ADVERTISEMENT

National Anthem

Not a big fan in general of playing the guitar during the singing of the anthem. Totally reminded me of the Fray as well in 2012.

I join the crowd who thought it was horrible. We just kind of looked at each other in our house in disbelief about how bad it was.

I thought that the National Anthem had been disrespected as much as possible until tonight. Still trying to process what this dude was trying to do.

This is the guy (Dan Henig) that sang the Nat'l Anthem..... Give it a listen... funny as hell...

I wish our players(not the foreign players from Haiti, Canada and Australia) would display the proper manner in respecting the American flag during the national anthem. Every natural born American should place their right hand over their heart. That is the proper respect for our country. Anything less is disrespectful. Some one should educate our student athletes.

Reactions: bigblue_a_msu
sorry, i never do this during the national anthem. why should i "respect" the flag when it's just a symbol? a symbol's importance is only derived from what you think of that symbol. see confederate flag, swastika, etc ...

I wish our players(not the foreign players from Haiti, Canada and Australia) would display the proper manner in respecting the American flag during the national anthem. Every natural born American should place their right hand over their heart. That is the proper respect for our country. Anything less is disrespectful. Some one should educate our student athletes.

sorry, i never do this during the national anthem. why should i "respect" the flag when it's just a symbol? a symbol's importance is only derived from what you think of that symbol. see confederate flag, swastika, etc ...

So you really do not respect our country. The flag is a symbol of American. This is a land of free speech and you can do what you wish, but that does not change the fact that not covering your heart with your right hand is disrespectful to the country. BTW, do you know the Pledge of Allegience?

think i can remember the pledge, haven't said it in 15 years. again, symbols are only as important as what you make of them. just because i dont "respect" the flag doesnt mean i'm not proud of our country.

I thought it was okay until the last couple lines, where almost every singer thinks they have to do the extended eh-aaay-eee-aey crap. Regardless, the Fray was far worse, IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT