ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Thread...

TheySoSensitive

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2012
Man, the Lakers have a ton of punchable faces.

DeAndre Jordan is going to end up with 30 rebounds [laughing]

Julius Randle must have regressed if he's having trouble getting time in that front court.

Andrew Bogut is as athletic as a couch.

Like Lonzo, he's going to be a great player. He, Clarkson, and Randle are really the only three on the Lakers I want to do well. They look like Duke as an NBA team, just a bunch of smug, douchey looking fellas.

Last edited:
So the Lakers kept summer league star Alex Caruso. You kidding me? Dude averaged 8ppg and 5apg(2.5topg) at Texas A&M, decent 3pt shooter(36%). The guy had a 4 year nba tryout at a school that was far from loaded and was good, while never improving very much from year to year. Dude blows up in summer league and now he's on the team(I was surprised he even got invited to summer league tryouts, that's how pedestrian this kid was is college).

NBA never ceases to amaze me.

I think Julius' mama refused to sign the football permission slip. And I think he got CTE anyway.

First national TV game of the season for Giannis...

Giannis and John Wall are the two players who everybody will say are making the leap this year, when they actually made the leap last year. Investing heavily in Wiz and Bucks stock.

Reactions: TriangleUKCat
Randle always struck me as the kind of guy that will love the LA life but would do much better at basketball in Milwaukee or Toronto.

As much as I love NBA and ex-UK highlights, I still have a hard time tuning into a regular non-marquee regular season game. We need a live (non-Scott Charlton Twitter) RedZone-like channel for when a UK player gets the ball

-No reason for the Lakers to try to make the playoffs this year, they'll get swept in the first round if they manage to sneak in. Half the team will be dealt away next year and another top 10 draft choice will make them even more appealing to the big free agents next summer.

-Sixers are making the playoffs and losing 1st round. Fun team to watch, but they're still 2-3 yrs away from contending unless Lebron bolts for the West next summer.

-Boogie and AD could go 1,2 in the MVP voting and still miss the playoffs if Rondo isn't his best. If he plays like he did right before he got hurt last season, they make the playoffs. They'd have to be a 5 seed to have a chance in the series though, as there's no way they win more than a game against the top 3 seeds in the west.

-Wizards are 1 piece away. Would've loved to see Paul George wind up there, as he and Wall are my two man crushes.

-Speaking of PG, if Donovan can get Melo to play the slightest bit of defense, OKC can give the Warriors fits in the playoffs.

Nothing like getting bludgeoned by the Spurs without Kawhi and Parker to start the year off and zap all the enthusiasm you had.

KAT still the worst defensive center in the league, at this point I don't care if he averages 30 and 15.

Taj and Jimmy were exasperated multiple times at failed rotations/lack of communication.

37-45 if they're lucky. I give up.

Reactions: Mashburned
I'm mildly chubbed up for this NO v GS game tonight. I hope AD and Cousins go for 80 and 40 in the loss.

Pretty pumped for this one. Really wish Rondo was playing though. The line is only 8.5 with it being at NO. If it was at GS, they might win by 40.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndic...8549-the-anatomy-of-an-nba-entourage.amp.html

It was huge. When LeBron arrived, it was as if Nelson Mandela had come in. Six or seven blacked-out Escalades pulled up, a convoy. LeBron had bodyguards and his masseuse. His deejay was already there, blasting. This for a photo shoot that was going to last an hour, tops.

This is how crazy it was: I wasn't even allowed to talk directly to LeBron. There was a liaison, someone from Amar'e Stoudemire's family. I would say to him, "O.K., have LeBron drive right," and then he'd turn to LeBron and say, "LeBron, go right."

First national TV game of the season for Giannis...

Giannis and John Wall are the two players who everybody will say are making the leap this year, when they actually made the leap last year. Investing heavily in Wiz and Bucks stock.
Got giannis in my fantasy draft. 3rd pick. What a boss.

Hot take. Warriors won't make finals.

