ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Combine Results

gossie21

All-American
Jan 24, 2005
I was just looking over at DraftExpress with some of the combine results.

They have results for the Top Vertical (no step)

3. Malik Monk 36.5"
5. De'Aaaron Fox 34"
7. Bam Adebayo 33.5"
16. Hamidou Diallo 29"
27. Isaac Humphries 24.5"

I am shocked that Diallo's veritcal was that bad (relatively speaking). His athleticism was supposed to be his calling card.

Reactions: ib4ky and TM2013

3. Malik Monk 36.5"
5. De'Aaaron Fox 34"
7. Bam Adebayo 33.5"
16. Hamidou Diallo 29"

I am shocked that Diallo's veritcal was that bad (relatively speaking). His athleticism was supposed to be his calling card.
Diallo's rep is he can jump out of the gym. Wonder if that is an error or he has an injury?

Reactions: Blueaz
One NBA executive believes that Kentucky's Hamidou Diallo is without question the best athlete at the combine. Something to monitor. #BBN

— Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) May 6, 2017

3. Malik Monk 36.5"
5. De'Aaaron Fox 34"
7. Bam Adebayo 33.5"
16. Hamidou Diallo 29"

Link for the measurements??

Reactions: goten170
Some guys are just bad off of no steps or incredibly good off of a step.

I also think Diallo is a bit like Shabazz Muhammad was in that he's so long and sudden that he "looks" like he's jumping higher than he is. Still an incredible athlete, but the numbers don't show it as much as the eye test might.

Could also be a factor that he hasn't done this kind of thing before. A lot of these drills, like the 40 yard dash in the NFL, for example, are about technique and repetition as much as speed or athleticism. Diallo wasn't here for our combine, and likely hasn't trained for such an event, whereas our guys have. That's valuable experience.

Still, if he doesn't test well, that helps the odds that he comes back, because his athleticism is supposed to be the given, reliable part of his equation, with scouts banking on his skillset and motor catching up to his natural gifts to warrant the risk.

3. Malik Monk 36.5"
5. De'Aaaron Fox 34"
7. Bam Adebayo 33.5"
16. Hamidou Diallo 29"

That vertical is from 2015. Testing at the combine doesn't start until tomorrow

It was on the DraftExpress homepage earlier today when I looked it up (www.draftexpress.com). Now it's only showing the 2016 results.

It's possible that the list was for existing measurements.

I hope Hump eventually makes it. That will be funny as hell to see him in the NBA when he's around 30 and looking like a totally different person.
I have seen mock drafts with him getting drafted in the late 2nd round . I bet that doesn't happn but it could. I think he will be in the NBA in 3 years. He is 18 now so he would be 21 not 30 . Most people forget just how young he is .

I have seen mock drafts with him getting drafted in the late 2nd round . I bet that doesn't happn but it could. I think he will be in the NBA in 3 years. He is 18 now so he would be 21 not 30 . Most people forget just how young he is .

I wasn't saying I hope he gets in the NBA at the age of 30. I said I hope he gets in the NBA and down the road it will be fun to see him at the age of 30, if he's still in the NBA, looking totally different.

I hear Diallo is declining to leap, or stand still to be measured, on the grounds he might hurt his draft status. He has also refused to lift his arms over his head, to avoid damaging his reputation for having a good standing reach, and is wearing size 19 clown shoes to keep from divulging the true size of his feet.

source.gif

3. Malik Monk 36.5"
5. De'Aaaron Fox 34"
7. Bam Adebayo 33.5"
16. Hamidou Diallo 29"

I would've thought Diallo would be a lot more. Is this right.?

Old measurements and I'm sure they're higher now. They do use standing vertical jump to evaluate athletes. Standing vertical and Max vertical are the two best methods of measuring maximum power output and explosiveness. You can see why when you compare NBA and NFL combine tests. Crazy to think some linemen out jumped Blake Griffin at their respective combines. No wonder there are so many injuries now.

3. Malik Monk 36.5"
5. De'Aaaron Fox 34"
7. Bam Adebayo 33.5"
16. Hamidou Diallo 29"

Its because he has a gigantic wingspan...it makes up for lack of vertical

I hear Diallo is declining to leap, or stand still to be measured, on the grounds he might hurt his draft status. He has also refused to lift his arms over his head, to avoid damaging his reputation for having a good standing reach, and is wearing size 19 clown shoes to keep from divulging the true size of his feet.
And purposefully walking very fast. Everyone knows slow walkers get drafted first.

Reactions: Blueaz
Its because he has a gigantic wingspan...it makes up for lack of vertical
^ Proof that kyups changed his vertical results. But seriously, it doesn't matter how long your wingspan is, I don't think you're going to be doing stuff like this with just long arms:

hqdefault.jpg

Hamidou%20Diallo%202094.jpg

dc2fa22fcc8e31d9a9eb28eb0e44fdb6c90ce3a11c94e682c14bb79a60849e87_large

Reactions: _Rooster and Mike-D
ADVERTISEMENT