly how good they are...

Answer: fn amazingly good

• The Texan Hot Dog: This one comes with this caveat--it's good, but not good to eat in a moving vehicle. This is a juicy hot dog with a Frito Pie dumped on top. Very messy, but oh so good.

• 2039396_052617ktrkbuceesfood5.JPG

This is a Buc-ee thread now. Not sorry.

For me, it's the McChicken. The best fast food sandwich. I even ask for extra McChicken sauce packets and the staff is so friendly and more than willing to oblige.

One time I asked for McChicken sauce packets and they gave me three. I said, "Wow, three for free!" and the nice friendly McDonald's worker laughed and said, "I'm going to call you 3-for-free!".

Now the staff greets me with "hey it's 3-for-free!" and ALWAYS give me three packets. It's such a fun and cool atmosphere at my local McDonald's restaurant, I go there at least 3 times a week for lunch and a large iced coffee with milk instead of cream, 1-2 times for breakfast on the weekend, and maybe once for dinner when I'm in a rush but want a great meal that is affordable, fast, and can match my daily nutritional needs.

I even dip my fries in McChicken sauce, it's delicious! What a great restaurant.

Covid-19 makes strange bedfellows.

I still love the Burger Kind Spicy Chicken Snadwhich they had.. maybe 10-12 years ago.. it was a spicy chicken breast WITH some sort of chemical-grade bright orange Buffalo sauce on top.

i promise you, just go to popeyes, chickfila, or kfc for theirs.. similarly priced and so much better.

I've tried the sandwich and it was like a 5 out of 10. just not worth it unless you need mcd's fries and not willing to go anywhere else for a chicken sandwich. in that case get the nugs... by far still better than their new chicken sandwich.

Reactions: PhDcat2018
A little Pro-Tip:

On a recent drive from Columbus, I stopped off at Mickey D’s for a soft serve cone (checking emails halfway) and they just *gave* me a chicken sandwich for free!

A worthwhile approach, IMO.

I knew Buc-ee’s had the best hot dog, but I had to google to find out exactly how good they are...

Answer: fn amazingly good

• The Texan Hot Dog: This one comes with this caveat--it's good, but not good to eat in a moving vehicle. This is a juicy hot dog with a Frito Pie dumped on top. Very messy, but oh so good.

• 2039396_052617ktrkbuceesfood5.JPG

This is a Buc-ee thread now. Not sorry.

Getting a bit of Lorena/John Bobbit vibe with that pic.

• Haha
Reactions: Punkin Puss
Haven't had McD's new sammiches but the few reviews I read weren't that kind. It's not that they thought they were bad.....just that if you're going enter a war of chicken sammiches against some heavy hitters then you have to bring it.

But for me, I do think Popeyes, CFA, and Wendy's are the best. I do wish that Popeye's had a "deluxe" option.....with some sort of sauce, tomato, lettuce, etc. The couple of times I had it, it was dry.

I am looking forward to trying Popeye's new fish sammich. Some are already claiming that they have already started the "fish wars."

I would describe the McDonald's chicken sandwich as a Chic fila's ugly cousin. Just like a hot girls ugly cousin. It's not your first choice but the bar is closing soon and the ugly cousin will do in a pinch.

Popeyes >>>>> CFA

Absolutely. While I like the CFA spicy chikin sammidge, it's not in the same universe as Popeye's. I've never gotten the love for CFA's chikin. Aside from their spicy chikin sammidge and sweet tea, the rest of their chikin is pretty bland.

ADVERTISEMENT