ADVERTISEMENT

NASCAR thread

They should force them to use only the four tires they start with & see how hard they drive. I mean how is driving to wear out tires every 25 miles a great attraction?
Tires were awful yesterday. Lap traffic holding up the leaders and Hamlin able to take advantage. I really don't like races with only 5 cars on the lead lap at the end.

So what's the big deal of a driver throwing his bumper at the car of the guy that wrecked him? Seems a normal reaction to me.

So what's the big deal of a driver throwing his bumper at the car of the guy that wrecked him? Seems a normal reaction to me.
NASCAR claims they want the drivers to police themselves with 'Boys Have At It' and when they do, they get vilified. The sport needs characters and rivalries.

Rule that you can not do that started after the dipshit killed himself running down the track at Steward in that dirt race. Ever since then, NASCAR has a zero tolerance policy against that type of stuff.

I agree. He definitely started rolling right before the line. Was a close call.
I thought the call to throw a caution when Bush brushed the wall was costly for some guys on a different strategy and was complete BS. He brushed the wall, kept going and no debris came off of his car.

Yep. Last night was a quintessential NASCAR failure top to bottom. Absolutely ruined any strategy calls after that bs caution

Reactions: vhcat70
Just saw a replay of that last restart from the In-car of Truex. Much more obvious that Denny jumped the start.

Truex needs to be pissed at his crew and try to run over those guys, not Kyle Larson. I get his frustration with Hamlin, it was well deserved for Denny, but Larson didn't do jack shit to him and he was trying to wreck him. (and I am not a Kyle Larson fan at all) Maybe get in your pit crews ass for coming in 1st and losing the lead on pit road. But in the end, it was KARMA for the BS move he pulled at the end of stage 2 not letting Byron stay on the lead lap. he raced the piss out of him to prevent it.
NASCAR needs teammates (or racers in general) fighting and dog cussing each other, it is too bland and terrible on track racing is lacking, so they need to manufacture (non Ford / Chevy / Toyota) excitement to keep fans engaged. I loved the post race Kyle Bush going over to Christopher Bell after last weeks race and getting all up in his ass. Something to the effect of "Have I ever raced you hard ? Spun you out or wrecked you ?" "No I haven't, but it is FN coming, so be prepared for it, it's FN coming." Poor Bell just stood there looking like he was about to cry and / or shit his pants. Racing NEEDS the drama because the racing just isn't cutting it.

Reactions: Stan the caddy
Truex needs to be pissed at his crew and try to run over those guys, not Kyle Larson. I get his frustration with Hamlin, it was well deserved for Denny, but Larson didn't do jack shit to him and he was trying to wreck him. (and I am not a Kyle Larson fan at all) Maybe get in your pit crews ass for coming in 1st and losing the lead on pit road. But in the end, it was KARMA for the BS move he pulled at the end of stage 2 not letting Byron stay on the lead lap. he raced the piss out of him to prevent it.
NASCAR needs teammates (or racers in general) fighting and dog cussing each other, it is too bland and terrible on track racing is lacking, so they need to manufacture (non Ford / Chevy / Toyota) excitement to keep fans engaged. I loved the post race Kyle Bush going over to Christopher Bell after last weeks race and getting all up in his ass. Something to the effect of "Have I ever raced you hard ? Spun you out or wrecked you ?" "No I haven't, but it is FN coming, so be prepared for it, it's FN coming." Poor Bell just stood there looking like he was about to cry and / or shit his pants. Racing NEEDS the drama because the racing just isn't cutting it.

And the friggin apologies! It’s racing man. Guys have been wrecking other guys since the beginning. NASCAR has gotten too nice.

I thought the call to throw a caution when Bush brushed the wall was costly for some guys on a different strategy and was complete BS. He brushed the wall, kept going and no debris came off of his car.
I'm beyond fed up of watching races get determined by BS cautions to add a dramatic effect for a finish screwing guys out of wins instead of letting races play out. Never fails at short tracks and the superspeedways. Especially the SS tracks when it takes a lap and a half to get the cars to full speed.

• Love
Reactions: vhcat70
Well, it was also another JGR car on front row on the restart with Truex.
It wasn't just the restart, Hamlin completely used up Truex going into Turn 1. It's all fine for drivers to get pissed and talk big after the race that they are going to do something. However, they rarely do anymore. I missed the days of an Earnhardt/Bodine rivalry and even that time Kenseth waited for the right moment once he was eliminated from the playoffs to payback Logano dumping him into the Turn 1 wall at Martinsville. Of course hypocritical NASCAR went back on their 'Boys Have At It', 'Police Yourselves' stance to park him 2 races after it. Paying back at a short track is fine or on the apron is where it should be handled. Doing it like Bubba did to Larson at Vegas, Chase to Hamlin isn't the way to do it.

Reactions: Stan the caddy
Elton Sawyers explanation was pure BS and just added fuel for any conspiracy theorist. I mean to say that Denny started a car length or 2 early but because of their pit stop and coming out in front that they had earned that luxury and then to say in the next breath that going into Martinsville for competitors to not think they can jump a restart early is pure horse 💩. You say Denny earned that right but then say but nobody else will be able to do the same thing? WTH?

Elton Sawyers explanation was pure BS and just added fuel for any conspiracy theorist. I mean to say that Denny started a car length or 2 early but because of their pit stop and coming out in front that they had earned that luxury and then to say in the next breath that going into Martinsville for competitors to not think they can jump a restart early is pure horse 💩. You say Denny earned that right but then say but nobody else will be able to do the same thing? WTH?
What really got me was Sawyer's bull shit excuse for it being at the end of the race when the decision came to not doing anything about it. Didn't have the luxury of a 'timeout' as he put it to review it so he gets off. NASCAR's inconsistency to selectively enforce the rules is a joke. Going to keep happening for rule benders like Hamlin who know they can get by with anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: Creed Bratton
You are right and inconsistency, selective enforcement of the rules and stupid gimmicky races is driving fans away at an alarming rate. Just look at the stands on any given Sunday and you will see how many empty seats there are and it started with Brian France and his infatuation to turn racing into a "stick and ball sport".

Of course another overtime finish. Can't get one to finish in regulation. Good run for HMS though taking the top 3 spots. Byron is on fire this year. My preseason champion pick shining this year.

Reactions: Creed Bratton
I listened to Denny Hamlin's podcast and man was he slamming NASCAR for not doing something about short track racing. He said they wanted to make the racing more competitive but they have it where nobody can pass. Even the lead cars have a difficult time passing lap traffic due to tires that won't wear out and a low horse power motor. He goes on to complain that they want to take races from tracks like Martinsville to do another road course when fans don't want that. Like him or not he is not afraid to speak out against NASCAR when it needs to be said.

ADVERTISEMENT