ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA clears Michigan State

Just saw this on the inter-news.

Amazing - they didn't find anything because they didn't freaking look, most likely not at all.

And I know this is the "what if" game, but we all know damned well if this had been UK, the NCAA would have literally shut down the entire athletics department, and most likely without much of anything in the world of hard evidence.

What would they penalize them for? This is a criminal matter along with the associated huge civil suits they will be paying.
Knowingly covering up sexual assault? If it's just a criminal matter, why aren't those that were complicit in the cover up not being charged?

Again, if this were UK, the NCAA would have beaten us black and blue for years, and ESPN would dedicate an entire website to the "ongoing investigation" for the same number of years, and probably beyond.

Knowingly covering up sexual assault? If it's just a criminal matter, why aren't those that were complicit in the cover up not being charged?

Again, if this were UK, the NCAA would have beaten us black and blue for years, and ESPN would dedicate an entire website to the "ongoing investigation" for the same number of years, and probably beyond.
This. @BigBlueFanGA

OK, so what is the NCAA violation?

Getting mad about this is like getting mad that a restaurant didn’t get a health code violation after a waiter shot a customer.

If the NCAA is above schools and takes the revenue of schools and kids, shouldn’t they be the ones responsible for what happens underneath them? Perhaps they share responsibility of what happens at these schools. If they don’t properly enforce and investigate they enable these things to happen.

Reactions: WildcatDJ
Lack of institutional control maybe?
I think that would be a stretch. The NCAA learned its lesson in cases like this with Penn St. This is a matter the courts will deal with and should deal with. Why burden the teams and coaches with potential penalties when they had nothing to do with this.

If the NCAA is above schools and takes the revenue of schools and kids, shouldn’t they be the ones responsible for what happens underneath them? Perhaps they share responsibility of what happens at these schools. If they don’t properly enforce and investigate they enable these things to happen.
That isn't how it works. This was a criminal matter. The NCAA is not a police force. Dang I hated defending those bozo's but you guys are forcing me to.

NCAA is not above the schools. The NCAA is the schools. It’s a member organization and the schools write the NCAA by-laws. The reason the NCAA handles things the way they do is because that is how the schools want it.

Just saw this on the inter-news.

Amazing - they didn't find anything because they didn't freaking look, most likely not at all.

And I know this is the "what if" game, but we all know damned well if this had been UK, the NCAA would have literally shut down the entire athletics department, and most likely without much of anything in the world of hard evidence.

I must ask, why do you think the NCAA is out to get your program?

Didn’t seem to stop the NCAA in punishing Penn St. What happened there was criminal not athletic.

Didn’t seem to stop the NCAA in punishing Penn St. What happened there was criminal not athletic.

And the NCAA was completely out of line when doing that and had to ignore their own rules to do so.

Which is why they got their ass handed to them in court and had to walk back all of the penalties. The NCAA had no business inserting themselves in that situation and got embarrassed in court because of their actions.

Bump for anyone wanting to take this question on.
Higgins Higgins Higgins Higgins and Higgins. Also Higgins did I mention Higgins. Also Cal getting a letter for receiving a 500 win ball from UK. You think rat face gets that letter? Also 99 percent of the time we get under seeded in a ridiculous bracket. Also Higgins if I didn't mention him

s-l1000.jpg

...Fake classes
...Sexual assault
...Spouse abuse

Higgins Higgins Higgins Higgins and Higgins. Also Higgins did I mention Higgins. Also Cal getting a letter for receiving a 500 win ball from UK. You think rat face gets that letter? Also 99 percent of the time we get under seeded in a ridiculous bracket. Also Higgins if I didn't mention him

I’m not asking for evidence of your claim. I’m asking why would the NCAA be out to get UK?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT