ADVERTISEMENT

Never wanted a recruit more

Whats the reason behind all the Clemson buzz? Did someone in his camp leak it or is it more of that he is announcing early when UK was expecting him to wait a while, or something else?

Whats the reason behind all the Clemson buzz? Did someone in his camp leak it or is it more of that he is announcing early when UK was expecting him to wait a while, or something else?

SOMEone les something Bc all the recruit analysts flipped him to clemson over UK

I understand the counter to my point, but Vanderbilt represents an unknown. That’s why he matters as far as timing.

Also, UK will be loaded at guard next year if SGA comes back. Keldon Johnson and SGA could very well represent guys who take a spot in a three guard lineup, especially Johnson. If UK goes with Green/SGA next year in the backcourt, Johnson would compete with Zion for minutes at the three. If Vanderbilt comes back, he might as well. Again, all of this might prove to be beneficial to Zion; he might want the challenge of playing with great players and against them in practice every day. But if he’s seeking minutes and shots, Clemson’s his pick.

Also, I feel Cal pretty much revealed how they (the UK coaching staff) feel about the situation when he publically said that people were bashing UK’s usage of P. J. Washington. His statement represented the first and only time I even heard such chatter. I think the chatter was from the Clemson coaching camp. Cal was adamant that P.J. would be “one of the best players” by the end of the year. I think he was addressing part of Clemson’s sales job on Zion.

This of course, is based on my own inferences.

We shall see next Saturday.
No offense dude, I ain't reading all of that.....:D

I'd like to have him, sure. He's a great talent and games would be electric. But I really don't think we need him, at all. I like what Kentucky/Cal is building for next year.

I don’t know if anyone else caught this last night. The announcers said Zion was interested in a school with a football atmosphere. Doesn’t bode well for us lol.

I don’t know if anyone else caught this last night. The announcers said Zion was interested in a school with a football atmosphere. Doesn’t bode well for us lol.

Our basketball environment is one of the more similar to a football environment so if that is more his meaning than it might well be all good.

I don't understand why Arkansas isn't a major factor in Zion's recruitment, with his dad being an All-American for the Hogs back in the 1990s.

Someone came up with that comparison a week ago back at a Utah Jazz practice and when he said it I couldn’t believe I hadn’t thought of that. That might be as close to a good comparison as any (Royce White is another). Barkley with Handles and passing

Williamson reminds me more of Barkley than anyone I have ever seen...he may be better than Charles

All was one of the reasons. None is the main and only reason. Kids pick schools for more than one reason.

[laughing] @ basketball star wants to be at a big time football program.

Earlier today it was because of his mom.

Earlier than that, today, Clemson "has a good basketball program".

[roll]

I'm loving this.

There are a couple sights that show his AAU games and where you can get camp footage games. What you saw him do in the smaller H.S Games he does vs bigger better AAU players as well as when he goes to the top camps and USA trails. In some cases it’s easier because instea dof playing against zones and smaller quicker kids, he’s playing against taller slower bigs

Also you probably notice that Zion doesn’t try to just over power players (even though he can). He usually uses his speed and shiftiness to get past players

How many have actually watched him play? I don't understand how, against the competition he's against and the size he has he's rated that high.

And look what you missed.

I'll never be a member of the Dick Vitale Hate Club. He earned quite a bit of goodwill with me when, while discussing the brackets with the ESPN analysts prior to the 2015 NCAA Tournament, he said "You can have the entire field, as long as I get Kentucky."

He jinxs us. :)

I find it fascinating how desperate UK fans are to get Zion. I can't recall a time during Cal's tenure where a recruit has caused so much anxiety. The only reason this is the case is because of Cal's inability to win a 2nd title. There is a growing (call it nagging) feeling that Cal wont win another title at UK. And getting Zion likely means the difference between a title contender and just another decent team. Not sure I ever expected the angst over a single recruit with Cal at UK.

There are a couple sights that show his AAU games and where you can get camp footage games. What you saw him do in the smaller H.S Games he does vs bigger better AAU players as well as when he goes to the top camps and USA trails. In some cases it’s easier because instea dof playing against zones and smaller quicker kids, he’s playing against taller slower bigs

Also you probably notice that Zion doesn’t try to just over power players (even though he can). He usually uses his speed and shiftiness to get past players

What's your thoughts on your Duke recruits for next year, Duke fan.

I find it fascinating how desperate UK fans are to get Zion. I can't recall a time during Cal's tenure where a recruit has caused so much anxiety. The only reason this is the case is because of Cal's inability to win a 2nd title. There is a growing (call it nagging) feeling that Cal wont win another title at UK. And getting Zion likely means the difference between a title contender and just another decent team. Not sure I ever expected the angst over a single recruit with Cal at UK.
If you are not baiting, as you usually are, you will notice many posters accepting the fact we may not get any of the “big three” from this class and are excited about who is coming and who might come back. Yes some are freaking out but mid are the normal chicken Little’s, trolls, or Cal haters.

If you are not baiting, as you usually are, you will notice many posters accepting the fact we may not get any of the “big three” from this class and are excited about who is coming and who might come back. Yes some are freaking out but mid are the normal chicken Little’s, trolls, or Cal haters.
No baiting, though I appreciate the sentiment. You are kidding yoursef if you believe the vast majority of UK fans are not angst-ridden over Zion. The key, if UK doesnt get Zion, depends on who returns next year.

ADVERTISEMENT