ADVERTISEMENT

NEW LOGO

Seems a lot of people like it. Myself included. It's different enough than the other schools and their logos. People need to put them side by side. Problem is, UK should have had a logo like this years ago.

Reactions: UK3K
or two birds mating, take your pick

2qlts9k.jpg

Reactions: Fostercat
I absolutely love it! I want a shirt, hat , poster, car magnet, everything. I honestly believe we now have the best logo in the country. Lots of people have a tough time with change. If you remember there were some people who were upset when the last logo got an update and that update was done in order to remove a penis from the logo. No logo in the world would be universally accepted.

Not very defining. I can't even tell what the hell it is. We should also rename ourselves the University of Kentucky Ink Splotches.

Reactions: sambowieshin
Think of it as a Wildcat logo cleverly formed out of two birds that are our natural prey - a Jayhawks and a Cardinal.

Man, I'm genuinely not a negative guy or anything, but that new logo is awful. I'm not a fan of the new UK at all, but that "Wildcat" makes it look like a masterpiece.

Also, the only reason I think some of our fans are defending it is solely because Nike made it. If Adidas made something like that, everyone would be ripping it to shreds.

In my eyes, UK should've went with the Wildcat and Power K below for this redesign. Both are timeless. They would've worked just as well twenty years ago or twenty years from now, whereas this new logo will become dated very quickly.

All in all, I think it was just a swing and a miss from Barnhart and Co.; a lot like most of his coaching hires.

Man, I'm genuinely not a negative guy or anything, but that new logo is awful. I'm not a fan of the new UK at all, but that "Wildcat" makes it look like a masterpiece.

Also, the only reason I think some of our fans are defending it is solely because Nike made it. If Adidas made something like that, everyone would be ripping it to shreds.

In my eyes, UK should've went with the Wildcat and Power K below for this redesign. Both are timeless. They would've worked just as well twenty years ago or twenty years from now, whereas this new logo will become dated very quickly.

All in all, I think it was just a swing and a miss from Barnhart and Co.; a lot like most of his coaching hires.

agree. we don't have to play "keep up with the Jones's" We ARE the Jones's.

They need to stick with the original UK logo with the K in front of the U and not the other way around. The K in the new logo looks more like an H than a K. I'm not a fan of messing with logos, FSU messed with theirs and it looks horrendous.

ADVERTISEMENT