ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Combine Measurments

Wendell Carters numbers cant be right. Weighs 196? Stand and reach of 7'11? Ray Spaulding has way better measurable then that.

The difference in w/ vs w/out shoes always gets me. Heights are rounded to the nearest 1/4". Some guys gain as little as 1", but most gain 1.5", and some as much as 1.75". Some of these guys need shoes w/ thicker soles, we're talking millions of dollars here.

Wendell Carters numbers cant be right. Weighs 196? Stand and reach of 7'11? Ray Spaulding has way better measurable then that.

Lol. Good catch. That’s obviously supposed to be 8’11”, although given Carter’s excellent wingspan I would have guessed it an inch or two higher.

The difference in w/ vs w/out shoes always gets me. Heights are rounded to the nearest 1/4". Some guys gain as little as 1", but most gain 1.5", and some as much as 1.75". Some of these guys need shoes w/ thicker soles, we're talking millions of dollars here.

I’d be rocking those old people nursing home sketcher shoes with the 4 inch soles all day

Jevon carter is 6’ tall but his standing reach is 9’ 1”? That is 5” more than Shai even though Jevon’s wingspan is 7 inches less than Shai’s.

Surprised Washington is even 6-8. Was measured 6-7 at the UK pro day.

PJ measured only 6'6" and a half without shoes, that second 6'8" measurement only came because of a generous 1.5 inch bump from his shoes.

The "without shoes" measurement is the only reliable way to measure these guys' heights against each other. The degree to which the "shoe bump" varies from player to player makes it pretty clear something funny's going on.

Wait ...so Jevon Carter measured only 6'0" w/o shoes, has only 4 percent body fat, yet weighs a whopping 251.4 pounds?

Can that possibly be right? I knew that dude was thick ...but jeez.

Last edited:
Jevon Carter is 251 pounds.

PJ at 6'8 in shoes, less than 7% body fat, a 9 foot standing reach and a 7'3 wingspan is a nice showing.

Knox, Hami and SGA all measured great too. Really good numbers for our guys.

Mo Bamba is from a different planet, and Jaren Jackson has every tool to be a mega star.

Jevon Carter is 251 pounds.

PJ at 6'8 in shoes, less than 7% body fat, a 9 foot standing reach and a 7'3 wingspan is a nice showing.

Knox, Hami and SGA all measured great too. Really good numbers for our guys.

Mo Bamba is from a different planet, and Jaren Jackson has every tool to be a mega star.

looks like PJ is the shortest guy with one of the largest wingspans. which is interesting. would be interesting to see other NBA players that are comparable to that.

PJ Washington is 6feet 6 and a half inches tall. That is short for a small forward. It makes him a midget as a power forward.

Not necessarily in today's NBA.

Hell, just look at the two best teams in the League this year. The Rockets start PJ Tucker at power forward, and he's only around the 6'5" to 6'6" range. And the Warriors start Draymond Green at PF (AND frequently Center), despite the fact that Green only measured around 6'5" and a half without shoes at his combine.

If the starting power forwards for the two best teams in the league are both shorter (and with shorter wingspans) than PJ, then I suspect there's a spot for him somewhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: Catzman and Mr_GG
Pretty sure Jevon Carter's measurements were entered in wrong.

No way he is 251 pounds. WVU's roster had him listed at 205 pounds. His standing reach is also not 9'1

Gotta think it's 215. I mean, he's a truck. But that's outrageous. That's Bam Adebayo's size and he's 6'10.

looks like PJ is the shortest guy with one of the largest wingspans. which is interesting. would be interesting to see other NBA players that are comparable to that.

I remember Noah Vonleh measuring short (like 6'8 barefoot) but had like a 7'4 wingspan. Jarnell Stokes was another guy who was undersized but measured well.

PJ measured only 6'6" and a half without shoes, that second 6'8" measurement only came because of a generous 1.5 inch bump from his shoes.

The "without shoes" measurement is the only reliable way to measure these guys' heights against each other. The degree to which the "shoe bump" varies from player to player makes it pretty clear something funny's going on.

When is the last time you seen anyone play without shoes? On average shoes add 1-1.5 inches to height but everyone gets it.

Reactions: Catzman
ADVERTISEMENT