ADVERTISEMENT

NBA GM Draft RD12

22 points, five assists, six rebounds, 31% from three at just 21 years old.

Wait, sorry. Those are Kobe Bryant's numbers.

My guy went 25/5/5 on 2.7 made threes per game at 38% from deep.

Someone do me a favor and post the list of 21 year olds to score 25 a game in the NBA. Then tell us how those guys did in their career.

The only guys to score 30 at a younger age were LeBron and Durant.

The other names on his numerous "youngest to do ____" lists are Kobe, McGrady, and Dwight Howard.

Safe to say, this cat might be pretty good. Did I say Cat? Oh that's right.

Give me Devin Booker, G/F.

I'm probably doomed. Today's NBA is clearly dominated by interior play and low post anchors.

Maybe they'll let my guys play on a lower rim.
Yeah but when you don't have anyone to stop a AD Cousins or a person to guard KD LBJ or GF your guards don't look as good

Yeah but when you don't have anyone to stop a AD Cousins or a person to guard KD LBJ or GF your guards don't look as good

You don't need to guard Boogie. He's not winning anything.

LeBron is going to be 34 when this hypothetical league starts.

Giannis can't shoot.

KD can apparently only win anything with three other guys taken in the first two rounds of this thing. He won't have the help he needs.

Besides, no one guards those guys. It's not really possible. That's why you get as many of the guys no one can guard as possible.

Again, a great frontcourt was great in 1982. The game has changed.

Giannis can't shoot.

KD can apparently only win anything with three other guys taken in the first two rounds of this thing. He won't have the help he needs.

Besides, no one guards those guys. It's not really possible. That's why you get as many of the guys no one can guard as possible.

GF may not be able shoot now but he can do literally everything else. Also over 5 years I should develop the best jump shot the NBA has ever seen

Giannis can't shoot.

I was surprised Curry fell to me at 5

Giannis can't shoot.

That last part isn't true. The game is evolving where bigs are becoming far more skilled. Great frontcourt still matters.

At the end of the day most of the top players has size, athletisim, and length. There's obvious exception to these rules but generally speaking they are true.

Reactions: kornucopia
He's 30 but so is KD and LeBron is even older than that. I guess folks either wanted to grab a certain position first or think Steph won't garner votes.
.yea probably. I figured his body should hold up fine being as he's not rough and tumble.

I was going to take James Harden at 4 but didn't want my team to play ISO offense

That last part isn't true. The game is evolving where bigs are becoming far more skilled. Great frontcourt still matters.

At the end of the day most of the top players has size, athletisim, and length. There's obvious exception to these rules but generally speaking they are true.

Like I said, the game has changed.

There are lots of guys left who are exactly what you describe, but not since Shaq/Duncan has the league's best big guy won a title, and we're sprinting even further in that direction.

Draft Order
After you pick tag the person picking next in your post. For example after I pick I'll post " @morgousky OTC(on the clock)"

1 NKYCatFan17- Anthony Davis
2 PizzaSlice- Lebron James
3 Orbzut- Kevin Durant
4 RuppsRunt- Giannis antetokounmpo
5 Morg- Steph Curry
6 BeeBeeIn- James Harden
7 HotelBlue- Kahwi Leonard
8 W2B- Russ Westbrook
9 UKnorse- Karl Towns
10 YaySports- Joel Embiid, Jimmy Butler
11 Gonzo- Kyrie Irving, Devin booker
12 Kornucopia- Demarcus Cousins, Draymond Green
13 BigblueGAfan- John Wall, Klay Thompson
14 Miracles7s- Ben Simmons, Victor Olidipo
15 Cats192- Damion Lillard, Paul George
16 DR Cats- Donovan Mitchell, Porzingus

First off would anyone like to do the randomized draft order other than me to ensure fairness? Or I can run it and put down an alternate members email list to send it to. Samething with Bracket generation.

Ok guys had a hectic last few days, but I like to tell you the rules we have decided on.
It will be which team will be most likely to win a 7 game series one series a year over 5 years. Each team will face another in a head to head format. We will pretend both teams have made the NBA playoffs. Soon to be rookies are available to be draft IE Bamba Ayton Donic, but Gabriel, Vanderbilt, PJ Washington are OFF LIMITS to cut down on Pandering. I was thinking of adding a 2 UK player max, but I'll ultimately leave that up to a vote with 16 teams it should be fairly distributed.

I will be performing 2k simulations. Injuries turned on. This will be done by each one of us picking an Organization as a pick in the draft. This will be your coach for intents and purposes but will also be location of play, home court advantage, etc. that 2k puts into the nuances of the game. To do this I will do a Fantasy draft and assign all players to their respective 16 teams and all other teams (cpu) will draft the lowest player on the draft board. I will customize the conferences to have 8 teams from each conference from each side of the bracket that is generated. To break it down further more I will then split the conferences into 2 divisions with 4 teams a piece so that we compare the divisions at the end of the season. I will then simulate each season and save a file after it is done for 5 season. This will ensure I can go back each round and run a 7 game series simulation in each of the 5 years.

I will also run a pure simulation and tell you all who wins the championship year to year and provide other details if you all are interested.

The team that wins the simulation could get 15% of the overall votes added to his total. So if 40 people vote on the thread the winner of the simulation would be awarded 6 additional votes to boost there total, and possibly tip the scales. Thought it'd be a fun addition.

6 hrs to pick, clocks stops between midnight and 9am, though picks can be made during those times. 10 rounds, picks are in snake order. Also if you timeout your pick in the first few rounds you might forfeit your team to another user, so please check RR frequently during the draft.

Winner gets bragging rights for a full off season.

So if this sounds kosher and copacetic to everyone I believe we can start drafting tonight if everyones around, if not we can start tmmrw. Get your draft boards ready gentleman.

1.RR
2. @drcats2013
3. @usinfantrycat85
4. @Wall2Boogie
5. @Nkycatfan17
6. @kornucopia
7. @Cats192
8. @miracle7s
9. @BeeBeeIn
10. @morgousky
11. @BigBlueFanGA
12. @Pizza Slice
13. @BLEEDBLUE444
14. @UK2KJAG
15. @hotelblue
16. @LukaszObrzut
Why haven't I got my 2'd round pick yet

I don't think it's unreasonable to give 3/4 hours instead of two weeks. Doesn't take long to check the board.

Reactions: drcats2013
ADVERTISEMENT