ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Ever Look at THIS???

NCAA says the cheats were legit due to fake classes being available to everyone…whatever. The bigger story may lie in this: How many players over the last 20 years were ruled ”eligible” because of this fake class. Meaning, take away the class and all the sudden they were an ineligible player that suited up.

There’s the real investigation Mr. NCAA. Just my humble opinion. But nobody wants to look at that mess! Surely the rulebook mentions this somewhere…

Reactions: white10
What about the email sent by a staffer to someone that said we need this person to have a better grade and he got it to stay eligible?

They are saying that since UNC decided to honor the class credit, their hands are tied.

Useful excuse.

What about the email sent by a staffer to someone that said we need this person to have a better grade and he got it to stay eligible?

That's a great question. Just like the wheels for heels, drug dealing, guns, and former players dealing drugs out of Roy Williams' house are good questions. Among others.

I’m still shocked but not shocked. I mean, wasn’t fab melo ineligible because someone did a paper for him? Wouldn’t that be on the school too then? Why have academic standards for the ncaa clearinghouse? Shouldn’t that be on the school too then? And Derrick rose, if he cheated to gain acceptance in Memphis, shouldn’t that be on the school too since EVERY student takes an ACT or SAT? I’m sure “regular students” cheated before too so shouldn’t they go back and give Memphis their final four back?

The ncaa is all over the place and somehow found a way to be MORE inconsistent and inept as they already were. It’s a joke.

Reactions: white10
Wouldn't this be a clear case where SACS MUST invalidate the course? If not, too much money involved?

I don't know, but I would imagine it affected so many students over so many years that SACS couldn't bring themselves to do it.

How many professionals in how many fields would now be short credit hours for their degree?

If the NCAA had any common sense, pride, integrity, or standards, they would have said, "Listen. You admitted it was fraudulent. We understand the mechanics of stripping thousands of students of all of those credit hours and why you won't do it. But you will still be punished for your admitted fraud, and we find your shifting stance uncompelling."

Instead, the NCAA allowed UNC to skate through a loophole. More than likely helped them devise the escape plan.

They are saying that since UNC decided to honor the class credit, their hands are tied.

Useful excuse.

I normally don't think the government needs to be involved with most college issues, but this is one they should. The NCAA passed the buck to UNC to punish themselves and they refused. So then maybe SACS should punish them for the fake course since UNC and the NCAA didn't and they also refused. So what do you do when no one will step up and punish a school for fake classes to keep players eligible?

You have to police the college police (NCAA for athletics and SACS for academics). The NCAA created a group to look into the FBI issues with AAU, coaches, and shoe companies, but who is watching the NCAA? Also, who is watching SACS? I'd bet if there was an investigation of the two organizations that they would find a big money trail from UNC to one or both of them

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT