ADVERTISEMENT

NC State freshman ruled ineligible for attending class

I hope now one of these programs simply ignores the NCAA and plays the kid ruled ineligible. Any challenge by the NCAA should be stated by the school that they are following the ruling made by them on UNC. Most of these programs know they are not going to be National Champions and maybe their boldness will end this NCAA hypocrisy.

The NCAA enforces some of the dumbest rules I've ever seen.

You can't buy a mattress from an assistant coach (UNLV basketball, 1998) or be given shaving cream and a razor by someone on staff (recruits dad given these items to shave because he forgot his at home. Oregon football, 2013).

It's amazing all the rules they have in place and how strictly they enforced them... and yet they claim to have no rule for what UNC did. Absurd. I've despised the NCAA for a very long time, but I'm at the point of watching UK only. Once we're out or all our games are over I'm done.

The NCAA can EAD.

You can't buy a mattress from an assistant coach (UNLV basketball, 1998) or be given shaving cream and a razor by someone on staff (recruits dad given these items to shave because he forgot his at home. Oregon football, 2013).

It's amazing all the rules they have in place and how strictly they enforced them... and yet they claim to have no rule for what UNC did. Absurd. I've despised the NCAA for a very long time, but I'm at the point of watching UK only. Once we're out or all our games are over I'm done.

The NCAA can EAD.

Yeah man

I mean the fact that dude is ineligible for GOING TO CLASS, the day after UNC skates for academic fraud... I mean you can’t make this $hittt up lol. Unbelievable

Yeah man

I mean the fact that dude is ineligible for GOING TO CLASS, the day after UNC skates for academic fraud... I mean you can’t make this $hittt up lol. Unbelievable

If I was NC State I'd play him. They aren't winning anything major this year. Give them a big Wolfpack middle finger.

Also, I'd feel like the NCAA is "paying us back" if I was NC State. They really helped propel the UNC case. It's almost as if someone(s) very powerful in the NCAA is connected to UNC somehow...

At this point, were I a member institution, I'd seek out a temporary injunction any time I got an unfavorable decision from the NCAA - then do what I wanted to do.

What's the worst that can happen? Just keep suing until the NCAA caves.

The NCAA can EAD.
The only thing the FNCAA does is run the basketball tournament of record

At this point, were I a member institution, I'd seek out a temporary injunction any time I got an unfavorable decision from the NCAA - then do what I wanted to do.

What's the worst that can happen? Just keep suing until the NCAA caves.
I have thought this for some time,I am surprised one or more schools aren't willing to go that route.I guess most schools make a good faith effort to do the right thing in these situations where there is a breach of the rules,of course that was not the case with UNC. Other member schools should make an effort to hold UNC accountable for the lack of effort to do the right thing.They should be made to understand that playing by their own set of rules has consequences even if the NCAA doesn't think so.

It's because he is from Hazard, KY. Since he was from the Commonwealth.

I have thought this for some time,I am surprised one or more schools aren't willing to go that route.I guess most schools make a good faith effort to do the right thing in these situations where there is a breach of the rules,of course that was not the case with UNC. Other member schools should make an effort to hold UNC accountable for the lack of effort to do the right thing.They should be made to understand that playing by their own set of rules has consequences even if the NCAA doesn't think so.

Barber, continue...GP

If I was NC State I'd play him. They aren't winning anything major this year. Give them a big Wolfpack middle finger.

Also, I'd feel like the NCAA is "paying us back" if I was NC State. They really helped propel the UNC case. It's almost as if someone(s) very powerful in the NCAA is connected to UNC somehow...
That's exactly what it is. They're taking a shot at NC State directly for exposing the cash cow's dirty laundry.

I hope now one of these programs simply ignores the NCAA and plays the kid ruled ineligible. Any challenge by the NCAA should be stated by the school that they are following the ruling made by them on UNC. Most of these programs know they are not going to be National Champions and maybe their boldness will end this NCAA hypocrisy.
I think we all should. F them. With the UNC debacle, its anarchy in my eyes and should be treated that way.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
You don't have to go to real classes in North Carolina, that's where he made his mistake , he actually went to a class that had a professor and required you to attend

ADVERTISEMENT