Beat part of the Wolves/Thunder ending is that there wasn't a timeout to advance the ball to half court. Legit chaos to end the game, not coming off a set play from out of bounds after the Thunder hit the 3.

Reactions: TCPUKChamps
Giannis has officially arrived. Bucks should be in everyone's Top 5 LP teams

The West is going to be a GD war.

Memphis has beaten Golden State/Houston back to back.

Giannis is one of those guys you have to see in person. Just an absolute freak of nature. Dude made the leap last year and is making another leap this year.

Valentine wearing 45. Shouldn't have happened. They should have retired that one too. I am anything but a Jordan fan but they should have another ceremony and hang it by 23.

Jaylen Brown is officially a stud and Tatum is on his way. Even without Hayward, the Celtics will still have a lot of say in who wins the east.

The Pacers shot 77% in the 2nd half (30/39 FG). Of that, their starters were 87% (19/22 FG)

Man I just get a bad feeling with Wiggins. Feel like he's been a career underachiever to his enormous potential, and seems really immature. What's his deal? Seemed like since his early years of HS people were touting him as the next great baller, and he seems more like a major athlete that refuses to drive and will avg 15-18ppg for 8+ years floating around the perimeter. Underwhelming in every aspect from what I've seen. Seems like an incredibitch.

Watching LeBron in person is just a treat. That guy does whatever he wants on a basketball floor.

Davis left with a knee, will not return....anybody got anything else?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mashburned
Looks like if anything they just knocked knees. That can be really painful but it goes away after like 5 mins. I won't call Davis soft because he gets legit f'ed up alot and his body takes a beating that few in the NBA do.

BUT....seems like somethings always wrong with him. Always.

The Pacers shot 77% in the 2nd half (30/39 FG). Of that, their starters were 87% (19/22 FG)
That's kind of crazy considering they were without Myles turner.

My 10 team league squad is so stacked. Even without Chris Paul and Myles turner dtd I am beating people by 50 two games into the week.

Man I just get a bad feeling with Wiggins. Feel like he's been a career underachiever to his enormous potential, and seems really immature. What's his deal? Seemed like since his early years of HS people were touting him as the next great baller, and he seems more like a major athlete that refuses to drive and will avg 15-18ppg for 8+ years floating around the perimeter. Underwhelming in every aspect from what I've seen. Seems like an incredibitch.

He played at Scott Co one time and I was so pumped to see him. Fans were in the parking lot selling Canadian leaf shirts with his name on it, the line to get in the gym was miles long, etc....he basically slept walked through the game and didn't even look like the best player on the floor. I was pissed, and concluded that he hated KY.

And he walked like a mfer before he hit that half court game winner.

Wiggins does nothing else aside from some decent scoring. For 6'8" his rebounding is weak. Virtually nothing about his game facilitates anyone else. Roams around, passive, doesn't want to exert much effort... exactly how I played as a kid.

Normally, he's not a bust.. but when you factor in his hype (nearing Lebron portions) can you pose that question? He is seriously underwhelming so far and I'm not sure he won't find himself coming off the bench or even on the trade block..

Wiggins career will probably end up like Skal's UK tenure. Still waiting.

Bam getting clock tonight. Climbed the ladder for a nice dunk off a lob.

Tonight the Pelicans:
-Got a combined 59pts, 19reb, 12ast, 9stl, and 4blks from Cousins and Davis
-Held KAT to 2 points(1-7), 5rebs
-Lost

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Pacers fan here but we look good so far. That PG trade wasn't quite the loss for the Pacers as it was made out to be. Oladipo is a very good player and Sabonis is very impressive. Young team but they can run people out of the gym. And they've mostly have done it without Turner. The Cavs looked old and slow against us.

Watched the Kings play the other day - WCS may be the laziest player in the NBA.

Hard to watch after seeing him at UK. I mean, dude wouldn't even try to block out for rebounds, much less put forth any effort towards any other facet of the game.

Really disappointing to see. He could be a nice player with a motor.

ADVERTISEMENT