ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Draft Thread

In the past we've used "team you would most like to be a fan of for the next five years" because I thought that provided flexibility for people to build win now teams and young, high potential teams equally.

What it seems to have done is make posters here vote for the team with the most Cats and vote against guys they don't like. Tyler Ulis shouldn't carry more voting weight than Russell Westbrook, but he did.

How would you guys feel about the criteria being which team is best equipped to win the most championships over the next 7 years? Is 7 too much? Five feels a bit too short to me but 10 is clearly too long.

I would also suggest at least 11 rounds, with 12-13 being better. With just a dozen teams, there are plenty of quality, difference making players available in round 13.

12 hours per pick with a running clock or 8 hour clock that stops from midnight to 6 eastern?

If someone vanishes they have until their next pick to show back up. If you miss two picks you're gone and any players taken are just removed from the draft/consideration.

Random draft order. Serpentine style.

Random matchup order. If anyone drops out and we have an uneven number we'll put it to a poll to see who gets a first round bye.
I like this.

Reactions: GonzoCat90
In the past we've used "team you would most like to be a fan of for the next five years" because I thought that provided flexibility for people to build win now teams and young, high potential teams equally.

What it seems to have done is make posters here vote for the team with the most Cats and vote against guys they don't like. Tyler Ulis shouldn't carry more voting weight than Russell Westbrook, but he did.

How would you guys feel about the criteria being which team is best equipped to win the most championships over the next 7 years? Is 7 too much? Five feels a bit too short to me but 10 is clearly too long.

I would also suggest at least 11 rounds, with 12-13 being better. With just a dozen teams, there are plenty of quality, difference making players available in round 13.

12 hours per pick with a running clock or 8 hour clock that stops from midnight to 6 eastern?

If someone vanishes they have until their next pick to show back up. If you miss two picks you're gone and any players taken are just removed from the draft/consideration.

Random draft order. Serpentine style.

Random matchup order. If anyone drops out and we have an uneven number we'll put it to a poll to see who gets a first round bye.

My UK heavy team was beastly last summer, and you guys know it.

What I would like to do to make sure its a fair draft order is to get someones email so when I do this random draft it will email that account plus my account. I need the other person to post the results of the draft order for me :)

Going to bed in 30 minutes but if someone gives me their email address and wants to post the results of the draft order let me know quickly.

Okay it was generated and posted to both our emails post your results I used the site http://www.draftordergenerator.com/ if anyone was curious on how it was done. I only was able to generate the order once which is why I got another person involved.

Pick #1 - UKNorse
Pick #2 - Quest4#9
Pick #3 - gonzocat90
Pick #4 - Ruppsrunts
Pick #5 - usinfantrycat85
Pick #6 - catsfan3523
Pick #7 - Frankunderwood
Pick #8 - gossie21
Pick #9 - catzman
Pick #10 - bbn93
Pick #11 - 420grover
Pick #12 - drcats2013